Who is the best player on the Seahawks defense

Who is the best defender on the Seahawks?

• Richard Sherman

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Bobby Wagner

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • Earl Thomas

Votes: 92 65.2%
  • Kam Chancellor

Votes: 13 9.2%

• Total voters

Largent80

Reaction score
Earl......but they all compliment each other and that is the plan, and a good one to have.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
ET certainly, but it's the whole package of players that "allows" him to be "the best"

Zowert

Reaction score
Are you kidding? Earl Thomas is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL! Forget about being the best of the #1 defense & Defending World Champion Seattle Seahawks. Thomas' speed is a killer of course, but what has made him so successful [since game #1 of his rookie season] is his almost inhuman instincts for the game. It is as if the guy knows every play the opposition is going to run before it even makes it to the quarterback's helmet and into their huddle. ...and at times where the QB will throw the ball on passing plays, at least one may get this impression when Earl comes flying out of nowhere for a pick.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
heres my answer:

AgileSecondhandGoosefish.gif

WI-Hawkfan

Reaction score
Went with ET. His combination of speed, instincts, intelligence and leadership might be unique in the history of the game. I really hope I'm appreciating this era enough.

Inspector

Reaction score
I voted for Kam. Earl is a beast as well as all those listed. I just love to watch Kam blast people.

formido

Reaction score
No one knows which of Wagner, Thomas, or Sherman is the best player on defense. I will point out, as I always do, that Seattle's pass defense was very bad for the first year and a half of Pete Carroll's tenure. It instantly became elite--by defensive passer rating--inflected at the game Sherman stepped onto the field his rookie season. Two thirds of NFL champions were top 3 in passer rating differential for their championship season, because pass defense wins championships. And Seattle is well aware of this, hence Sherman's contract. Winners look for marginal value by finding value discrepancies in the market. Seattle is brilliant at this and they still paid Sherman what they paid him.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I can't pick because it's obvious that Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, and Wagner work in concert with each other all of them being even better then the sum of their parts. With no Thomas that means Chancellor can't drop in the box as much but with no Sherman there Thomas can't shade to Maxwell's side and with no Wagner well you've seen the result of that against Dallas and others.

Each of them allow the Seahawks to play a style of defense that can be imitated (New England) but never truly copied to full effectiveness. Because Earl can play single high better then anybody in the modern era in my opinion it allows for everything else but without the players to perform those roles effectively it wouldn't matter how good Earl is at playing that particular style because without the other three he would be rendered moot.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
In importance to our defense and scheme it's 1. Earl 2. Thomas 3. III