Where do we get a REAL TE?????

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
FargoHawk":1ymlsl5n said:
Maxx Williams is THE guy. Excellent blocker, athletic guy, great hands, great kid

Did I say we should draft him?

I'm definitely down with that pick, but I have seen him mocked to Denver. Maybe this is the year that we finally trade up instead of down in the First.

Wonder what it'd take to jump up 4 spots? Of course if the Broncos (or _____?) know we covet him, they may jump up as well. Probably best to not talk about it & delete every post on here that mentions his name.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Lance Kendricks is someone I would keep an eye on depending on how the market develops.

jblaze

Reaction score
DJrmb":1vtthoon said:
Lance Kendricks is someone I would keep an eye on depending on how the market develops.

I agree with this. I wouldn't spend our #1 pick on a TE. I'd go WR, then DL then CB.

TE is a position you can draft later or get a mid level guy in free agency and Kendricks could be decent there.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":jkbs2fda said:
Hasselbeck":jkbs2fda said:
Sgt. Largent":jkbs2fda said:
I'd like to see us go after either Jordan Cameron or Jermaine Gresham.

Gresham's a free agent, and would be a dramatic upgrade athletically. Cameron's upside is bigger, but I'd be worried about his concussion issues. One more and the dude's gonna have to sit for half a season.

I also think the Browns are going to franchise him if he balks at a small extension, as they have plenty of cap space and the franchise tag for TE's is pretty cheap, like 7M.

We have a Jordan Cameron on the roster.. his name is Luke Willson

Cameron is vastly overrated and has a concussion history as you alluded to. Like Darrell Bevell at the 1 yard line, I'll pass.

I won't argue with the concussion issue, definitely concerning. But IMO Cameron is a superior TE to Willson, in just about every aspect of the position...........when healthy, which again I know would be super risky.

Outside of his outlier season in 2013.. The stats say otherwise.

I'd rather bring Zach back since he's like an extra OT and keep on developing Luke who is close to being a pretty good player.

We desperately need a reliable WR though. That's a bigger need than TE IMO

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Jordan Cameron had a +900 yard -- seven touchdown season in 2013 with Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell at quarterback.

When healthy, he's one of the few truly dynamic TE's in the NFL.

It's the 'when healthy' bit that's the issue.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2pngrxtw said:
Sgt. Largent":2pngrxtw said:
I'd like to see us go after either Jordan Cameron or Jermaine Gresham.

Gresham's a free agent, and would be a dramatic upgrade athletically. Cameron's upside is bigger, but I'd be worried about his concussion issues. One more and the dude's gonna have to sit for half a season.

I also think the Browns are going to franchise him if he balks at a small extension, as they have plenty of cap space and the franchise tag for TE's is pretty cheap, like 7M.

We have a Jordan Cameron on the roster.. his name is Luke Willson

Cameron is vastly overrated and has a concussion history as you alluded to. Like Darrell Bevell at the 1 yard line, I'll pass.
Too soon....

dadof3

Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":7lodttok said:
FargoHawk":7lodttok said:
Maxx Williams is THE guy. Excellent blocker, athletic guy, great hands, great kid

Did I say we should draft him?

I'm definitely down with that pick, but I have seen him mocked to Denver. Maybe this is the year that we finally trade up instead of down in the First.

Wonder what it'd take to jump up 4 spots? Of course if the Broncos (or _____?) know we covet him, they may jump up as well. Probably best to not talk about it & delete every post on here that mentions his name.

I just got a chuckle picturing Elway changing his drafting strategy after reading .NET

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":14bamsux said:
Jordan Cameron had a +900 yard -- seven touchdown season in 2013 with Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell at quarterback.

When healthy, he's one of the few truly dynamic TE's in the NFL.

It's the 'when healthy' bit that's the issue.

Zach Miller was the same way. And he did it with Jamarcus Russell, Charlie Frye, and Bruce Gradkowski

Then he came to Seattle. We know what's happened since

Jordan Cameron can't block. He's slightly slower than Willson. He has a decorated injury history.

I don't see how he's an upgrade over either of our TE's .. hell if we want a talented TE who is injury prone we can keep Moeaki too.

seabowl

Reaction score
Fred Davis. Was coming into his own before he got into trouble. Former SC guy too.

acbass

Reaction score
I've seen Maxx Williams play in person at every home game for the last two years. This guy is amazing. If he had a quarterback that could actually somewhat throw the ball, he'd be a household name. I'd LOVE to draft this guy.

shawnsim

Reaction score
Fair weather, short memory enough?

You guys are ridiculous. Zach Miller is the best TE we have ever had. His sin?
He got injured. Let us pile on the soft handed hard blocking dude because he is not the flavor of the month.
He was hurt. Let us hope that you idiots get hurt at work while doing your best work, then get fired. I would laugh in your face. That is what you idiots are doing.
Fricking mental midgets.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
shawnsim":xrmnrq9c said:

He got injured. Let us pile on the soft handed hard blocking dude because he is not the flavor of the month.
He was hurt. Let us hope that you idiots get hurt at work while doing your best work, then get fired. I would laugh in your face. That is what you idiots are doing.
Fricking mental midgets.

Bahahahahaaaa! Settle down tough guy. I've Never seen any fans here rip Miller. Most love the guy but he is getting old, getting expensive, and has been injured here and there. At some point, we need a replacement and if we can draft Maxx, we should do it.

White Devil

Reaction score
FargoHawk":15at1vw7 said:
shawnsim":15at1vw7 said:

Fricking mental midgets.

Bahahahahaaaa! Settle down tough guy. I've Never seen any fans here rip Miller. Most love the guy but he is getting old, getting expensive, and has been injured here and there. At some point, we need a replacement and if we can draft Maxx, we should do it.

I agree. Don't think anybody is bashing Zach, but the 3 other guys we have can't carry Zach's jockstrap. There are a couple of great Draft options to get his replacement where we will be picking from.

The only thing I disagree on is which one should be the primary target. Maxx is great but why not select the actual best TE in college instead of the guy that took 2nd place? Either way I'd be happy though.

shawnsim

Reaction score
White Devil":2pyigwsw said:
FargoHawk":2pyigwsw said:
shawnsim":2pyigwsw said:

Fricking mental midgets.

I agree. Don't think anybody is bashing Zach, but the 3 other guys we have can't carry Zach's jockstrap. There are a couple of great Draft options to get his replacement where we will be picking from.

The only thing I disagree on is which one should be the primary target. Maxx is great but why not select the actual best TE in college instead of the guy that took 2nd place? Either way I'd be happy though.

Sorry. Bad day. Sick as well. Just a bad day I guess I transferred/ projected.

All apologies.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
FargoHawk":2sr79zyc said:
shawnsim":2sr79zyc said:

Fricking mental midgets.

Old and expensive? He's 29 and just took a pay cut last year. Injured here and there? Other than this year he's never missed more than 2 games in a year.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Good post. Been thinking the same thing, need a good TE. Reminds me of the 2002 draft when TE was a big need.

classicaaron

Reaction score
i think we should draft nick o'leary. maybe im crazy because im also an fsu fan and would love for him to be on seattle but hes projected as 3rd or 4th round pick and if you can get him in those rounds i think hes a steal. he has great hands and is a great blocker. on a run first team he would help out the line alot which Willson curently doesnt. also he has the type of mentality seattle loves. hes a tough kid who looks to run over anybody he can, he would just be a great fit in the locker room.

only downside is hes not the quickest guy out there but yet he always found a way to get open. and with fsu really struggling in wr's this year he came up clutch in quite a few games

Latest posts