Who have the Bengals played this season?

blazen2392

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":2ydiua4y said:
blazen2392":2ydiua4y said:
LoneHawkFan":2ydiua4y said:
My most productive parts of the day occurs at two different times: when I need to be mentally focused for work, my peak productivity is absolutely the 10-12 am timeframe.

The other most productive part of my day is the two hours immediately following a nice, brisk workout.

Why would 10 am be different from 1 pm assuming both are road games? Just wondering.

Who knows. Why do teams play better at home? my guess would be moving three hours forward slightly screws with your mind and your body, Just enough to make you a step slower, or make that one mental mistake to blow the game for you.

People also forgot how huge of an advantage a longer week is. Better rested with an extra day of preparations.

Moving TWO hours forward puts your mind in it's prime focus time.

The point is that most of our road games every year involve the two hour deal, so naturally of course we lose more 10 am games. That's 3rd grade math. ALL road games are harder...most likely has very little to do w 10 am.

I agree absolutely about going Monday to Sunday though, that one day less probably makes a bit more of a difference than 10 am.

I don't know. We've played well on the road before, but our absolute worst road performances have been at 10 am. There is a trend there. Since russell was drafted do you remember a 10 AM road game we have actually played will in?

HawkGA

Reaction score
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kj3ApD8uds>[/youtube]

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
blazen2392":x2z5tvek said:
LoneHawkFan":x2z5tvek said:
gotta love the 16-0 homerlolz crew. It's not like we are saying our season is over or we are giving up on our superbowl aspirations. Its one of those games that if we were to loose games this season, this one would be high up on the list. We can obviously beats them as its the NFL, but if i had to put money on it i would put it on the bengals. Same situation with greenbay, but situationally we are in a worse position to win this game than we were then.

Are you talking to me? Are you saying I'm a 16-0 homerlolz crew member?

no lol. Im talking to OP. Thought you where him/her.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm somewhere between the "don't worry we'll pull this out just like the last two years I trust Pete" and "is the window closing"...probably on the optimistic side of the center.

I'd like to think this year is no different than the last two or three where we actually ended up overcoming our early season problems. The trenches are harder to overcome though, especially the OLine side. I'm hopeful we can figure it out. It's obviously a much bigger issue than playing the game at 10 am.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
blazen2392":86nm44xd said:
LoneHawkFan":86nm44xd said:
blazen2392":86nm44xd said:
LoneHawkFan":86nm44xd said:
My most productive parts of the day occurs at two different times: when I need to be mentally focused for work, my peak productivity is absolutely the 10-12 am timeframe.

The other most productive part of my day is the two hours immediately following a nice, brisk workout.

Why would 10 am be different from 1 pm assuming both are road games? Just wondering.

Who knows. Why do teams play better at home? my guess would be moving three hours forward slightly screws with your mind and your body, Just enough to make you a step slower, or make that one mental mistake to blow the game for you.

People also forgot how huge of an advantage a longer week is. Better rested with an extra day of preparations.

The point is that most of our road games every year involve the two hour deal, so naturally of course we lose more 10 am games. That's 3rd grade math. ALL road games are harder...most likely has very little to do w 10 am.

I agree absolutely about going Monday to Sunday though, that one day less probably makes a bit more of a difference than 10 am.

I don't know. We've played well on the road before, but our absolute worst road performances have been at 10 am. There is a trend there. Since russell was drafted do you remember a 10 AM road game we have actually played will in?

I thought we played well enough to win all three we played last year. A few trick plays by StL did us in, and a late TD at KC after entering the 4th with a lead. We beat Carolina.

In 2013 we shut out the New York football Giants in that slot, also rolled the ATL, also won at Carolina and at Houston.

It isn't a trend dude, it's closer to a myth...one that gets exacerbated every time we lose a game east of the Rockies. The better we are as a team, the better we do in all scenarios. It's really as simple as that. It just becomes an excuse when we need it to be.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3u7pefw6 said:
Probably played some NFL teams.
Ppl are taking this thread out of context. I know who they played im just trying to say not impressed with thier 4-0 record and they will lose....

and what is the 16-0 homerlolzcrew?

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
2Cool4School":3v1g84dp said:
vin.couve12":3v1g84dp said:
Ppl are taking this thread out of context. I know who they played im just trying to say not impressed with thier 4-0 record and they will lose....

I was wondering that myself.

