Who is the best player you expect to be cut?

Seafan

Reaction score
RW92":1cwa6og3 said:
Something tells it could be close for Brock Coyle. Solid player, but there is more talent on the team this year that plays past his athleticism.

Turbin.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
RW92":156pze26 said:
Something tells it could be close for Brock Coyle. Solid player, but there is more talent on the team this year that plays past his athleticism.

Coyle has played really well this preseason as Wagner's backup. He's a roster lock, not in danger of being cut.

I would like to see him make more of a contribution on special teams, taking Mike Morgan's role. Coyle had a nice tackle on the punt team vs. KC.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
inda2o6":3iloi97y said:
Cooper Helfet, i think they can get deal with having only 2 TEs to start this season and using the spot to keep some other position player.

I agree....Cooper Helfet doesn't bring anything to the table. If he could block, then yeah he may have some value but he's not a great receiving TE either.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Kevin Smith. Made good catches, did well on special teams, wish we had room for him.

two dog

Reaction score
hawknation2015":j3vk3ie9 said:
T.Y. McGill

To me, he looks like the most complete three technique on the team in terms of his physical ability, explosiveness, run stopping, and pass rushing. He has freakish quickness off the ball and change of direction skills for a stalky 300 pounder. I have called him "Baby Mebane," but for whatever reason, I don't have a good feeling about him making the roster. Carroll made a point of saying he has not been playing the scheme totally right.

FlakyGargantuanDipper

I really don't think you have to worry about McGill. I would be greatly surprised if he
doesn't make fifty three. I like the same thing about him that I like about my guy,
Ronald Martin, he arrives at the point of impact in a bad mood.

Scheme can be taught, quickness, strength and instinct not so much.

two dog

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2h81c79p said:
T.Y. McGill

To me, he looks like the most complete three technique on the team in terms of his physical ability, explosiveness, run stopping, and pass rushing. He has freakish quickness off the ball and change of direction skills for a stalky 300 pounder. I have called him "Baby Mebane," but for whatever reason, I don't have a good feeling about him making the roster. Carroll made a point of saying he has not been playing the scheme totally right.

FlakyGargantuanDipper

I really don't think you have to worry about McGill. I would be greatly surprised if he
doesn't make fifty three. I like the same thing about him that I like about my guy,

Sorry, I don't know how I double-posted. And that's just one of the things I don't know about.

two dog

Reaction score
vin.couve12":12xocusa said:
I did time in Yakima. Two and a half years for a job there. Wife hated it because it was away from her family, but we still think fondly of it at times now. Granted, we lived out closer to West Valley with a south facing large window looking out at Ahtanum instead of living down in the ghetto (money is why I took the job and moved out there), but Yakima really does have it's good spots. I miss the Rueben at 2nd Street Pub (one of my top 3 Reubens all time), Russilo's Neapolitin pizza, Zesta Cuccina (better than the Portland one by far), That joint out at the golf course in the valley, etc. (yeah I like food OK?).

You'll find things to do. Gotta look outdours though.

Many thanks for the information. Second Street Grill is a regular stop. There's a
place at Gold Creek up the Chinook Pass highway that has the best fish 'n chips
I have ever tasted. They fly cod in twice a week from Alaska.

And I still like Kasen Williams to make this club. I just hope they can sneak Martin
through waivers to the practice squad. But I'm sure there are lots of things being
either planned or done that we are unaware of...
Trades, cuts from other teams, injury settlements with an eye to bringing them
back (Morgan and Turbs), or IR (Seisay). Gonna be interesting.

Tical21

Reaction score
two dog":3fr686vh said:
vin.couve12":3fr686vh said:
I did time in Yakima. Two and a half years for a job there. Wife hated it because it was away from her family, but we still think fondly of it at times now. Granted, we lived out closer to West Valley with a south facing large window looking out at Ahtanum instead of living down in the ghetto (money is why I took the job and moved out there), but Yakima really does have it's good spots. I miss the Rueben at 2nd Street Pub (one of my top 3 Reubens all time), Russilo's Neapolitin pizza, Zesta Cuccina (better than the Portland one by far), That joint out at the golf course in the valley, etc. (yeah I like food OK?).

Many thanks for the information. Second Street Grill is a regular stop. There's a

And I still like Kasen Williams to make this club. I just hope they can sneak Martin
through waivers to the practice squad. But I'm sure there are lots of things being
I thought I was going to die in Yakima. Played baseball for a short time at YVCC, brought a local Mexican girl home from the bar one night and never called her back. About two weeks later I went to that bar, got jumped pretty good in the bathroom by her brother and some friends, ended up with a pistol in my mouth. Was told I had ten minutes to leave town. I called my coach at 1:30 in the morning and told him I decided to play in Moses Lake. I haven't been back since.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
two dog":1moo1m1i said:
hawknation2015":1moo1m1i said:
T.Y. McGill

FlakyGargantuanDipper

Oh well.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
two dog":30wajgpe said:
vin.couve12":30wajgpe said:

I think you're talking about Whistling Jacks up there. Really good place.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Tical21":2spl0xfm said:
two dog":2spl0xfm said:
vin.couve12":2spl0xfm said:

I thought I was going to die in Yakima. Played baseball for a short time at YVCC, brought a local Mexican girl home from the bar one night and never called her back. About two weeks later I went to that bar, got jumped pretty good in the bathroom by her brother and some friends, ended up with a pistol in my mouth. Was told I had ten minutes to leave town. I called my coach at 1:30 in the morning and told him I decided to play in Moses Lake. I haven't been back since.
Ever visit the tri cities? Easily the nicest area on the east side imo.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Tical21":3s1mqegp said:
two dog":3s1mqegp said:
vin.couve12":3s1mqegp said:

Yeah, unfortunately that sounds like Yakima as well. Mexicans in Yakima are a really interesting topic. Most are good, hard working folks that have been there for a few generations, some are legal migrants and some illegal. The latter CAN be a problem, but where it gets really messed up is the cartel presence in the area and the gangs that inevitably associate with them. THAT'S where you run into people who just have a different value of life and live by a different set of rules....their own. Yakima has been a distribution hub for years and years for these cartels.

One of the last violent things that happened just before I moved away was an 8 year old boy shooting a cop in the leg, presumably to get into one of these gangs, and taking off on foot down the river. They never found the kid. He's probably a very dangerous teenager now.