Who is the best player you expect to be cut?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Montana as he usually is, is pretty spot on here. I think Kasen has played just as well but I'm completely biased as I've been a fan of his since UW signed him. I do think MIchael and Rawls are on the team together and then Turbin bumps Rawls when he comes back.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I don't think he's the best player that will get cut, but Kearse will be the guy not many expect to be cut that gets cut.

chris98251

Reaction score
rideaducati":2xfy7fng said:
I don't think he's the best player that will get cut, but Kearse will be the guy not many expect to be cut that gets cut.

Color me surprised that you would think that :)

daveman918

Reaction score
Lockette... Others have stepped up on ST. He's expendable. I also think that C-mike since the investment there does not seem to be paying off.

Tical21

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this a lot. It's a tough one. I interpret the question to mean: "Who is going to go somewhere else and play well?"

I'm going to say David King and Anthony McCoy.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
rideaducati":ooz0wn5o said:

You're going to be really disappointed in the coming hours then

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":bqq1wc5v said:
Hawkstorian":bqq1wc5v said:
Either Lockette or Matthews is cut, just not sure which one. I'd rather keep Matthews personally.

I would prefer they keep Smith/Kasen and cut both Lockette and Matthews.

Curious why you prefer Smith and Kasen over Matthews?

Tical21

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":360d0h3e said:
ImTheScientist":360d0h3e said:
Hawkstorian":360d0h3e said:
Either Lockette or Matthews is cut, just not sure which one. I'd rather keep Matthews personally.

I'll take my crack at this question. I certainly like the Matthews upside, but it just sounds like he's kind of soft. Plus, besides the fact that he had the biggest special teams play in team history, I liked what I saw from Kasen on special teams this week, and Smith is a legit NFL returner and I believe an explosive receiver. He looked pretty official on the screens he caught. I think there's something to him.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
vin.couve12":1kt9c8sl said:
I did time in Yakima. Two and a half years for a job there. Wife hated it because it was away from her family, but we still think fondly of it at times now. Granted, we lived out closer to West Valley with a south facing large window looking out at Ahtanum instead of living down in the ghetto (money is why I took the job and moved out there), but Yakima really does have it's good spots. I miss the Rueben at 2nd Street Pub (one of my top 3 Reubens all time), Russilo's Neapolitin pizza, Zesta Cuccina (better than the Portland one by far), That joint out at the golf course in the valley, etc. (yeah I like food OK?).

You'll find things to do. Gotta look outdours though.

Have to concur. But if it isn't this guy, then probably the surprise everyone saw coming in Christine Michael.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Tical21":3yip7gj8 said:
Hasselbeck":3yip7gj8 said:
ImTheScientist":3yip7gj8 said:
Hawkstorian":3yip7gj8 said:

I'll take my crack at this question. I certainly like the Matthews upside, but it just sounds like he's kind of soft. Plus, besides the fact that he had the biggest special teams play in team history, I liked what I saw from Kasen on special teams this week, and Smith is a legit NFL returner and I believe an explosive receiver. He looked pretty official on the screens he caught. I think there's something to him.

I like Kasen too, but I really think he can be stashed on the PS. I think there is some hometown bias going on with his value. I want to see one more year of Matthews before I write him off, his size and hands could be very useful on this team.

Tical21

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2dzifxfg said:
I like Kasen too, but I really think he can be stashed on the PS. I think there is some hometown bias going on with his value. I want to see one more year of Matthews before I write him off, his size and hands could be very useful on this team.
There is additional value to having teammates that give everything of themselves on the practice field, which I get the vibe that Matthews doesn't do. Especially on this team, where loving football more than just about anything is required, there is a point where letting a guy go because he goes a little against your culture is necessary. I think at the end of the day, Matthews is 6'5 and makes the squad because of his Super Bowl, but I don't think he's as automatic as he's thought to be. He couldn't practice all offseason, he missed a bunch of the preseason, and he's had his professionalism questioned by his own coaching staff publicly.

Your point about the practice squad is valid as well. However, I've read of about 15 players so far that we would "love to stash on the practice squad", and this doesn't even take everybody else's roster that we might want to steal from as well. I also think for a guy like Kasen, who was Parade or AP or whatever High School Player of the Year, he's at the least a small blip on radars. If he had a strong preseason and showed in practice, guys know. I don't know that he is necessarily as safe as someone like a Kevin Smith.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1vph796g said:
Matthews isn't a lock to make the team just because of his big performance in the Super Bowl. Remember, last year we cut the year before's Super Bowl MVP.

We never released Malcolm. After playing 49 games for the Seahawks, he left in free agency, signing with the Oakland Raiders for two years, $7 million.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
hawknation2015":2lci8wry said:
Seahawk Sailor":2lci8wry said:
Matthews isn't a lock to make the team just because of his big performance in the Super Bowl. Remember, last year we cut the year before's Super Bowl MVP.

We never released Malcolm. After playing 49 games for the Seahawks, he left in free agency, signing with the Oakland Raiders for two years, $7 million.

Regardless, we let him go, did not re-sign him. And we could well do that with Matthews, whether we cut him or eventually let him walk.

inda2o6

Reaction score
Cooper Helfet, i think they can get deal with having only 2 TEs to start this season and using the spot to keep some other position player.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Lockette...after all it was his fault we lost the super bowl...not the play bad call...not the off target pass...not the lack of a pick by Kearse...get rid of him!!!! He is good on special teams but just don't see how he contributes in the pass game.

Seafan

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2vxaf5tw said:

I agree he's not a lock. We didn't cut Malcom and he was on the roster all last year. The reason CMatt makes the team is because he has some value that none of the other receivers provide. He also is a good ST and with Lockette leaving it would be good to keep CMatt around.

RW92

Reaction score
Something tells it could be close for Brock Coyle. Solid player, but there is more talent on the team this year that plays past his athleticism.