Who do you want to win between CAR & SF?

Who do you want to win between CAR & SF?

• San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • Carolina Panthers

Votes: 76 63.9%

• Total voters

hawker84

Reaction score
Do we have a Colts fan on here, da fuq? Welcome...

anyhoo, i don't want to see the niners stinky team anywhere near CLink unless we have to, their offense is much more potent than Carolina's, i'll take facing Carolina's front 7 all day, doesn't matter, Carolina wouldn't score either.

ColtsGuy

Reaction score
hawker84":1a06dr01 said:

anyhoo, i don't want to see the niners stinky team anywhere near CLink unless we have to, their offense is much more potent than Carolina's, i'll take facing Carolina's front 7 all day, doesn't matter, Carolina wouldn't score either.

I think a Hawks/Panther game would be fun to watch.

Ive been here for awhile, I just dont post much.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":yn8w936d said:
I'd rather see Carolina I hate seeing a division rival three times in a year. It's like playing Russian roulette, very stupid and no upside compared to the other option.

Besides I hate the 49ers and just want them to lose by whatever way possible.
you've picked the 49ers to lose the past 5 weeks, so this is a great oman

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Sorry, can't want the sorority whiners to win anything, they are paaaaathetic!!

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":1y9hplgp said:
KCHawkGirl":1y9hplgp said:
I'd rather see Carolina I hate seeing a division rival three times in a year. It's like playing Russian roulette, very stupid and no upside compared to the other option.

Besides I hate the 49ers and just want them to lose by whatever way possible.
you've picked the 49ers to lose the past 5 weeks, so this is a great oman

Urban dictionary definition #5

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
lukerguy":s1laenr0 said:
Thanks to the power-trip mod who killed this thread. It was dripping with seahawks content given match-up related talk...

You're welcome and no it wasn't. I moved it for a reason.

nategreat

Reaction score
I think CAR and SF would be a similar matchup. In other words, I think the teams are very alike, and therefore the result would be the same, whoever we play. With that said, I wanted the Niners to lose to Green Bay last week. They didn't, and so here we are, in the divisional round. I say, let them win one more game- so that we can break their hearts in the NFC Championship, at home, in front of the 12th man! It would be a crushing a loss for them. To get so close, but have it taken away.... from none other than US! :th2thumbs:

Seahawkx

Reaction score
I prefer the 49ers here.. watching their last three games, I haven't been impressed. They are good, but these last games came down to three lucky drives at the end. The lucky INT against the Falcons, the lucky Patton catch vs the Cardinals, the dropped sure handed INT by the Packers on that last drive.

If not for these 3 plays, they wouldnt probably be in the playoffs, forget about the divisional/conference games. Simple formula to beating them: stop Gore and guard Crabtree.. thats it.. thats what the Seahawks do at thw Clink and the results is always a blowout. IT would be no different this time.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd rather play the 49ers.

We know Kaepernick can be rattled in Seattle. We don't know that about Newton (though there are plenty of detractors who think he'd fold in the noise). The Panthers have a MUCH better front 7 than SF does, and that's given us fits this year.

And for as familiar with us as SF is, we're just as familiar with them.

hawker84

Reaction score
ColtsGuy":24s9s6po said:
hawker84":24s9s6po said:

I think a Hawks/Panther game would be fun to watch.

Ive been here for awhile, I just dont post much.

right on, very cool.. Good luck in NE.

13thMan

Reaction score
I don't want anything to do with the 49ers... please by some small miracle, make it Carolina! Seriously, the way our offense has struggled and given we're 2-2 in our last 4 games vs. SF who is riding a 7 game win streak... who in their right mind wants to face those guys? No thanks.

Having said all that, I don't think this upcoming game is going to be a picnic... the Saints put on an impressive showing at Philly last week.

Largent80

Reaction score
9ers have sqeaked out wins their last few games. GB's defense is BAD, REAL bad. Yet they needed a last second field goal to win. A win is a win but sooner or later you run out of wishes on the magic lamp.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Thank god for home field advantage.

I would rather see the Panthers. Being Cams first time with the 12s, and not being as playoff tested as the Niners. I think he would fold easier than San Fran.

Thank god for home field advantage.

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
I want to see the two biggest gorillas fight.

Seattle versus San Francisco, baby. #NFCBest

rjdriver

Reaction score
Like most, I prefer to see the Niners lose. I don't think the Panthers are ready for the Clink due to their unfamiliarity and inexperience , and see this matchup as less risky than the Niners (although both are risky). Also, I don't even want the Niners to have a chance to win the Super Bowl. The sooner that ends the better.

That being said, I don't think it's going to be as close as some think. The score might be, but I anticipate the Panthers are going to struggle to score. I know Car won in SF earlier this year, but the Niners are much improved.

In that game:
1. Crabtree was out, the guy that really stretches the field.
2. Davis left early with a concussion
3. Aldon Smith only played 12 snaps after returning from treatment.

I think these variables add up to a lot more than the one point they lost by or the four points they lost by when including the HFA which is usually worth about three points.

I hate saying it, but with Steve Smith banged up, I see Riverboat Ron being out coached and the Niners prevailing 24-17

I hope I'm wrong.

13thMan

Reaction score
rjdriver":3mxv8sqz said:
Like most, I prefer to see the Niners lose. I don't think the Panthers are ready for the Clink due to their unfamiliarity and inexperience , and see this matchup as less risky than the Niners (although both are risky). Also, I don't even want the Niners to have a chance to win the Super Bowl. The sooner that ends the better.

