What Bothered You Most About This Loss?

Jville

Reaction score
Not cashing in on turnover opportunities. Seahawks were o for 4 on recovering Charger fumbles.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Easy answer for me: San Diego imposed their will on us on offense for most of the game. We couldn't get them out of rhythm. They took what we gave them absolutely masterfully. That's their specialty, though.

They led the league in a couple of sustained drive stats last year, it's not really a fluke. We saw this coming. And they still pulled it off.

hawk45

Reaction score
nanomoz":hgyultj6 said:
Easy answer for me: San Diego imposed their will on us on offense for most of the game. We couldn't get them out of rhythm. They took what we gave them absolutely masterfully. That's their specialty, though.

They led the league in a couple of sustained drive stats last year, it's not really a fluke. We saw this coming. And they still pulled it off.

Yeah watching an opposing offense impose its will on our defense was disturbing.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
There were lots of things to be concerned or upset about, but the biggest to me were the stupid penalties that either kept San Diego drives alive or killed Seattle drives. Three in particular in the third quarter stand out. The defensive holding on Malcolm Smith that prevented Seattle from forcing a 3 & out on the opening drive of the second half, the false start by Zach Miller on Seattle's first possession of the second half that turned a 2nd & 4 into a 1st & 20, effectively killing the drive, and the unnecessary roughness on Bruce Irvin on 3rd down that gave San Diego a first down so instead of being forced to kick a field goal they kept going and scored a touchdown.

seahawks08

Reaction score
We should have long grinding drives just like they did, we need to do better to give the defense rest. If they had 42 minutes of possession and the kind of heat, it would be difficult for any team to win. We just got away from our run first mentality, that did not wear out their defense.

ivotuk

Reaction score
1. Max Unger and Russell Okung's piss poor play. They did not play like Pro Bowlers, they did not even play like veterans. They played like rookies.

2. The stupid penalties by Zach Miller, Bruce Irvin and "The Super Bowl MVP."

3. The poor punting by Jon Ryan.

I thought the LBs played just fine, they were up against great receivers and they can only cover them for so long. A future HOF tight end deep downfield catching a TD with KJ all over him is not poor coverage.

redeye81

Reaction score
1. our defense could not adjust quick enough to stop the dink and dunk
2. our offense couldn't adjust to the pass rush the chargers presented
3. our play calling didn't call for more Lynch running..

We are in trouble if we don't correct things quickly.. we will i am betting..

Anthony!

Reaction score
seahawks08":1e9z2vvl said:
We should have long grinding drives just like they did, we need to do better to give the defense rest. If they had 42 minutes of possession and the kind of heat, it would be difficult for any team to win. We just got away from our run first mentality, that did not wear out their defense.

dude that was on the defense for not getting off the field, not the offense who a ores over 20 points

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm not worried about the Defense. They were on the field for over 40 minutes in 120 degree heat. That is going to make it tough for any Defense to be able to give 100% on every play. The Chargers took advantage by doing lots of dinks and dunks and wore the D down. I don't think it's a sign that our D is "exposed" or anything like that. If not for the stupid Irvin penalty, that's 3 points instead of 7 given up. It was a combination of factors and they just had a bad day. Plus, Percy gift wrapped the Chargers one TD with his fumble. Chargers should have had 11 less points by my count if the dumb mistakes were elliminated. I think the D is fine.

The thing that irritated me was the O-line's lack of protection. And the really irritating thing is that we all knew they didn't do enough to fix it in the offseason. We knew it was going to be this way, and that's what irritates me the most. We were fortunate to win a SB with our O-line last year. We are playing with fire by going into the season with the personnel we have. And that's irritating. A whole offseason to fix it and they didn't do much.

Ruminator

Reaction score
We looked like a lethargic and undisciplined team 2+ years away from playoff contention. So strange to say just months after our Super Bowl parade.

I couldn't understand all the praise for our OL after our Week 1 win against the Packers. Today validated my concerns. No need is currently more pressing than our OL.

Props to the Bolts. Rivers is as fiery a competitor as they come. And their OL was top-tier -- the way I would build a team if I were GM. I'd love to see a Chargers-Broncos AFC Championship match-up.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Bugged me how we got blanked in the 4th qtr when it mattered most. We're a good team we can recover from this.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
People blaming this loss on the offense.
People blaming this loss on the play calling.
People blaming this loss on a lack of carries by Lynch.

davidonmi

Reaction score
the ditch":3fu90kib said:
lousy tackling, terrible run defense, and Sherman getting clowned the whole game.

Why did we have so many linebackers in coverage, same with Kam.

I think we will be much better next week.
Wow if that's considered getting "clowned" for Sherman I can't wait to see one of his great games

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Treating Beast Mode & Percy like they were 3rd-stringers forced to play in a real game due to starters being out.