What Super Bowl fixxxxxxxins are you guys going to have?

drcool

Reaction score
I usually try to make foods associated with the teams that are playing. A few years ago I came up with a list of iconic foods from all the NFL cities.

For Seattle I am thinking fish and chips.
For Denver I am thinking Mile High Sandwiches

Although living in the south now some good shrimp and grits is calling my name.

Seagal2013

Reaction score
Gonna go with a 6 foot super sub, veggie tray, sweet and sour meatballs, BBQ smokies, velveeta salsa dip and a fruit platter that is good for you UNTIL you add the cream cheese and marshmallow fluff dip!! yummmm!

Spiderdan

Reaction score
I'm gonna get a couple hundred wings. I have a question though, should I go with wing dome or buffalo wild wings?

King Dog

Reaction score
I'm doing the same thing as Efren. Atomic Buffalo Turds. Bacon,jalapenos,little smokies. Throw them on the smoker at 200 for a few hours, crank them up to 350 if needed to crisp the bacon.

Delicious.

Oorapy0

The Delf

Reaction score
Like every other game, (a big size) Pizza and (lots of) Beer. No ambitions to cook in the middle of the night.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
King Dog":z13nyd4z said:
I'm doing the same thing as Efren. Atomic Buffalo Turds. Bacon,jalapenos,little smokies. Throw them on the smoker at 200 for a few hours, crank them up to 350 if needed to crisp the bacon.

Delicious.

Oorapy0

Those look amazing.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Going to do a Percy Potluck....

Eveyrone shows up and there is no food or snacks or anything.

Then at the last possible second before the game starts I'll drop a curtain revealing a bountiful cornucopia of amazing game day dishes that save the day.

rpmischris

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":m5v925sb said:
Hawknballs":m5v925sb said:
Here you go.

You're welcome.

Friend of mine made this for the first game of the season, going to make it for our last game of the season:

http://bkarmstrong.blogspot.com/2013/01 ... bacon.html
Speaking of bacon, I'm pretty sure I'm going to bake up a tray or two of these little bad boys. Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos? Yes sir!

Baconpoppers

These are called atomic buffalo turds and are generally made in the smoker. I make em a few times a year and they are sweet, salty, and downright delic

Largent80

Reaction score
Gonna make BBQ Baby Back Ribs (2 recipes), one teriyaki, the other rubbed with Montreal steak seasoning. Gonna make my cream cheese/crab stuffed Portobelos. My dad is making Mexican Fideo, and salsa. Many other munchables as well.

I have been brewing a batch of Double Stout for 3 weeks. It has been bottled for that long, should be good by that Sunday.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
King Dog":11qm7e3h said:

Delicious.

Oorapy0

So there are lil smokies in the middle of those? And I am guessing Cream cheese? Those look awesome man!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Just worked up our menu today...we are hosting a party:

jalapeno poppers with cilantro lime dip
honey and lime wings
pigs in a blanket
pepperoni pretzels
mini chipotle beef burgers
homemade sub dip (my wife makes it...yummy)
homemade salsa (also my wife's)
meat & cheese platter
fruit platter
veggie platter
brownies
cheesecake

StoneCold

Reaction score
Ribs and Ribs and Ribs of the piggy variety. Yum.

Attachments

• bbq 029Small.jpg
    bbq 029Small.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 1,257
  • photo Small ribs.jpg
    photo Small ribs.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 1,257
  • RibsMarrowsmall.jpg
    RibsMarrowsmall.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 1,257

OrFan

Reaction score
I don't know, and I really don't care. Food is just food, something we have to eat to stay alive.

To me, the game is all that matters on that day.

StoneCold

Reaction score
OrFan":303iskuv said:
I don't know, and I really don't care. Food is just food, something we have to eat to stay alive.

To me, the game is all that matters on that day.

Ah, I see you are a fan of Soylent Green. To each their own.

SC

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does anyone get too worked up during the game to eat (especially if it's close!)
I get so much adrenaline pumping I almost spew! :pukeface: Sorry to talk about that in a food thread. Lol

dbmack

Reaction score
mr dbmack is still unable to eat our usual game day pizza so I will probably go with a roast in the crockpot with easy sides.

I am seriously considering buying a bottle of champagne and having a glass when we win. I haven't had alcohol in 2 1/2 years but might make an exception since I have been waiting 38 years for this.

Largent80

Reaction score
More recipes. I love these threads and I am surprised Absolute hasn't put something in here. He was born with a chefs hat on his head.