What if Geno is solid?

John63

Reaction score
LTH":3upfe3c0 said:
John63":3upfe3c0 said:
Ace_Rimmer":3upfe3c0 said:
Tical21":3upfe3c0 said:
Oh man the Russ is god crowd is really clutching their pearls now. Gotta feel bad for them, honestly.

Good to see this guy posting here. This guy knows his stuff!

LOl wow you really think he knows anything, or are you being sarcastic.

I just think everybody is missing the big picture here... We want Geno to be successful... Nothing but good things can come from it... Even if it pinches Russ a bit... Good!! I hope he feels threatened because I know Russ will come back twice as sharp and out for vengeance... the worst thing that can happen is if Geno isn't successful..

We all want the Hawks to win but sometimes I think people don't want the hawks to win. If that's the case why are these people a Hawks fan?

Has your hate for PC , JS and Jody Allan made you dislike the team so bad that you want them to lose so you can be right? I mean that's crazy... we should be routing for this team because we love our Seahawks not so that we can be right in our opinions about the team......

LTH

Nobody said they don't want Geno to be successful, heck Wilson was at practice yesterday and helping Geno.

The reasons for wanting him to be successful are different

I want him to be because that means we might win and hold the fort till Wilson is back
Some want him to be successful so they can say Wilson was holding us back and we should get rid of him

Also, point of note I don't hate anyone. to me, hate means you would be fine if they died and I don't want anyone to die. Seen enough of that and more in my life.

I dislike OPC as a coach, as a person he seems okay. Heck I don't even hate anyone on this board I dislike some but not hate

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dude, give it up. Hopefully Geno plays well and they win. The team looked average WITH Russ.
He needed to play better. A LOT of things need to improve. I'm not buying that Geno will win a bunch of games, but if he does, cool. Let's rock, he is what we have for the next month. At least he has some experience.
At some point, you need to get over it. Russ is a HOF QB, but he's not perfect. He can play better. He is my favorite player in the league, but again, the team was AVERAGE with him in there. And won't be any better with Geno.

I'll gladly eat some crow. Might be time to talk about something other than Russ 24/7. Shoot, even I'm giving up. You won't accomplish anything, move on to something different.

LTH

Reaction score
John63":1crsbpgy said:
LTH":1crsbpgy said:
John63":1crsbpgy said:
Ace_Rimmer":1crsbpgy said:
Good to see this guy posting here. This guy knows his stuff!

I just think everybody is missing the big picture here... We want Geno to be successful... Nothing but good things can come from it... Even if it pinches Russ a bit... Good!! I hope he feels threatened because I know Russ will come back twice as sharp and out for vengeance... the worst thing that can happen is if Geno isn't successful..

We all want the Hawks to win but sometimes I think people don't want the hawks to win. If that's the case why are these people a Hawks fan?

Has your hate for PC , JS and Jody Allan made you dislike the team so bad that you want them to lose so you can be right? I mean that's crazy... we should be routing for this team because we love our Seahawks not so that we can be right in our opinions about the team......

LTH

Nobody said they don't want Geno to be successful, heck Wilson was at practice yesterday and helping Geno.

I want him to be because that means we might win and hold the fort till Wilson is back
Some want him to be successful so they can say Wilson was holding us back and we should get rid of him

Also, point of note I don't hate anyone. to me, hate means you would be fine if they died and I don't want anyone to die. Seen enough of that and more in my life.

I dislike OPC as a coach, as a person he seems okay. Heck I don't even hate anyone on this board I dislike some but not hate

The distain on this board gets intense and maybe its just people arguing and voicing their opinions in debate but where is the love man? thats my whole point...

edit: I mean do we only rejoice together when we win the SB? LOL

LTH

John63

Reaction score
LTH":5qubeqrt said:
John63":5qubeqrt said:
LTH":5qubeqrt said:
John63":5qubeqrt said:

LTH

The distain on this board gets intense and maybe its just people arguing and voicing their opinions in debate but where is the love man? thats my whole point...

edit: I mean do we only rejoice together when we win the SB? LOL

LTH

Awesome points.

kf3339

Reaction score
Tical21":rvkr91la said:
I'm sure the Jets would appreciate it.

Yep, they'll be thrilled to get our 1st round top 10 pick!

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I don't think it matters who is playing QB. Not with this defense.

Fade

Reaction score
Mahomes and Wilson can't carry league worst defenses, but Geno can? Don't do drugs.

keasley45

Reaction score
Fade":3ddcqa56 said:
Mahomes and Wilson can't carry league worst defenses, but Geno can? Don't do drugs.

And therein lies the misconception.

The question is whether Geno is afs good as Goff. Because it's been proven that that's all he has to be for the offense to function pretty well

Wilson plays as if he needs to put up 50 everytime he has the ball. We will score 24 points in 9 minutes of a half and the opposing team will have the ball for 21, maybe not score as much in that span, and then slowly go ahead in the 2nd half because the defense is on the field too much.

This is exactly what happened against the Rams ( end of the first half they out possessed us 2-1)... and Titans...and to a degree, against the Vikings, but the Minnesota game was more just a defensive collapse Not to say the defense didn't have some pretty significant errors itself against all of those teams (its not good), but they can't give up yards if they are on the bench. And the opposing team's offense (like ours) will have a harder time getting into rhythm if they aren't on the field as much.