The Bengals have performed at a higher level than the Seahawks as a team I don't care who they played…all teams in the NFL are stout and any win is a good win; we play them on the road. We need massive improvement on the offensive side of the ball in order to win this game.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
2Cool4School":3bdneg0g said:
vin.couve12":3bdneg0g said:

Was just joking really, but hell if I know what the whozawhatsitcrew is...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":20uuag1r said:
They've played OAK, SD, BAL, and KC. You're welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In otherwords, nobody above average at best. Unless San Diego decides to show up. Oakland is still a year away, Baltimore is a serious mess because they can't run the ball, and Kansas City is a typical Andy Reid team.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
The hawks are only 1 point dogs, on the road for a reason.

The two teams havent changed much from last year, and last year we were the better team.

Winning on the road in the NFL is tough, and the Bengals are a good team, but the people throwing in the towel for a possible blowout this weekend are being ridiculous.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
blazen2392":2j935fgg said:
kpak76":2j935fgg said:
blazen2392":2j935fgg said:
personally eye test tells me they are the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFL.

We Just have too much going against us for people to have faith in us winning this game. 10 AM, short week, away game.Kryptonite for a hawks even with a DECENT oline.

We've never been blown out so i don't expect that. We will definitely keep it close, but as it stands, the bengals right now are a better team with a better situation to win.

Why is everyone so jacked up about the 10AM start time? This is a new era with Carroll and that has not been a problem at all. This narrative about a start time effecting everyone is so silly.

It even JUST HAPPENED RECENTLY. we lost to the rams! It has most definitely been a HUGE problem for us. Everything is just worse for us at 10 AM. Tackling, blocking, mental mistakes.

Remind me of the last 10 AM game we got up to play?
We have issues with the Rams no matter the time or location try again. Cincinnati is good especially at home. Basically the line is spot on. So the question is do you believe in us or Cincinnati making more off schedule plays? Or quite simply who do you pick in a pressure packed situation in an important game, Dalton or Wilson?

blazen2392

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":20hb9ns4 said:
blazen2392":20hb9ns4 said:
kpak76":20hb9ns4 said:
blazen2392":20hb9ns4 said:
personally eye test tells me they are the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFL.

We Just have too much going against us for people to have faith in us winning this game. 10 AM, short week, away game.Kryptonite for a hawks even with a DECENT oline.

We've never been blown out so i don't expect that. We will definitely keep it close, but as it stands, the bengals right now are a better team with a better situation to win.

Why is everyone so jacked up about the 10AM start time? This is a new era with Carroll and that has not been a problem at all. This narrative about a start time effecting everyone is so silly.

It even JUST HAPPENED RECENTLY. we lost to the rams! It has most definitely been a HUGE problem for us. Everything is just worse for us at 10 AM. Tackling, blocking, mental mistakes.

Remind me of the last 10 AM game we got up to play?
We have issues with the Rams no matter the time or location try again. Cincinnati is good especially at home. Basically the line is spot on. So the question is do you believe in us or Cincinnati making more off schedule plays? Or quite simply who do you pick in a pressure packed situation in an important game, Dalton or Wilson?

Not trying again. Its true and not in the mood to argue it. Our worst games have been at this time. Whether its a whole lot of smoke, there is enough of a correlation here for me to think we won't have a great game again at this time if we haven't a whole other lot of times. If we play lights out on Sunday ill come back here and eat my crow.

I don't want to turn this into a debate of which qb is better. Like i said i would put money on the bengals winning, not Dalton.
AJ green, a solid O line and one of the best 2 back sets in the NFL is enough to warrant that.

Take it however you want but I believe the Bengals are a better team right now on a neutral field. The flaw this team has is their secondary. Something we are incapable of taking advantage of right now. Right now Dalton is playing above the line, and it is possible he can regress to the mean when he is finally tested. Do I have faith our offense can show up and capitalize on it? What have the showed me in 4 games besides one quarter of football that could possibly make me think this? So yes I would pick Cincinnati in a pressure packed situation.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Cool. Don't be shocked if we win though. In fact I picked this game as a loss before the season began but after seeing both teams I'm not just expecting it like before. We have the tools to win this game and stop Cincinnati dead in their tracks. If it doesn't happen it won't be shocking though. I'm just saying start times will have little to nothing to do with it. We already proved that in St. Louis and last year. We'll come to play no worries.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Why is everyone so jacked up about the 10AM start time? This is a new era with Carroll and that has not been a problem at all. This narrative about a start time effecting everyone is so silly.[/quote]

Remind me of the last 10 AM game we got up to play?[/quote]
We have issues with the Rams no matter the time or location try again. Cincinnati is good especially at home. Basically the line is spot on. So the question is do you believe in us or Cincinnati making more off schedule plays? Or quite simply who do you pick in a pressure packed situation in an important game, Dalton or Wilson?[/quote]

Not trying again. Its true and not in the mood to argue it. Our worst games have been at this time. Whether its a whole lot of smoke, there is enough of a correlation here for me to think we won't have a great game again at this time if we haven't a whole other lot of times. If we play lights out on Sunday ill come back here and eat my crow.

