What Bothered You Most About This Loss?

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Our inability to get off the field on 3rd downs
Kam letting old man Gates beat him for 2 touchdowns, come on Kam!

And what the hell was up with all of Zach Millers penalties, was that four of them?

HawkWow

Reaction score
All of the above plus the top picks of our most recent drafts playing ineffective, stupid and / or unable to get on the football field (while eating away at our cap).

gremlin

Reaction score
Defense was its own worst enemy today...just not good at all.

marko358

Reaction score
Irked me that we had 10 days to prep for this and they had 6. Looked like the other way around.

timmat

Reaction score
For me, everything ramps up to the D's inability to help themselves and get off the field on 3rd downs. Our Offense would have put up more points with a few extra possessions.

One great characteristic of last year's deep D line was our ability to get QB pressure and stuff the run with just the front 4. It remains to be seen if this unit can do the same. Once you begin bringing up linebackers to help, it creates space for short and mid range passing.

Also tip your cap to a game plan by the Chargers that acknowledged and exploited the heat. They ran their offense at an increased tempo that did not allow us to rotate on D. That's tough in any game, but huge in 115 degree field-level temps.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
That it came in this manner right after we lost the Grandfather of .NET. Very depressing weekend. :cry:

HawkWow

Reaction score
Killa Kam":97y9loyi said:
Our inability to get off the field on 3rd downs
Kam letting old man Gates beat him for 2 touchdowns, come on Kam!

And what the hell was up with all of Zach Millers penalties, was that four of them?

Not one of Zach's best days but I'm going to give him a pass on the last one. When Wilson is in harm's way, I don't care if we trip the rusher or spray him with mace. Whatever it takes to keep RW from getting blindsided.Zach pretty much committed to the loss with that penalty (had we converted). Zach's smart enough to know that, and apparently felt saving RW was our top priority. Hard to berate him for that, imo.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2lpljb3i said:
That it came in this manner right after we lost the Grandfather of .NET. Very depressing weekend. :cry:

Yeah. I was getting that thru-out the game. The day started off bad and just stayed that way.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
timmat":2h7o2sf0 said:
That's tough in any game, but huge in 115 degree field-level temps.
It was never even close to 115 degrees. Leaving a thermometer out in the sunlight artificially inflates its temperature readings massively. It was mid-90s with humidity in the mid-70% range per the National Weather Service; not very humid. (Humid for a desert environment, sure, but nothing like playing in Miami or at Carolina like we have.)

Heat's not a reason or excuse for anything, the other team has to play in it as well.

HawkWow

Reaction score
True. But they also live and practice in it daily. Are you suggesting the temp didn't favor SD at all? I'd argue that...but would do so without putting it's blame on today's craptastic performance. It just didn't help, imo.

timmat

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3e5aqvl5 said:
timmat":3e5aqvl5 said:
Heat's not a reason or excuse for anything, the other team has to play in it as well.
Yes both teams had to play in it, but the combo of our poor play on 3rd down combined with their gameplan and execution meant one team's D played in that heat much , much more than the other. As the game progressed, it became more of an issue for us , but by our own doing for the most part.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
We shouldn't blame anything on the weather. San Diego had to play in the same temperature. No excuses.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
For the first time in years, it looked like we were playing in mud on defence. Just simply looked like the slower team out there

Also our Run D was underwhelming, I lost track of how many times what should have been a 1-3 yd run turned into a 5-7yd run due to some weak tackling

In the long-term, the main concern could be SD may have provided a bit of a blueprint on how to move the ball against Sea. No need for any deep passes, just take it one first down at a time. Underneath routes all day long were just destroying us. Teams are definitely gonna see that, so we'll have to make some serious adjustments

Melencause

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":15qhuj8i said:
timmat":15qhuj8i said:
It was never even close to 115 degrees. Leaving a thermometer out in the sunlight artificially inflates its temperature readings massively. It was mid-90s with humidity in the mid-70% range per the National Weather Service; not very humid. (Humid for a desert environment, sure, but nothing like playing in Miami or at Carolina like we have.)

Eh.... some of this is true. However, "conditioning" will help you cope with playing in that heat later on. Not that San Diego is constantly hot however.

Either way heat is still a shitty excuse. We got out played constantly. Pass protection looked like shit. Linebackers weren't great. I was disappointed in Kam and I don't understand all this passing when we are a run first team and we have much better run blockers than pass blockers...was just a very strange game.

Cinnamongirl

Reaction score
Listen, it is very difficult in the NFL to win every single game. The Seahawks have not lost since December. It was going to happen at some point. As Sportscenter pointed out, Rivers was hit several times but had two hands on the ball and it didn't get jarred loose. It was just one of those things. I am not Seahawks fan, obviously, but gotta keep it real here. I am still not 100% sure Wilson is what you all think he is and I was watching the Broncos game during the Seahawks game.

I was not happy that you lost because that made it harder for next week for the Broncos. And Rivers is a little baby.

I told the Smack Shack I would really talk a little football here. I really don't know why SD was testing sherman as much as they did.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Just that we lost, that bothers me.
Just like I don't care how we win, (bad calls, bad weather)
I don't how we lose. We lost!

Brush it off, it's over. We look toward next week. 1-0 next week! #gohawks!!!