You know how you do that? The same way other teams do it to us. Methodically march down field, 8 to 12 yards at a time. And you have a better chance of doing that if every 3rd play isn't a heave 40 yards downfield. When that works, it's usually in the first half when we are mixing in the run better. 2nd half, we play 'throw it around the yard to DK and Tyler' and defenses just sit back and wait. They don't stop us, we stop ourselves.

So I don't see a reason why Geno can't play within the system, hit higher percentage passes within the plan Waldron designs to get receivers free, and on a more frequent occasion, mix in runs that aren't the same bs RO looks we've always given.

We hired Waldron because he's supposed to be able to draw up a passing attack that is passer friendly... read and react. Look what that offense did for Goff. The scheme was good enough to get them to the superbowl... and it wasn't like they were Trent dilfer and the ravens. They put up points.

And comparing Mahomes / KC struggles and Wilson / Seattle's struggles is irrelevant. They are failing for different reasons.

keasley45

Reaction score
Another good comparison woukd be to see if Geno can play as well as Eli Manning did in 2011 when they won the whole thing. He wasn't spectacular at all and for the most part played within a system that got how at the right time. His defense's rank that season? Glad you asked.. 27th and 25th in point and yards allowed. In other words, it stank. But they had a balanced attack and played complimentary, opportunistic football in the playoffs and brought the Lombardi home.

LTH

Reaction score
keasley45":ghjgzv3b said:
Fade":ghjgzv3b said:

And therein lies the misconception.

The question is whether Geno is afs good as Goff. Because it's been proven that that's all he has to be for the offense to function pretty well

Wilson plays as if he needs to put up 50 everytime he has the ball. We will score 24 points in 9 minutes of a half and the opposing team will have the ball for 21, maybe not score as much in that span, and then slowly go ahead in the 2nd half because the defense is on the field too much.

This is exactly what happened against the Rams ( end of the first half they out possessed us 2-1)... and Titans...and to a degree, against the Vikings, but the Minnesota game was more just a defensive collapse Not to say the defense didn't have some pretty significant errors itself against all of those teams (its not good), but they can't give up yards if they are on the bench. And the opposing team's offense (like ours) will have a harder time getting into rhythm if they aren't on the field as much.

You know how you do that? The same way other teams do it to us. Methodically march down field, 8 to 12 yards at a time. And you have a better chance of doing that if every 3rd play isn't a heave 40 yards downfield. When that works, it's usually in the first half when we are mixing in the run better. 2nd half, we play 'throw it around the yard to DK and Tyler' and defenses just sit back and wait. They don't stop us, we stop ourselves.

So I don't see a reason why Geno can't play within the system, hit higher percentage passes within the plan Waldron designs to get receivers free, and on a more frequent occasion, mix in runs that aren't the same bs RO looks we've always given.

We hired Waldron because he's supposed to be able to draw up a passing attack that is passer friendly... read and react. Look what that offense did for Goff. The scheme was good enough to get them to the superbowl... and it wasn't like they were Trent dilfer and the ravens. They put up points.

And comparing Mahomes / KC struggles and Wilson / Seattle's struggles is irrelevant. They are failing for different reasons.

Yep...Nice post!

LTH

kf3339

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":xsvchon5 said:
Meh, the Jets will blow it. Like they have done many times.

Probably true, but then again we would have traded down 4 or 5 times and ended up with maybe a low 1st or high 2nd and a bunch of 3rd, 4th and probably 5th round picks of which not a d(*n one of them would have been worth s$%t. It's happened many times before with our drafts.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I envision it like this. Geno will be a game manager until the team is down 2 or 3 scores due to the horrid defense and then the wheels fall off when he is forced to become aggressive because they need to score.

keasley45

Reaction score
I guess I find it hard to be so down on a guy who started his career with the Jets. THE JETS. what qb that's played there in the last 30 years has been good? Look at Sam Darnold. He was below average for his career in NY and is fairing much better in Carolina. Don't see why Geno can't do the same thing.

That franchise is just bad.

sutz

Reaction score
If he's solid, we'll win a couple of the upcoming games and we won't need to rush Russ back.

Stud

Reaction score
Well, as a 49ers fan, I just want to let you know the grass isn't always greener on the other side. 2018, Jimmy G got hurt, we had CJ Beathard, who was somewhat ineffective. Then Nick Mullens played and threw 3 TD's against the Raiders and looked great. We all thought Mullens would be a serviceable QB. Well, he was horribly inconsistent after and had 9 TD's and 10 Picks. Mullens ended up being worst in 2020.

Another example is the 2015 Broncos. Brock Osweiler outplayed Manning for most of the 2nd half of the season Then signed a huge contract with Houston the next year and for the next 2 seasons reminded everyone why he was originally a backup QB.

Point is don't be blinded by the fact that a backup QB comes in and has a small stretch of good or effective play. The longer they play, they'll remind you why they were backup QB's to begin with.

chris98251

Reaction score
In my memory other then QB's at the end of their careers mostly the Jets last good QB drafted was Ken O Brien, the team had already declined from Namath by then and Ken was trying to replace a legend on a team in disarray and they could not draft and be competitive to save their life, But O Brien played will regardless.

Latest posts