Who is the best player on the Seahawks defense

Who is the best defender on the Seahawks?

• Richard Sherman

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Bobby Wagner

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • Earl Thomas

Votes: 92 65.2%
  • Kam Chancellor

Votes: 13 9.2%

• Total voters

Cartire

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2kvu31hm said:

HOLY CRAP. SAC IS A MOD!!!!

(hold on, checking out my window to see if a certain 4 legged mammal is flying)

Smellyman

Reaction score
kearly":2313k0pu said:
I voted for Thomas like most, but this was a surprisingly tough question. Our defense was a shadow of itself earlier this year when Wagner was out and Kam was playing hurt.

Course, it has to be Thomas purely for structural reasons. But even if an elite single high safety was a luxury for us, you could still make a very strong case for Thomas due to his run stopping and instincts in coverage.

I have similar thoughts. Wagner out, D isn't good, Kam hurts and D isn't as good. Haven't seen games without Earl or Sherm (don't want to), but I think the LOB compliments each other. If Earl had a scrub SS and corners he wouldn't have as much freedom as he does.

LOB is dominant because of all the pieces.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Cartire":10h904kf said:
SacHawk2.0":10h904kf said:

HOLY CRAP. SAC IS A MOD!!!!

(hold on, checking out my window to see if a certain 4 legged mammal is flying)

QFT.......and in a blanket too!!!!!

Jville

Reaction score
I voted for Thomas. But, only after rewording the question to read .... who is the most irreplaceable player in the Seahawk defensive scheme.

idahawks

Reaction score
How about Irvin? OK maybe not as impactful as some of those mentioned but a highly under rated player and he should be in the conversation.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
idahawks":x62iantc said:
How about Irvin? OK maybe not as impactful as some of those mentioned but a highly under rated player and he should be in the conversation.

I would put Michael Bennett in there even before Irvin.

Without front four pressure, this defense does not function.

Cartire

Reaction score
ET is the correct answer. I already checked the Teachers Answers.

blazen2392

Reaction score
Sorry this answer is not debatable. Earl thomas is that jenga piece that the losing player pulls out and the entire thing falls down. Every other player are the pieces you can slide out and have it still standing (it doesn't look complete, but hey its still standing).

Mojambo

Reaction score
Earl Thomas is the best player on this defense, and maybe the best player in the entire NFC.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":33tak7tt said:
austinslater25":33tak7tt said:
I think people don't realize how good Sherman is. His advanced but him in a class all by himself historically at his position. Would love to hear Pete's answer to this question.

No disrespect to Shermy Sherm, but he's a very good player that only plays one half of the field. Now he shuts that half of the field down, but he's not responsible for the entire field like Earl is......thus less important in the grand scheme of our defense.

I completely agree on who is more important. I read the question as who is the best at their position. I think its a toss up between Thomas and Sherm. I think people are too quick to assume Sherman is only great because of Thomas and I don't think that is the case, although they obviously help each other. There probably isn't a wrong answer really.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Cartire":2w3pnbz1 said:
ET is the correct answer. I already checked the Teachers Answers.
Cheater :p
Every single guy on that list brings something to the conversation as "The Best", and the fact that the Seahawks are the #1 Defense in the NFL, only clouds the answer as to who is the best of the most important.
I said ET also, but there's a legitimate, and convincing argument for everyone else on that list.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
I'd have to go with Earl with Sherm/Wagner/Kam and Bennett all tied for 2nd :lol:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I can't imagine another FS coming in and doing what Earl does. His range is just sick. Closing speed is ridiculous. Attitude is infectious

trharder

Reaction score
It's sort of like asking what's the best part on your new car.

OrFan

Reaction score
-The Glove-":31g7ln6h said:
I can't imagine another FS coming in and doing what Earl does. His range is just sick. Closing speed is ridiculous. Attitude is infectious

They all make it work. The saying is true, though. "Two thirds of the planet is covered by water, the rest is covered by Earl Thomas!"

-The Glove-

Reaction score
OrFan":h23t7k9x said:
-The Glove-":h23t7k9x said:

They all make it work. The saying is true, though. "Two thirds of the planet is covered by water, the rest is covered by Earl Thomas!"
I know they all make it work...but Earl's range truly makes playing the single high possible

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't think it's just one....the Seahawks are a beastly defense collectively. However, if you separate the defense by positional groups the best player via the groups respectively may be like this -

Secondary - Earl Thomas
Linebackers - Bobby Wagner
DL - Brandon Mebane

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawkfan68":rh0zv12k said:
I don't think it's just one....the Seahawks are a beastly defense collectively. However, if you separate the defense by positional groups the best player via the groups respectively may be like this -

Secondary - Earl Thomas
Linebackers - Bobby Wagner
DL - Brandon Mebane

I would give it to Bennett. He is our JJ Watt (obviously not near as good), but he is so disruptive. He creates so many plays for everyone else when he isn't getting held like crazy.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
#1 Earl
#2 Bobby

Earl by a large margin though, without Earl the defense doesn't work.