Which Hawks from the Holmgren era deserve the Ring of Honor?

Who belongs in the RoH?

• Matt Hasselbeck

Votes: 103 81.7%
  • Shaun Alexander

Votes: 101 80.2%
  • Mack Strong

Votes: 63 50.0%
  • Steve Hutchinson

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Bobby Engram

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • Darrell Jackson

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Robbie Tobeck

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • Chris Gray

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Marcus Trufant

Votes: 37 29.4%
  • Lofa Tatupu

Votes: 29 23.0%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Barthawk":3aawsucr said:
Hass, Shaun and Holmgren. That is all.

ROH is for players that elevated the organization, not longevity (Mack and Tru). Michael Sinclair did as much or more in a Seahawks uniform than Mack/Trufant, but he will never be considered. (rightfully so).

Agreed.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2gohlt3v said:
Maulbert":2gohlt3v said:
ImTheScientist":2gohlt3v said:
You need a "none" option.

Only Walt but he is in. Not everyone gets a trophy.

It's called not voting. If you can vote for all, you can vote for none.

You understand a none vote would affect the percentage in the poll? I tried selecting none of them and it didn't work when I voted.

This isn't a percentage based poll. Ignore that number. It's not a vote for one poll, you are free to vote for as many as you want. The whole point was to see who has support and who doesn't. No vote from you means no support from you. You'll notice some players on that list don't have a lot of votes, which means most people don't think they belong.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
justafan":20gusc4l said:
I think you have to keep it to players who are almost HOF worthy.I have a lot players I love but dont deserve to be there.
Look at the Cowboys history and the ring of honor members compared to the Seahawks.
Should it be based on sentiment and popularity like Zorn or accomplishments like HOFers Tez and Jones?
I love Hasslebeck and Alexander but they arn't legends of the game.That team will always be special to me and all longtime fans but how many of them are truly considered great players in the history of the game?
If its not for the truly greats then it loses its meaning.

Krieg, Warner, and Zorn aren't even close to borderline hall of fame. All in the ring of honor. I'm not talking about retiring numbers, the two aren't mutually exclusive. If Krieg and Warner can get in, I don't see why Hass and Alexander don't deserve it.

Threedee

Reaction score
Matt, Shaun, and Mack. The first two are obvious. Mack is probably our best FB not named John L. Williams, and he was here for a friggin' long time, which makes him a fan favorite. Also, and most impressively, he seemed to get better with age, earning his first honors after he had already been here more than a decade.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Seafan":19r8bveg said:
Is Knox in yet?

For those that can't google seahawks ring of honor here ya go :th2thumbs:

Dave Brown, cornerback (1976–1986), inducted 1992.
Kenny Easley, safety (1981–1987), inducted 2002.
Jacob Green, defensive end (1980–1991), inducted 1995.
Pete Gross, (1976–1992), play-by-play radio announcer, inducted 1992.
Walter Jones, offensive tackle (1997–2009), inducted 2014.
Cortez Kennedy, defensive tackle (1990–2000), inducted 2006.
Chuck Knox, head coach (1983–1991), inducted September 25, 2005.
Dave Krieg, quarterback (1980–1991), inducted 2004.
Steve Largent, wide receiver (1976–1989), inducted 1989.
Curt Warner, running back (1983–1989), inducted 1994.
Jim Zorn, quarterback (1976–1984), inducted 2001.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Seahawks_Ring_of_Honor

McG

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1wdqyy7t said:
Hass, Shaun, Mack & Truf. That's it

Yeah, I also threw in Bobby because he was Hass' #1 even though he played slot. The guy was great, probably not RoH worthy, but he was my "fan favorite" pick.

Hass- He was face the Seahawks offense in 2000's (besides Big Walt), one of the team leaders the majority of his time here and overall a pretty damn good QB, regardless of his talent level.

S.A.- Regardless of the OL he was running behind, the dude was an MVP and would be best RB in our history if a guy named Beastmode didn't show up.

Mack Strong- Nothing needs to be said. One of the best FB's of the era and a huge part of what this team did in the run game for years.

Tru- He's a local guy, broke his back for the team (literally) and was a top 5-10 CB in the league the majority of his time here. He deserves to have his name up in the RoH.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":19xs8uos said:
I know I'm probably in the minority but I wouldn't put Mack in. Yeh he was good but ROH good? No

Same here. If a FB got in, I would prefer it was John L.

justafan

Reaction score
Maulbert":31uodwbn said:
justafan":31uodwbn said:
I think you have to keep it to players who are almost HOF worthy.I have a lot players I love but dont deserve to be there.
Look at the Cowboys history and the ring of honor members compared to the Seahawks.
Should it be based on sentiment and popularity like Zorn or accomplishments like HOFers Tez and Jones?
I love Hasslebeck and Alexander but they arn't legends of the game.That team will always be special to me and all longtime fans but how many of them are truly considered great players in the history of the game?
If its not for the truly greats then it loses its meaning.

Krieg, Warner, and Zorn aren't even close to borderline hall of fame. All in the ring of honor. I'm not talking about retiring numbers, the two aren't mutually exclusive. If Krieg and Warner can get in, I don't see why Hass and Alexander don't deserve it.

I dont have a problem with Hass or Alexander getting in.I dont have a problem if neither get in .I think you should favor accomplishments over sentiment.It should be an extremely exclusive club IMO.
Alexander was no Curt Warner though, IMO.If he didnt get injured I think he would be a HOF player.He did change the Seahawks when he was drafted.Alexander won the MVP but we all know the true MVP was that OLine.
Zorn was a pure sentiment pick.Time changes how people feel.
Back then he wasnt nearly as popular as he is now.
I would vote Holmgren over either just because he was the one that changed the culture and history of the Hawks.

nanomoz

Reaction score
McG":23vy9ruw said:
Tru- He's a local guy, broke his back for the team (literally) and was a top 5-10 CB in the league the majority of his time here. He deserves to have his name up in the RoH.

Yea, I agree. Tru was here for, what, 10 years? He was really good in probably 7 of those years. His lack of sexy stats doesn't help him. It could go either way, but I'm in the "for" camp.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Barthawk":11k5btka said:
Hass, Shaun and Holmgren. That is all.

ROH is for players that elevated the organization, not longevity (Mack and Tru). Michael Sinclair did as much or more in a Seahawks uniform than Mack/Trufant, but he will never be considered. (rightfully so).

Agreed