I don't want to turn this into a debate of which qb is better. Like i said i would put money on the bengals winning, not Dalton.
AJ green, a solid O line and one of the best 2 back sets in the NFL is enough to warrant that.

Take it however you want but I believe the Bengals are a better team right now on a neutral field. The flaw this team has is their secondary. Something we are incapable of taking advantage of right now. Right now Dalton is playing above the line, and it is possible he can regress to the mean when he is finally tested. Do I have faith our offense can show up and capitalize on it? What have the showed me in 4 games besides one quarter of football that could possibly make me think this? So yes I would pick Cincinnati in a pressure packed situation.[/quote]

The opening spread being -1 shows that the oddsmakers disagree with your assessment that the Bengals are the better team on a neutral field.

Some of us are viewing the Seahawks with too much emotion and angst.

Vegas knows the hawks sport one of the top rosters in football, understand why we dropped two early games, and know we will be just fine.

Wish our fans would learn from last year and do the same.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hawkpower":206tzy6k said:
The hawks are only 1 point dogs, on the road for a reason.

The two teams havent changed much from last year, and last year we were the better team.

Winning on the road in the NFL is tough, and the Bengals are a good team, but the people throwing in the towel for a possible blowout this weekend are being ridiculous.

Exactly. I see this as a potential nailbiter we lose, but for all we know, it could be a blowout 'Hawks win. We tend to play a lot better against better teams and a lot worse against worse teams. This works in the Seahawks' favor this week. Bengals haven't exactly played powerhouses this year so far, and we've been in all four games so far. Arguably we could have won all four, and probably should have won at least three. And that's without Kam Chancellor, a fact which most people would agree could well have turned both losses into wins for us.

Sure, it's a 10 AM game on the road against a very good 4-0 Cincinnati team. But I think this time rather than "any given Sunday", it's "don't bet the house on that one point home advantage".

scutterhawk

Reaction score
2Cool4School":psczhsz0 said:
If hawks had the same schedule as the bengals they would also be 4-0. I dont think the bengals are as good as they seem. what might happen is they will start playing too overconfident against the LOB with thier 4-0 record and turnovers will happen and hawks win, they havent seen a defense like this in a while
In awhile?, how about never.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
blazen2392":y0ukxsks said:
LoneHawkFan":y0ukxsks said:
2Cool4School":y0ukxsks said:
If hawks had the same schedule as the bengals they would also be 4-0. I dont think the bengals are as good as they seem. what might happen is they will start playing too overconfident against the LOB with thier 4-0 record and turnovers will happen and hawks win, they havent seen a defense like this in a while

Two of those teams handed us defeats last season and we have probably regressed slightly.

So who is overconfident again?

gotta love the 16-0 homerlolz crew. It's not like we are saying our season is over or we are giving up on our superbowl aspirations. Its one of those games that if we were to loose games this season, this one would be high up on the list. We can obviously beats them as its the NFL, but if i had to put money on it i would put it on the bengals. Same situation with greenbay, but situationally we are in a worse position to win this game than we were then.
Situationally?? Are you suggesting that Andy Dalton is better than Aaron Rodgers?
Are you also saying that having Kam Chancellor back in the Seahawks Secondary is a detriment? :roll:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
blazen2392":21cazb0g said:
LoneHawkFan":21cazb0g said:
blazen2392":21cazb0g said:
LoneHawkFan":21cazb0g said:

I absolutely do.......The Giants

Rob12

Reaction score
In my head, I'm expecting a loss. This game is a recipe for that. But even with money on the line at work, I couldn't pick against us.

Anything can happen.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
scutterhawk":2hj9ppe4 said:
blazen2392":2hj9ppe4 said:
I absolutely do.......The Giants

Point in fact, we left a ton of points and missed opportunities on the board that game. Yes, it was a shutout and we won convincingly, but it could easily have been a 50-0 shellacking if we'd executed like we could have.