Who is the best player you expect to be cut?

Renohawk

Reaction score
I'm going with R Lockette. With the addition of Tyler Lockett, his reps at WR will be reduced, and I think Mathews could be a better WR. The only question, is there someone to take his SP play, he did a great job last year.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Some other McGill plays . . .

DeficientUnsteadyAtlanticridleyturtle.gif

MilkyLiveGangesdolphin
LastingInsistentAtlanticblackgoby
ResponsibleShadowyEasternglasslizard.gif

CoolMassiveAruanas.gif

DaringGlisteningBovine.gif

SaltyGrayBufflehead.gif

jake206

Reaction score
Chris Matthews. Seems a little too comfortable...and not competing as he did last year.

edogg23

Reaction score
Christine Michael. Probably the worst draft pick PC/JS have made. It's obvious now he is not ever going to earn getting on the field and probably for good reason. Rawls looks better than him and he is undrafted.

Chawker

Reaction score
I'm thinking C-Mike, he doesn't really fit the mold of a north and south running style like Rawls. His talents tends to lie more of a edge type runner, not really the type we need in Seattle.
Lynch,Turbin and Rawls all bruising types of backs. Cheers

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Chawker":2u3vx71z said:
I'm thinking C-Mike, he doesn't really fit the mold of a north and south running style like Rawls. His talents tends to lie more of a edge type runner, not really the type we need in Seattle.

No chance Michael is released this year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
jake206":3hpdpkj8 said:
Chris Matthews. Seems a little too comfortable...and not competing as he did last year.

He was competing just fine and it knocked him out for two weeks. I think Matthews is safe. He was wide open in the EZ last night and Daniels missed him.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1su79tqo said:
jake206":1su79tqo said:

He was competing just fine and it knocked him out for two weeks. I think Matthews is safe. He was wide open in the EZ last night and Daniels missed him.

Carroll did mention that even before his injury, he was not standing out as much as the other receivers. But I agree that he has no chance of being released after what he did in the Super Bowl.

Chawker

Reaction score
hawknation2015":384lgmdw said:
Chawker":384lgmdw said:

No chance Michael is released this year.

I see us shopping a couple of players but, the chances of a deal getting done is slim at best. I'd take a 7th round pick for him, and smile.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I may be wrong (likely), but I am thinking that Jesse Williams might just be a bit too much of a health risk at this stage. Sucks to say that after all he's been through and with the way he has been playing. But with all that is at stake now, the team might just have to opt for health, and leave emotion out of it. Lockette looks (purely as a WR) vulnerable right now with all the younger cheaper guys he is battling with. His ST presence may be enough to keep him around though.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
If any of BJ, Kevin Smith or Kasen Williams get cut, then probably one of them. I honestly have no idea how they're going to resolve that position group. Not that it's full of Pro Bowlers, but just so many high floor vs. high ceiling decisions at 4th, 5th and 6th spots.

Would be a shame if Pinkins didn't make it. I thought he looked great on Thursday (albeit against Oakland's scrubs).

Ronald Martin is a guy I like. He is not the best player yet, but I think he has the tools to develop. I'm not sure he makes it, but it'd be great to keep him in the program.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Either Lockette or Matthews is cut, just not sure which one. I'd rather keep Matthews personally.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3jbed7s8 said:
Either Lockette or Matthews is cut, just not sure which one. I'd rather keep Matthews personally.

I hope Lockette, yeah he is a goo gunner but you can find others and he makes to many stupid mistakes and is a liability at WR

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
edogg23":35wgojwg said:
Christine Michael. Probably the worst draft pick PC/JS have made. It's obvious now he is not ever going to earn getting on the field and probably for good reason. Rawls looks better than him and he is undrafted.

CMike has looked better than Rawls in each game IMO.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1t86vu6n said:

I would prefer they keep Smith/Kasen and cut both Lockette and Matthews.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I see Kevin Smith as having outplayed Kasen Williams, especially given Smith's return abilities. Agree that Lockette probably doesn't make it, he's getting up there in age.

Michaels and Rawls have a good chance to make the roster together if Turbin is gimpy.