Who have the Bengals played this season?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Who have the Seahawks beaten? Arguably 2 of the worst teams in the league. Not sure I want to start comparing resumes at this point.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Seattle has played like the crappy teams you are trying argue against. They are currently a crappy team.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":13ymmvl2 said:
SeahawksFanForever":13ymmvl2 said:
Who did we beat this year? Bears & Lions.

We hung with the Rams and Packers just fine.

Last time I checked, you don't get anything for almost wins.

This thread is bad, just proves nothing.

idahawks

Reaction score
blazen2392":1zgza7jz said:
idahawks":1zgza7jz said:
This is a proving game for both teams. Cincy will prove they are worthy of their undefeated record if the win and secure a top 5 ranking. Seattle will prove they aren't what they were last year and their season is in trouble if they lose.

If Seattle wins it will prove the yare a top 5 team and are getting back to where they were last year. If Cincy loses they will prove that their first 4 games were soft and they aren't in the top 5.

Honestly I don't even think we need to win this game to prove we are a top 5 team. If we loose, we are a top 5 team that lost to another top 5 team. Until we start dropping games we have no business loosing, then we can hit the panic button. Loosing to the lions would have changed everything for me tbh.

Like St. Louis? We've already shown we are not a top 5 team. If we lose again there will be no doubt.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":39pqsttx said:
MontanaHawk05":39pqsttx said:
SeahawksFanForever":39pqsttx said:

Since what we're really talking about is prognosticating the rest of the season for the Seahawks (that's what's at the bottom of nearly every thread, really), then there's a legitimate difference between getting blown out by the Packers and losing on a fourth-quarter play.

If the question is, "Are we a playoff-viable team", then our performance has a place amongst the factors even if we didn't win.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1br7vcud said:
Hawk-Lock":1br7vcud said:
MontanaHawk05":1br7vcud said:
SeahawksFanForever":1br7vcud said:

Since what we're really talking about is prognosticating the rest of the season for the Seahawks (that's what's at the bottom of nearly every thread, really), then there's a legitimate difference between getting blown out by the Packers and losing on a fourth-quarter play.

If the question is, "Are we a playoff-viable team", then our performance has a place amongst the factors even if we didn't win.

No matter how you cut it, the Rams loss was a "bad loss." I'd be surprised if they won more 7 or 8 games this year. We hung with the Pack, but bottom line is we lost that game by double digits. Yes it was close, but it's not like that game went down to the final minutes.

Hawks46

Reaction score
2Cool4School":3g4vj63k said:
If hawks had the same schedule as the bengals they would also be 4-0. I dont think the bengals are as good as they seem. what might happen is they will start playing too overconfident against the LOB with thier 4-0 record and turnovers will happen and hawks win, they havent seen a defense like this in a while

It's possible that the Bengals' good record and overwhelmingly good stats are due to poor competition, although the Ravens are a divisional opponent and that division plays each other pretty tough.

That said, the Seahawks look pretty bad on offense right now and I'm not sure how they're even going to score 10 points. Then you add up all the injuries and the Bengals are more than good enough to beat us.

blazen2392

Reaction score
idahawks":3f3loph7 said:
blazen2392":3f3loph7 said:
idahawks":3f3loph7 said:
This is a proving game for both teams. Cincy will prove they are worthy of their undefeated record if the win and secure a top 5 ranking. Seattle will prove they aren't what they were last year and their season is in trouble if they lose.

If Seattle wins it will prove the yare a top 5 team and are getting back to where they were last year. If Cincy loses they will prove that their first 4 games were soft and they aren't in the top 5.

Honestly I don't even think we need to win this game to prove we are a top 5 team. If we loose, we are a top 5 team that lost to another top 5 team. Until we start dropping games we have no business loosing, then we can hit the panic button. Loosing to the lions would have changed everything for me tbh.

Like St. Louis? We've already shown we are not a top 5 team. If we lose again there will be no doubt.

Tough division rival, with arguably the leagues best defense, that just beat another top 5 team. Rams are a 12-4 team with consistent QB play.

blazen2392

Reaction score
Hawks46":2nv1ipio said:
2Cool4School":2nv1ipio said:
If hawks had the same schedule as the bengals they would also be 4-0. I dont think the bengals are as good as they seem. what might happen is they will start playing too overconfident against the LOB with thier 4-0 record and turnovers will happen and hawks win, they havent seen a defense like this in a while

It's possible that the Bengals' good record and overwhelmingly good stats are due to poor competition, although the Ravens are a divisional opponent and that division plays each other pretty tough.

