What Bothered You Most About This Loss?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Two things bother me most;

1. Lack of discipline and composure of the defense. WAY too many stupid penalties, mistakes and mental lapses on coverage. I thought this D was past all this now that they've been together for 3-4 years. Guess not.

2. No turnovers. Our D DOMINATED in the turnover column last year, and they're just not creating chances like last year. This was a problem in the pre-season too, so I've been worried about this for a while.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Cinnamongirl":38jxwe0q said:
Listen, it is very difficult in the NFL to win every single game. The Seahawks have not lost since December. It was going to happen at some point. As Sportscenter pointed out, Rivers was hit several times but had two hands on the ball and it didn't get jarred loose. It was just one of those things. I am not Seahawks fan, obviously, but gotta keep it real here. I am still not 100% sure Wilson is what you all think he is and I was watching the Broncos game during the Seahawks game.

I was not happy that you lost because that made it harder for next week for the Broncos. And Rivers is a little baby.

I told the Smack Shack I would really talk a little football here. I really don't know why SD was testing sherman as much as they did.

How can you take anything away from Wilson in that game? He is playing as well as anyone in the league right now and has been. Why people bag on Wilson is beyond me. He wasn't the reason we lost.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Russell showed he is mortal.

I was completely confident that he had enough time to march down the field and score.

Our offense did not produce when the game was on the line, against a pretty mediocre defense. And they were clearly rested, so it wasn't the heat.

Even the best hitters sometimes strike out, and even the best QBs sometimes don't make the conversion but even though I talk crap about Wilson, it is just a superstition thing. I never really believe he is going to fail. Which is weird in itself.

Ultimately Wilson is a stellar QB that is going to get better than has a fantastic attribute in not losing focus in times of high stress. More often than not that tilts the scale and leads to victories. Just not yesterday.

But the Hawks lost to a few teams last year and we still had the greatest season ever. Wins and losses are going to come, but this is a hell of a football team.

capncrunch

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1hgxru8w said:
We didn't neglect Lynch. We didn't have the ball enough, and penalties/blown up plays took the run game out of the equation. Offensive play-calling was not the issue today. They were actually extremely efficient in the opps they had. Our defense just couldn't get them on the field.

This is right on. Thanks for being level headed as usual.

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
dusktreader":3h90vzcm said:
1. Irvin's ridiculous late hit. What the hell, man?
2. Linebackers in coverage. Our LB unit has been pretty great in coverage, but tonight they looked horrible
3. Letting check-downs and dump offs turn into first downs. Our coverage in the flat during the first half was a joke.

We had better figure this out quickly ...the Broncos are 1000 times better at this than the Chargers

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I changed my mind. What's bothering me the most about our loss is half of our own damned fan base blaming it on heat and being mentally incapable of understanding that the announcers were incorrect morons saying it was 115 degrees on the field because they kept showing a dramatic shot of a thermometer sitting out in direct sunshine.

Cartire

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3dkbii7h said:
I changed my mind. What's bothering me the most about our loss is half of our own damned fan base blaming it on heat and being mentally incapable of understanding that the announcers were incorrect morons saying it was 115 degrees on the field because they kept showing a dramatic shot of a thermometer sitting out in direct sunshine.

My biggest complaint is Roland telling everyone who was there how they were feeling while he was up in WA.

You do know how radiant heat and confined space works right? It wasn't triple digits in San Diego. It was inside that stadium where zero shade, 70,000 people and a massive concrete structure held the heat.

Largent80

Reaction score
The Time of possession bothered me the most. Our LB's could NOT stop the short passing game.

I like KJ Wright but yesterday he was a huge goat. Also Malcomb Smith, made a huge holding penalty on a 3rd and long that resulted in a 1st down instead of a punt. 2 plays later he whiffed so bad on an easy tackle. Irvins ridiculous penalty.

Our linebackers sucked except 1 guy. Bobby Wagner, that dude is a stud.

the ditch

Reaction score
MeanBlueGreen":27vtofsj said:
dusktreader":27vtofsj said:
2. Linebackers in coverage. Our LB unit has been pretty great in coverage, but tonight they looked horrible
3. Letting check-downs and dump offs turn into first downs. Our coverage in the flat during the first half was a joke.

