Which Seahawks make the NFL's 100 all-time team?

Rat

Reaction score
chris98251":3hctencp said:
Depends who is doing the picking, if they are a bunch of Gen Xers and Millennials few historical guys will make it.

Say the name Steve Largent and all they can relate to is a Congressmen if even that.

Well, at RB, Marion Motley, Lenny Moore, Earl Clark, and Steve Van Buren made it while Tomlinson, Faulk, and Adrian Peterson did not, so that should answer your question.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
After seeing Jerome Bettis make the cut down to final 20 RBs, I'm pretty sure this list is gonna be a joke.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Rat":27qnnb7w said:
hawksfansinceday1":27qnnb7w said:
Breakdown by position:

QB - 10
RB - 12
WR - 10
TE - 5
OL - 18
DL - 14
LB - 12
DB - 13
Special Teamers - 6

Also in addition:
Coaches - 10

If they're taking 10 wideouts, Largent almost definitely made the cut. Looking at lists online, Rice is the only WR unanimously ranked ahead of him, and the only others ranked higher with anything resembling consistency are Hutson, Moss, and TO. Gil Brandt, who works for the network putting these together has him 25th (also has Antonio Brown fifth, no joke), but nearly everyone else has him within a few positions (some higher, some lower) of No.5.
Gil Brandt is a POS

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Rat":3d0dk9zd said:
MontanaHawk05":3d0dk9zd said:
Wilson should. He's changed the league. Look at all these Wilson clones manning the QB position now, and how great they're doing, because Pete took a chance on Wilson..

I'm not saying Russ is necessarily undeserving, but I'd be really surprised if they took a currently-playing 30-year-old for an all-time list like this. They haven't announced the names, but they apparently chose 10 QBs. You have to figure Montana, Young, Brady, Manning, Marino, and Unitas are locks. Likely Favre and Elway too. Then, they probably don't want to look too recent-biased, so a few among the group of Graham, Starr, Staubach, Tarkenton, Luckman, and Baugh make it too (not that they're undeserving on their own).

That means, if there are any spots left, Russ would have to beat out close to, or all, of a group that includes Brees, Moon, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Bradshaw, Rivers, Fouts, Warner, Namath, Kelly, Jurgensen, Aikman, Dawson, Stabler, Tittle, Van Brocklin, and I'm sure several others I'm blanking on right now.

Russ will make many lists like this in the future, but I very much doubt this one will be among those.
Otto Graham is a lock and Sammy Baugh is damned close to one. Both deserving imo

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Rat":2e394psb said:
chris98251":2e394psb said:
Depends who is doing the picking, if they are a bunch of Gen Xers and Millennials few historical guys will make it.

Say the name Steve Largent and all they can relate to is a Congressmen if even that.

Well, at RB, Marion Motley, Lenny Moore, Earl Clark, and Steve Van Buren made it while Tomlinson, Faulk, and Adrian Peterson did not, so that should answer your question.
Lenny Moore is utterly deserving. If you saw him play you'd agree. The others can be argued.

Rat

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3znk20l8 said:
Rat":3znk20l8 said:
chris98251":3znk20l8 said:

Lenny Moore is utterly deserving. If you saw him play you'd agree. The others can be argued.
I didn't say Lenny was undeserving. I was strictly responding to the concern that the older guys could be snubbed. The RB list is good evidence that that is unlikely to be the case.

I don't think Van Buren was all that arguable; he was a beast. I don't know enough about Clark to comment intelligently on him though. I was surprised that between LT2, Faulk, and AP, at least one didn't make it.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Rat":mbowoego said:
hawksfansinceday1":mbowoego said:
Breakdown by position:

QB - 10
RB - 12
WR - 10
TE - 5
OL - 18
DL - 14
LB - 12
DB - 13
Special Teamers - 6

Also in addition:
Coaches - 10

If they're taking 10 wideouts, Largent almost definitely made the cut. Looking at lists online, Rice is the only WR unanimously ranked ahead of him, and the only others ranked higher with anything resembling consistency are Hutson, Moss, and TO. Gil Brandt, who works for the network putting these together has him 25th (also has Antonio Brown fifth, no joke), but nearly everyone else has him within a few positions (some higher, some lower) of No.5.
Good to know. I think Lance Alworth gets in. Hutson's a total lock. His career TD record stood for like 35 years til Largent broke it.
Agree with you on Van Buren.