Who do we root for this Thursday?

marko358

Reaction score
I'm just rooting for a very hard-nosed game from both teams, with guys getting knocked around and getting banged up. We win either way no matter who comes out on top. I just want both of them to be limping into the stretch run with extra bumps and bruises.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Is this a serious question? We vote for whatever team is against Arizona until the moment they are no longer in our way to the Superbowl. And just because of Arians* likely until he is gone.

We have a wildcard locked up just by winning so now the deal is....Minnesota winning their division so Green Bay and Lambaeu is a non factor. And Arizona losing 2 games so that our matchup in Glendale is for the division and not some meaningless walk through.

*That guy is an elite coach unlike Fisher.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Another reason to root for the Vikings is so that Green Bay gets the 6 seed. It's possible for the Packers to win a couple games in the playoffs and when the Seahawks win their way into the NFC Championship game, it becomes a home game.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Cartire":2wqhv4sq said:
nategreat":2wqhv4sq said:
Cartire":2wqhv4sq said:
Thursdays the last day to root against AZ. If Minny loses, we cant win the division. After that, we want GB to lose no matter what.

If Vikes win, GO GB!!!!!

We could actually still win the division if Arizona wins, FYI. They'd have to lose their next two to Philly and Green Bay, but it's not off the table quite yet.

From every calculator Ive done, that is incorrect. In a tie at 11-5 (the most we can get), AZ wins the tie-breaker unless they lose to both Vikes and GB. If they beat the vikings, the worst they can do it 11-5. And they would own the tiebreaker.

IF someone else has updated information (possibly cowboys win out increasing our SOV) please correct me.

We need the Cards to lose to the Vikes, the Pack or Eagles and then the Hawks to end the season. A win or loss to either the Eagles or the Pack makes no difference, the division goes to the Hawks. If the Cards beat the Vikes the division is theirs regardless of how the rest of the season plays out. Go Vikings!!!

SeaWolv

Reaction score
12thbrah":s04a2zsb said:
Either way we win!

At this point would rather have Minny lose so we can get the #5 seed and play the donkey NFC East champs

Yeah but if they lose to the Vikes and then drop one more then the Hawks go to Glendale with the division on the line.

Cartire

Reaction score
SeaWolv":1bh8pzjn said:
Cartire":1bh8pzjn said:
nategreat":1bh8pzjn said:
Cartire":1bh8pzjn said:
Thursdays the last day to root against AZ. If Minny loses, we cant win the division. After that, we want GB to lose no matter what.

If Vikes win, GO GB!!!!!

We could actually still win the division if Arizona wins, FYI. They'd have to lose their next two to Philly and Green Bay, but it's not off the table quite yet.

From every calculator Ive done, that is incorrect. In a tie at 11-5 (the most we can get), AZ wins the tie-breaker unless they lose to both Vikes and GB. If they beat the vikings, the worst they can do it 11-5. And they would own the tiebreaker.

IF someone else has updated information (possibly cowboys win out increasing our SOV) please correct me.

We need the Cards to lose to the Vikes, the Pack or Eagles and then the Hawks to end the season. A win or loss to either the Eagles or the Pack makes no difference, the division goes to the Hawks. If the Cards beat the Vikes the division is theirs regardless of how the rest of the season plays out. Go Vikings!!!

Polaris (sp?) covered it in another thread. While the chances of taking the division are like 3% or something if the vikes lose, its still possible. Assuming we win out and AZ loses to GB and Eagles (a must if they beat the Vikes) we could still get in on SOV tie-breaker if Stealers/Cowboys win most the remaining games and Cinncinatti and NO lose most.

raisethe3

Reaction score
I am rooting for Vikings. I want a home playoff game!

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Vikings all the way as we still have that slim chance for the NFC West Championship. Hell even if it wasn't for the chance for that I would root for Minny just to knock the Cards down a notch and to avoid to much momentum going their way into the playoffs.

Polaris

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":cxl2494i said:
idahohawk":cxl2494i said:
The Vikings aren't beating the Cards.

havent you noticed a theme the entire season. The wrong teams keep winning

Not always. Even when Seattle was in the dregs earlier this season, they beat teams they were supposed to (admittedly perhaps closer than it should have been), but Seattle faced a poor Chicago, Detroit, 2xSan Fran, and a Romo-less Dallas team, and beat them. Where Seattle had problems earlier in the season was beating the good teams (and even then it was more FINISHING games that you had control of).

Likewise, Arizona has been good at beating the teams they should beat even when they didn't play particularly well (such as that last game against the Niners). The only flaw was Arizona's loss to Pitts w/o Big Ben.

This is why while I'll be rooting for the Vikings, I don't give them a snowball's chance in Hades. Say what you like about the Cardinals this year, but they beat the teams they are supposed to beat, and the Vikings right now qualify esp now that Seattle has not only exposed them but pre-tenderized them on a short week.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
No chance Minny pulls this one out.. to the OP I'm rooting for them anyway.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'd say the Vikings have a chance it's not good but they are playing for something and cannot afford a loss.The Cards are too but they have breathing room at the moment.

Cartire

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3s6hjybv said:
I'd say the Vikings have a chance it's not good but they are playing for something and cannot afford a loss.The Cards are too but they have breathing room at the moment.

After watching the coverage all week, this game reeks of trap. AZ comes out on a Thursday over-confident and makes mental mistakes. Any given.... Thursday.

Rob12

Reaction score
Wanted the Cardinals to win. Honestly, the fans that are holding out hope for the West crown are grasping at straws that just aren't there.

A Vikings win would have put us uncomfortably far away from the No. 5 seed. The division hasn't been ours ever since that fourth quarter collapse against the Panthers. I want the easiest path to the Owl as possible, and the Vikings winning tonight wouldn't have helped that. At all.

Guess I'm less of a fan for wanting the Cardinals to win, but whatever. I have my own ideas on how the Seahawks make the playoffs and go on the road to run the whole damn table to get to 50.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rob12":otawqd8q said:
Wanted the Cardinals to win. Honestly, the fans that are holding out hope for the West crown are grasping at straws that just aren't there.

A Vikings win would have put us uncomfortably far away from the No. 5 seed. The division hasn't been ours ever since that fourth quarter collapse against the Panthers. I want the easiest path to the Owl as possible, and the Vikings winning tonight wouldn't have helped that. At all.

Guess I'm less of a fan for wanting the Cardinals to win, but whatever. I have my own ideas on how the Seahawks make the playoffs and go on the road to run the whole damn table to get to 50.

I was hoping the Vikings would win their division and Seattle would get the fifth seed with Green Bay securing the sixth. Then, miraculously, the Packers and Seahawks would win out and meet in the NFC Championship game IN SEATTLE. That would be nice and there is still a chance of it happening.

Latest posts