We had better figure this out quickly ...the Broncos are 1000 times better at this than the Chargers

Are they? I'm not so sure, Broncos had a hard time putting KC away at home, last year SD went into Denver and beat them.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
the ditch":5snpkpt9 said:
MeanBlueGreen":5snpkpt9 said:
dusktreader":5snpkpt9 said:

Are they? I'm not so sure, Broncos had a hard time putting KC away at home, last year SD went into Denver and beat them.
Don't put too much stock into that given San Diego is a bad matchup for Denver and Kansas City always gives it their best against Denver and both are bitter division rivalry games.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Cartire":1paroima said:
You do know how radiant heat and confined space works right? It wasn't triple digits in San Diego. It was inside that stadium where zero shade, 70,000 people and a massive concrete structure held the heat.
I don't think you know what a "confined space" is. It's certainly not an open-air stadium. Heat gravitates upward, by the way. (Shocking revelation. I know.) The surface air temperature on the field itself is cooler than sunny parts of the stands packed with people.

Kansashawkfan

Reaction score
Play calling. I thought Chuck Knox returned. 3rd & 19 so we....run? We have offensive weapons out the wazoo ie... Percy (who was way underused), Baldwin, Kearse or Lynch(out of the backfield). Rarely will a run play will yield 19 yds on 3rd down. We are capable of picking up that kind of yardage. Felt like we gave up. Disappointing!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3b89jv24 said:
Cartire":3b89jv24 said:
I don't think you know what a "confined space" is. It's certainly not an open-air stadium. Heat gravitates upward, by the way. (Shocking revelation. I know.) The surface air temperature on the field itself is cooler than sunny parts of the stands packed with people.
Roland! YOU...WEREN'T...THERE. That's all anybody needs to know.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":223tx49w said:
Roland! YOU...WEREN'T...THERE. That's all anybody needs to know.
I haven't been to the moon, but I know it isn't made of green cheese.

Whatever, let's just all agree that it was 145 degrees that day. It gives everyone the excuse they're whispering behind closed doors for why we lost; let's just put it behind us.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
That folks are still dwelling on the game. One crappy game and we suck all the sudden?
It was a craptastic performance on many levels, FLUSH IT, fix it, and move on!

chris98251

Reaction score
118 on the field, body temp elevated to around 100 degrees, it was actually 218 degrees inside the uniform :)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2u5pkmr7 said:
That folks are still dwelling on the game. One crappy game and we suck all the sudden?
It was a craptastic performance on many levels, FLUSH IT, fix it, and move on!
I dwell on wins and losses for opposite reasons though obviously, I don't think it's fair to expect everyone to just forget about a loss. I don't forget about our games for the rest of the week no matter what the outcome was, but that's just me.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
What bothers me about the loss was Irvin getting a personal on 3rd down and after showing that the defense was doing everything to allow 3rd down conversions that Carroll kicked the ball on 4th and short when the team was moving the ball well.

Other than that, it was obvious that even without the heat, that being on the field that long would kill the defense, but with it just doubled the issue.

It was a rare combination of things that all fell to SD. Bennett getting the strip, but Rivers holds on the ball, heaves it towards the end zone for a TD.. fumbles that didn't equate to turnovers, Harvin fumbling... a rare game indeed and yet the Hawks were still in it.

I think considering the logistics, i give the Hawks a break on that one. Plus it will totally guarantee a fired up team on Sunday.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I'm mostly bothered by people saying we neglected Marshawn, the game dictated how things played out. I have seen where we had anywhere from 36 to 40 offensive plays, Lynch had 6 carries and I think 4 receptions which means he had his hand on the ball 25% of the time. Our offense was having no problem moving the ball so the only problem was that we never had it. The one time I was very disappointed in Lynch not getting the ball was on the Harvin carry on 1st down on the last drive. We played some bad games last year like blowing the lead in Indy when Luck torched us, time to move on to the Broncos! I think my biggest regret is all the new cuss words that I think my daughter learned from during the game, I'm not sure why I yell at my TV but it sure makes the dog go hide!

Latest posts