Who have the Bengals played this season?

blazen2392

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3bxo23n4 said:
The hawks are only 1 point dogs, on the road for a reason.

The two teams havent changed much from last year, and last year we were the better team.

Winning on the road in the NFL is tough, and the Bengals are a good team, but the people throwing in the towel for a possible blowout this weekend are being ridiculous.

The public drove down that line. It didnt open at that. it opened as -3.

Like i said it was just my opinion.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
blazen2392":1j5jfeg0 said:
Hawkpower":1j5jfeg0 said:

The two teams havent changed much from last year, and last year we were the better team.

Winning on the road in the NFL is tough, and the Bengals are a good team, but the people throwing in the towel for a possible blowout this weekend are being ridiculous.

-3 is the given spread for the homefield advantage.

So the oddsmakers see these teams as a toss up currently.

Makes my point, thanks.

blazen2392

Reaction score
Why would 10 am be different from 1 pm assuming both are road games? Just wondering.[/quote]

Who knows. Why do teams play better at home? my guess would be moving three hours forward slightly screws with your mind and your body, Just enough to make you a step slower, or make that one mental mistake to blow the game for you.

People also forgot how huge of an advantage a longer week is. Better rested with an extra day of preparations.[/quote]

Moving TWO hours forward puts your mind in it's prime focus time.

The point is that most of our road games every year involve the two hour deal, so naturally of course we lose more 10 am games. That's 3rd grade math. ALL road games are harder...most likely has very little to do w 10 am.

I agree absolutely about going Monday to Sunday though, that one day less probably makes a bit more of a difference than 10 am.[/quote]

I don't know. We've played well on the road before, but our absolute worst road performances have been at 10 am. There is a trend there. Since russell was drafted do you remember a 10 AM road game we have actually played will in?[/quote]
I absolutely do.......The Giants[/quote]

We never played the Giants at 10 AM last year.
We played 3 10AM Games last year. We lost 2/3. The one we did win was an ugly 13-9 win against the panthers, a team which was almost as bad as the lions.

blazen2392

Reaction score
Hawkpower":po0y0vfj said:
blazen2392":po0y0vfj said:
Hawkpower":po0y0vfj said:

-3 is the given spread for the homefield advantage.

So the oddsmakers see these teams as a toss up currently.

Makes my point, thanks.

Lol you are just hearing what you want to hear. I said it was just my opinion. Is vegas infallible? I'm sure you remember the line they released for the broncos-seahawks superbowl.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Aren't most of our road games 10am games? Could just be a road thang. Every team does a bit worse on the road.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
StoneCold":3s0qd0iu said:
Aren't most of our road games 10am games? Could just be a road thang. Every team does a bit worse on the road.

We only have one more 10AM game on the sched, and thats in Minnesota in December.

idahawks

Reaction score
This is a proving game for both teams. Cincy will prove they are worthy of their undefeated record if the win and secure a top 5 ranking. Seattle will prove they aren't what they were last year and their season is in trouble if they lose.

If Seattle wins it will prove the yare a top 5 team and are getting back to where they were last year. If Cincy loses they will prove that their first 4 games were soft and they aren't in the top 5.

blazen2392

Reaction score
idahawks":2czymhs0 said:
This is a proving game for both teams. Cincy will prove they are worthy of their undefeated record if the win and secure a top 5 ranking. Seattle will prove they aren't what they were last year and their season is in trouble if they lose.

If Seattle wins it will prove the yare a top 5 team and are getting back to where they were last year. If Cincy loses they will prove that their first 4 games were soft and they aren't in the top 5.

Honestly I don't even think we need to win this game to prove we are a top 5 team. If we loose, we are a top 5 team that lost to another top 5 team. Until we start dropping games we have no business loosing, then we can hit the panic button. Loosing to the lions would have changed everything for me tbh.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Who have we played? The Rams look like your classic mediocre 7-8 win team. The Lions and Bears are arguably in the running for the #1 pick. Other than the Pack, we've really played no one. At least when Cinci beats these so called "weaker" teams they are blowing them out. We probably should have lost to Detroit.

IMO the Bengals have played the tougher schedule. I know KC is 1-3, but they're a quality team who has played arguably the hardest schedule to this point(KC has played DEN, HOU, GB and CIN). I know Baltimore ins't what they used to be, but beating a divisonal opponent like Baltimore on the road says a lot. We couldn't do that against STL in week 1. SD is a quality team that should be in the hunt for the wildcard. Oak is much improved, I could see them finishing close to .500.

They pass the eye test, trust me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You know team is struggling when you don't see a bunch of "we can't afford to be over confident" posts. Not that WE play for the team or anything :lol:

Skansi82

Reaction score
As far as the whole "they are going to blow us out" comments in other threads, fun fact: The last time the Hawks had a double digit loss was on November 6, 2011. Getting blown out is very unlikely, but I think we're definitely going to have to get some breaks/bounces to pull out a win.

VFO

Reaction score
2Cool4School":3vhr0cwq said:
Hawks will be the best defense they have faced all year so far.

No doubt, and this will likely be true for ALL Seahawks opponents in 2015!

Doesn't guarantee y'all a win, but it's the single biggest step in that direction.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
blazen2392":3rtkxzqe said:
Not trying again. Its true and not in the mood to argue it. Our worst games have been at this time. Whether its a whole lot of smoke, there is enough of a correlation here for me to think we won't have a great game again at this time if we haven't a whole other lot of times. If we play lights out on Sunday ill come back here and eat my crow.

I don't want to turn this into a debate of which qb is better. Like i said i would put money on the bengals winning, not Dalton.
AJ green, a solid O line and one of the best 2 back sets in the NFL is enough to warrant that.

Take it however you want but I believe the Bengals are a better team right now on a neutral field. The flaw this team has is their secondary. Something we are incapable of taking advantage of right now. Right now Dalton is playing above the line, and it is possible he can regress to the mean when he is finally tested. Do I have faith our offense can show up and capitalize on it? What have the showed me in 4 games besides one quarter of football that could possibly make me think this? So yes I would pick Cincinnati in a pressure packed situation.

So IF we lose...based on your analysis of the Bengals, will it be because of the 10am start time or the quality of the football team we are playing against?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Errr, we've beaten two horrible teams, so not sure asking who the Bengals has played helps out our cause.

Yeah we've played better teams, but we've also lost to two of them.