What time slot do you think we will get for Playoffs?

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Since the game is at 1:25 on Sunday, I suspect after we see the victory fireworks at the end of the game, they'll be putting it up on the big screens.

Steve2222

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2d990tuh said:
Def. a lot of differing opinions. Guess I should have made it a poll :irishdrinkers:
I still think it will be late Sat. That being said.........fully expect to be seeing them announce Sunday late game at the end of our WIN on Sunday. Why? Because that's the only time I hope we DON'T get :lol:

A home Dallas game will be late Sunday. Dallas home games are made for Joe and Troy to call. This shouldn’t even be debated.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I haven't heard of any schedule changes to format this year for the playoff games so I would continue to assume it will be late Sunday, when the 5@4 NFC WC game has been consistently played the last few years.

Steve2222

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":19k3e6yj said:
So, because that's your opinion, why bother? Got it :irishdrinkers:

It’s not an opinion lol. It’s fact.

I will never return to this site again if Dallas doesn’t play Sunday afternoon. I don’t have to look it up to realize that Troy and Joe have called more games at JerryLand than any other venue in football.

The Dallas Cowboys are the most popular brand in American sports. Sunday afternoon is the prime spot for playoff games. It’s not hard to put two and two together.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Steve2222":11a5kv6a said:
SoulfishHawk":11a5kv6a said:

I will never return to this site again if Dallas doesn’t play Sunday afternoon. I don’t have to look it up to realize that Troy and Joe have called more games at JerryLand than any other venue in football.

The Dallas Cowboys are the most popular brand in American sports. Sunday afternoon is the prime spot for playoff games. It’s not hard to put two and two together.

Fair enough.

What if Jerry decides that he’d sell way more beer/hot dogs on Saturday night vs Sunday?

I may have enough “tug” to get things his way.

I just don’t think a change from recent past is out of the realm of possibility.

The only thing I know for sure about this topic is, it’s 100% stupid for us to argue over.

YMMV

Steve2222

Reaction score
pmedic920":29j4vhoy said:
Steve2222":29j4vhoy said:
SoulfishHawk":29j4vhoy said:

Fair enough.

What if Jerry decides that he’d sell way more beer/hot dogs on Saturday night vs Sunday?

I just don’t think a change from recent past is out of the realm of possibility.

The only thing I know for sure about this topic is, it’s 100% stupid for us to argue over.

YMMV

Don’t think Roger and the NFL care what Jerry thinks/wants, especially since he’s on the s*** list amongst the owners. Besides, the NFL makes way more off TV viewership than they do off gameday ticket sales and concessions.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Steve2222":3lclbgcw said:
pmedic920":3lclbgcw said:
Steve2222":3lclbgcw said:
SoulfishHawk":3lclbgcw said:

Fair enough.

YMMV

Don’t think Roger and the NFL care what Jerry thinks/wants, especially since he’s on the s*** list amongst the owners. Besides, the NFL makes way more off TV viewership than they do off gameday ticket sales and concessions.

Ok, if you’re not willing to concede the FACT that we really don’t know, you go ahead and carry on.

Nobody has said you won’t ultimately be proven to have guessed correctly.

Most here, including myself know what’s most likely going to happen.

Again it’s stupid, I say stupid to argue, or feel the need to be right over something like this.

Steve2222

Reaction score
It’s not a guess when you’ve been watching football for 25 years and the Dallas Cowboys ALWAYS get Fox’s Top crew (Which would be Sunday 4pm EST) for big games.

This is essentially wondering who is going to play on Thanksgiving and debating if Detroit and Dallas will be two of the teams.
There’s nothing to talk about. We play LA or Chicago, we will play Saturday Night. We play Dallas, we play Sunday afternoon

This isn’t even considering it will be a 4 vs 5 matchup, i.e. better than 3 vs 6.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
There is no “format”, “usual schedule” , “5 vs. 4 on Sunday afternoon”, “Troy and Joe only do Sunday afternoon”, or anything of the sort. Every year simply depends upon the matchups and whatever TV wants that particular year. So, anything could happen. I’d still bet on Saturday night though, if it’s the Cowboys.

The only predetermined slots are the conference championships, which rotate every year.

Steve2222

Reaction score
You’re being seriously naive if you think they just randomly slot playoff games

James in PA

Reaction score
It was a long time ago, but the Cowboys at Seahawks wildcard game from Jan 2007 (the Romo fumble!) was a Sat night game. Giants at Philly got the Sunday 4pm slot the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Hopefully a late game against Jerruhs Kids. I want to see BBD dent the Jumbotron during warmups.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":38d0asa0 said:

Nobody said anything even remotely close to that, seriously. Read the post again.

kobebryant

Reaction score
My guess would be that a Dallas vs Seattle matchup would be primetime Saturday night.

pmedic920

Reaction score
kobebryant":334ptu5z said:
My guess would be that a Dallas vs Seattle matchup would be primetime Saturday night.

Please stop guessing.

You should know, if you’ve ever watched football, this is already decided.

Lol
:{)

pmedic920

Reaction score
Steve2222":iok4dwnc said:

You just don’t “get it”.

Almost everyone here knows what the most likely “time/day slot” will be.

It’s a simple “speculative” conversation.

The FACT is, it’s not set in stone, and WE DONT KNOW for sure.

As I said above, you very well could be proven “right”, it’s actually highly likely.

What’s the obsession with being “right”?

It’s not a good look for you.

kobebryant

Reaction score
pmedic920":1onva3k4 said:
kobebryant":1onva3k4 said:

Please stop guessing.

You should know, if you’ve ever watched football, this is already decided

My apologies.