That being said, I don't think it's going to be as close as some think. The score might be, but I anticipate the Panthers are going to struggle to score. I know Car won in SF earlier this year, but the Niners are much improved.

In that game:

I think these variables add up to a lot more than the one point they lost by or the four points they lost by when including the HFA which is usually worth about three points.

I hate saying it, but with Steve Smith banged up, I see Riverboat Ron being out coached and the Niners prevailing 24-17

I hope I'm wrong.

I've been trying to convince myself that Carolina can win this game also... At the end of the day though, I just don't see it... Actually, this feels like a foregone conclusion... I will still watch and hope. I would MUCH rather see Carolina in the NFCCG, particularly after a slugfest they have to endure vs. the Niners. But yeah, I won't be holding my breath... The Niners are a better team top to bottom and they are on fire...

volsunghawk

Reaction score
13thMan":vqt8pchf said:
rjdriver":vqt8pchf said:

In that game:

I hope I'm wrong.

I've been trying to convince myself that Carolina can win this game also... At the end of the day though, I just don't see it... Actually, this feels like a foregone conclusion... I will still watch and hope. I would MUCH rather see Carolina in the NFCCG, particularly after a slugfest they have to endure vs. the Niners. But yeah, I won't be holding my breath... The Niners are a better team top to bottom and they are on fire...

Carolina's front seven is flat out BETTER than San Francisco's front seven. It just is.

Carolina led the league in sacks this year.

The characteristics that give our offense fits? Carolina trumps SF in those things.

As for being "on fire," you do realize that Carolina's won 11 of its last 12 games, right? :|

13thMan

Reaction score
volsunghawk":xl85914d said:
13thMan":xl85914d said:
rjdriver":xl85914d said:

In that game:

I hope I'm wrong.

Carolina's front seven is flat out BETTER than San Francisco's front seven. It just is.

The characteristics that give our offense fits? Carolina trumps SF in those things.

As for being "on fire," you do realize that Carolina's won 11 of its last 12 games, right? :|

I would say that if Carolina's front seven is 1, then San Francisco's is probably 1A... You aren't going to convince me that the difference between the two is the grand canyon... you're kidding yourself if you really think that. Consider this: SF didn't allow a 100 yd. rusher all season... Couple this with the fact that SF's secondary is considerably better than Carolina's...

And then, on top of all that, as other's have pointed out, the SF offense this time around isn't a one legged dog.

Still, will be hopelessly rooting for the upset....

EDIT: On fire = Longest current win streak in the league.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
13thMan":1c5nldwm said:
volsunghawk":1c5nldwm said:
13thMan":1c5nldwm said:

I would say that if Carolina's front seven is 1, then San Francisco's is probably 1A... You aren't going to convince me that the difference between the two is the grand canyon... you're kidding yourself if you really think that. Consider this: SF didn't allow a 100 yd. rusher all season... Couple this with the fact that SF's secondary is considerably better than Carolina's...

And then, on top of all that, as other's have pointed out, the SF offense this time around isn't a one legged dog.

Carolina has allowed ONE 100 yd rusher this season, way back in Week 2. Spiller got 103. No one else did.

And SF's secondary is nothing to write home about. If it's better than Carolina's, then the gap is similar to what you claim about the front sevens.

Offensively, both teams are comparable, too. The only places where I think SF has a clear advantage over Carolina at all is in coaching and at the TE position. In all other aspects, they're essentially even or Carolina is better.

SF may have the longest win streak, but Carolina's been hotter for longer. Their only loss in the last 3 months was to New Orleans in the Superdome, where the Saints were undefeated this year. No team in the NFL - us and SF included - have a better record in the last 12 games.

No team right now scares me more than Carolina. We've handled SF in Seattle twice before, and I'm confident we'd do it again. We can't say the same about how Newton and the Panthers would react to the 12s. We barely beat them last season, and we were damn lucky to play them in Carolina when we did this season (Week 1, before their coach scrapped a lot of his conservative tendencies and started relying on the talent on his team). Carolina's the 2 seed for a reason.

13thMan

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1h09emsp said:
13thMan":1h09emsp said:
volsunghawk":1h09emsp said:
13thMan":1h09emsp said:

Carolina has allowed ONE 100 yd rusher this season, way back in Week 2. Spiller got 103. No one else did.

And SF's secondary is nothing to write home about. If it's better than Carolina's, then the gap is similar to what you claim about the front sevens.

Offensively, both teams are comparable, too. The only places where I think SF has a clear advantage over Carolina at all is in coaching and at the TE position. In all other aspects, they're essentially even or Carolina is better.

SF may have the longest win streak, but Carolina's been hotter for longer. Their only loss in the last 3 months was to New Orleans in the Superdome, where the Saints were undefeated this year. No team in the NFL - us and SF included - have a better record in the last 12 games.

No team right now scares me more than Carolina. We've handled SF in Seattle twice before, and I'm confident we'd do it again. We can't say the same about how Newton and the Panthers would react to the 12s. We barely beat them last season, and we were damn lucky to play them in Carolina when we did this season (Week 1, before their coach scrapped a lot of his conservative tendencies and started relying on the talent on his team). Carolina's the 2 seed for a reason.

Say what you will but I'm not worried/concerned or otherwise where Carolina is concerned. I think they will be exposed this weekend to be honest. Hope I'm wrong because I would much rather play them... Where is their offense going to come from??? A gimpy Steve Smith? Tedd Ginn??? Seriously... If you compare the Niners offense to the Panthers offense, I think it's pretty clear that one is better by a significant margin, and the other is playing at home this weekend.

Latest posts