That said, the Seahawks look pretty bad on offense right now and I'm not sure how they're even going to score 10 points. Then you add up all the injuries and the Bengals are more than good enough to beat us.

That's true but good teams blow out lesser competition when they play them. It's the sign of a legitimate playoff contentor.
We haven't done that.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Is Cincy as good as GB? Nope. Is Dalton as good as Rodgers? Nope. Have they ever played against a defense this good? Nope. Have they ever tried to catch Russell Wilson? Nope.

Can our oline block? Nope.

Hawks gonna win this one. I predicted in the offseason prediction thread and I've picked every game right so far. Andy Dalton isn't going to ruin my perfect score. Arizona might, but not Andy Dalton.

drdiags

Reaction score
2Cool4School":1c1ten9s said:

Come on man, stop being a homer. Seahawks struggled with the Bears and if the Refs call that ST punt correctly the Bears are sitting in the Redzone with the chance to at least be sitting at 6-3 at halftime. Count the lucky stars the refs don't follow that asinine fumble rule or the Lions at the least have the chance at pushing the game to overtime..

I understand doing whatever it takes to psych yourself up but this seems like denial to me. I just hope you don't go postal if the team loses tomorrow.

RedAlice

Reaction score
2Cool4School":3pkm2adm said:
Seen alot of people worried and the bengals game and saying things like "they are going to blow is out" etc. They have been playing well but not against the toughest teams out there so the bengals 4-0 record isnt that impressive when you look at it. They havent played teams like the packers or broncos or even the panthers. Hawks will be the best defense they have faced all year so far.

To your Seahawk advantage: Cards had not played a good defense until last week. You know how that went.

So, if you rate Hawks D above their other opponents: well, then you have something. I don't.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
drdiags":4mtaxyc6 said:
2Cool4School":4mtaxyc6 said:

Come on man, stop being a homer. Seahawks struggled with the Bears and if the Refs call that ST punt correctly the Bears are sitting in the Redzone with the chance to at least be sitting at 6-3 at halftime. Count the lucky stars the refs don't follow that asinine fumble rule or the Lions at the least have the chance at pushing the game to overtime..

I understand doing whatever it takes to psych yourself up but this seems like denial to me. I just hope you don't go postal if the team loses tomorrow.

I do agree offense is playing badly right now. And bengals are playing good, the point i was trying to make was that the seahawks defense will be the best the bengals have faced this year so far. Hawks can lose this game , im just trying to say its a closer game than some ppl think.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
2Cool4School":2sh8adv8 said:
vin.couve12":2sh8adv8 said:
Probably played some NFL teams.
Ppl are taking this thread out of context. I know who they played im just trying to say not impressed with thier 4-0 record and they will lose....

and what is the 16-0 homerlolzcrew?

Same type of Hyperbole used for somebody argues against some of the hair-splitting negative critiques of Wilson. If one agrees that he holds the ball too long sometimes, but disagrees about whether he should trust an OL that pass blocks adequately on 1/10 of dropbacks, one gets a broadsword induction into the anti-negative Wilson critique police :mrgreen:

"Don't disagree with me, cuz I'll brush you off and slap a label on yer forehead...so there!"

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
2Cool4School":1o3h9sjv said:
drdiags":1o3h9sjv said:
2Cool4School":1o3h9sjv said:

I do agree offense is playing badly right now. And bengals are playing good, the point i was trying to make was that the seahawks defense will be the best the bengals have faced this year so far. Hawks can lose this game , im just trying to say its a closer game than some ppl think.

The Hawks need to:

1. Take care of the ball to have any chance. The two RW fumbles nearly gave the game to Detroit.
2. Generate some sort of offense, and least eat up some TOP to give the true strength of our team some rest.
3. Make no errors on ST, since this is also Cincinnati's strength. I have a feeling we won't enjoy very good field position in this game, but maybe Lockett will get lucky and break one loose for a TD. Hopefully Ryan's leg will continue to dig us out of holes, if our offense (read OL) continues to falter.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Well looks like they still haven't played anybody good.
;-)

thebanjodude

Reaction score
2Cool4School":3hsb6xlp said:
Told you guys turnovers would happen this game. GO HAWKS

Lol. An "I told you so" post before the game's even over. Nicely done.