Who Do YOU Blame The Most For a 5-5 Start?

Who Do YOU Blame The Most For a 5-5 Start?

• Kam Chancellor

Votes: 34 21.3%
  • The Bevell Factor

Votes: 28 17.5%
  • XLIX Final Play

Votes: 21 13.1%
  • Wilson Distraction

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Lack of OL Focus

Votes: 40 25.0%
  • Other (Read my comments)

Votes: 29 18.1%

• Total voters

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tie between O-line and Kam for me.
Tical's point about drafting is a good one. My only argument with you is that it's on John AND Pete, not just John.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2xovcab7 said:
I think the reality is "all of the above" plus a few other things as well. Trying to find one reason seems a bit facile to me.

The other issue to me is it has been those different reasons at different times of the season. There always seems to be a weakness.
I concur. I suppose that I put my biggest share of the blame on our poor 4th quarter offense, so Russ/Bevell/Cable/OL all get to share the blame, but it is not just them. There have been many defensive gaffs and ST blunders at inopportune times to ignore. It is always "something", and it's maddening.

This is the most perplexing 5-5 team ever, but I remain hopeful. How cool would it be to win a SB after securing the final wild card? And even if this ends up being a bad season, I think we have very little rebuilding to do.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I blame Pete for giving us such high expectations. We are in the thick of a playoff race for crying out loud! We're better than the other teams currently in the wild card chase and we still have a chance at the division. How sweet will that victory be at Carolina?

Rob12

Reaction score
kearly":2774oe49 said:
It's not one thing and there are more than a few big slices in the blame pie. But my pick for the biggest slice would be Kam's holdout.

If all else had been the same, but Kam hadn't missed the first two games with his no-win holdout, Seattle is 6-4 right now (with an outside shot at 7-3), they are still alive in the division, and tied for the final wildcard spot. Kam did punch that ball out vs. Detroit which was enough to forgive him, though he probably would have done that without the holdout too.

Additionally, I think the cloud of his holdout going back to the preseason put things in motion for the mental toughness and communication issues in the secondary that have remained problems all season. I don't blame Kam 100% for ALL of these problems- Sherman, Williams, Richard, and PC/JS deserve some raspberries as well- but I do think the biggest problem of the 2015 season is no longer the OL but the inability of the secondary to close out games, and I think Kam's holdout caused the LOB to lose its mental edge.

I know it sounds like sports talk drivel, but cohesiveness and chemistry do matter in football. When the team lost its way in 2014 it was none other than Kam who got the team back to playing for each other. So when you take the team's most vital unselfish player and turn him into the most destructively selfish player, it's going to reverberate for a while.

Great post. I don't know if people realize how big his holdout was. When you think of the Seahawks, you think of the Beast on offense and Kam on defense. He was a leader on this team. It's not that I care what Ray Lewis thinks, but he said that Kam was messing with a legacy. To have a team leader do that sends the wrong message to everyone else.

His holdout was devastating. If he was a Pat, he'd be unhappy in Cleveland by now. And if he wants to get cute in the offseason and continue this charade, I honestly hope Pete ships him out. There's no room or time for this and Kam hasn't earned a raise with his play in 2015 while willingly missing two huge games. A 2016 Seahawks team without Kam won't bother me in the least. I'd take a first or second rounder for him at this point. I question what he has left in the tank as a truly elite defender.

Rob12

Reaction score
Anthony!":34py8jrt said:
I agreed with all the experts the Oline followed by OC

I don't. The defense has had a much bigger impact this season, and I'm officially off of the Fire Bevell train. This defense gets absolutely shredded when they play a top 15 offense.

Jimmy Clausen
Matt Stafford
Colin Kaepernick
Matt Cassel
Blaine Gabbert

Those are the five opposing QB's during our wins. That's vomit inducing.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Diezel Dawg":s9mfw4rf said:
seahawkfreak":s9mfw4rf said:
The Sounders. If it's one thing, it's them not letting us paint our end zone blue
Bingo!!!!!!

I'm up for blaming soccer...and Kam. Soccer and Kam. They deserve each other. He probably likes the unpainted end zones.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Rob12":14ahxye0 said:
Anthony!":14ahxye0 said:
I agreed with all the experts the Oline followed by OC

I don't. The defense has had a much bigger impact this season, and I'm officially off of the Fire Bevell train. This defense gets absolutely shredded when they play a top 15 offense.

Jimmy Clausen
Matt Stafford
Colin Kaepernick
Matt Cassel
Blaine Gabbert

Those are the five opposing QB's during our wins. That's vomit inducing.

It is a train??? I thought it was a wagon...being pulled by a kid. I have been waiting and watching for the wagon to go by so I could jump on...and it never did...dammit. :mrgreen: :twisted: :stirthepot:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hurt feelings and lack of respect for the guy who made the worst play call in the history of the franchise (if not the NFL) who has watched others take responsibility and thrown others under the bus and refuses to shoulder ANY blame. That is why the team hasn't played up to their potential this season.

Subzero717

Reaction score
rideaducati":2t81oek4 said:
Hurt feelings and lack of respect for the guy who made the worst play call in the history of the franchise (if not the NFL) who has watched others take responsibility and thrown others under the bus and refuses to shoulder ANY blame. That is why the team hasn't played up to their potential this season.
Rewatch the Denver game last year.

tom95

Reaction score
I blame the front office for not taking care of the O line. Regardless of anything else if the O line was sound the defense would not have been on the field all the time and not been worn out in the 4th quarter failures. Just my 2 cents. Also on another note the lack of an ability to cover the TE has become a major weakness. Go Hawks!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Other, as in: all of the above.

I don't think it's any one thing. OL was atrocious at the beginning of the season, but the defense was out of sorts because of the Kam situation.

Bevell hasn't done us any favors and coupled with Wilson has taken Graham out of the game plan, Wilson has regressed, and I think it all adds up a bit.

I'd also like to throw in that Richard being a first year DC is effecting things as well. I think Quinn or even Bradley keeps the defense together a bit better during the Kam situation.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I can't put all the blame on Kam, but I truly believe that his holding out upset the mojo on and off the field.

Latest posts