Who is the face of the franchise right now?

Who is the face of the franchise?

• Marshawn Lynch

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 209 94.1%

• Total voters

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'd say in order:

Russell Wilson
Pete Carroll
Richard Sherman
Marshawn Lynch.

Now, if you were asking me who is the heart and soul of the team, then I think Lynch might still be the guy. But as far as the face of the franchise I think its Wilson and not even close.

MrCarey

Reaction score
If a team has a good QB, the QB will be the face.

Omahawk

Reaction score
Omahawk":1bdti77y said:
This reminds me of the poll that went up last year that someone did because he had a wager with his friend regarding Wilson vs. Flynn. After the results reached 100, he announced that the bet was that Wilson would get 95% of the vote over Flynn. He won the bet. This one has almost the exact same score so far.

Wow. This is so weird. One vote away from 100 and the deciding vote will make it either 95% or 94%. Does anyone know that thread that I'm referencing?

TwilightError

Reaction score
Its Wilson. Also Schneider is recognized as the king of the draft.

SE174

Reaction score
gspin2k1":2ogbtvwk said:
CurryStopstheRuns":2ogbtvwk said:
Breno and his on-going struggle battling a uni-brow.

RW.

I think I heard this on the radio and it's pretty well put:

The Seahawks are represented by three players.

Richard Sherman is the mouth
Russell Wilson is the face
Marshawn Lynch is the fist.

Yep. I remember that as well, from a caller on Brock and Salk.

noflyzone

Reaction score
Marshawn's mug is on the Clink and he's been our identity for the past couple years. It will be russell after this year though.

kearly

Reaction score
Carroll, Schneider, and Wilson all combine to be the Seahawks' Holy Trinity. Lynch is a ways down the list, though I would not be surprised if Pete nominated Beast Mode if you asked him. That's just how much he cares about running the football.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Russell is not only the face, but also the bulge in the jeans of this franchise.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I think it's still Pete to be honest, but Russell will be (if he isn't already) the best selling jersey. There's just so much of Pete's philosophy and personallity in this team that it's impossible (for me at least) to not think of Pete when I think of these Seahawks.

But since Pete wasn't an option, I voted for Russell.

warden

Reaction score
Wilson, Lynch, Thomas, Sherman,Carroll

This team is just stacked.

McGruff

Reaction score
pinksheets":2fsxnyvj said:
Russell is not only the face, but also the bulge in the jeans of this franchise.

I suspect Wilson would object to that characterization.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
What has Wilson done? He's a good player who is presumably on his way to being great but he didn't purchase the team, build the stadium, fill the seats (although he does contribute), draft anybody, coach up a winning culture from scratch (although he does contribute), etc. He might be or soon become the face of the players in the franchise but the entire franchise? No way. If that spot is reserved for a single person, it's Paul Allen. If we're talking about someone or something broader to represent the franchise that doesn't exclude the contributions made by the coaches, FO members, players, fans, our stadium's engineers and constructors, and so on, then we're talking about a symbol. The symbol which best represents the franchise is the number 12. Wilson is just a good, probably great player. The 12th man is a cultural legacy!

warden

Reaction score
TwilightError":9wtn5u1s said:
Its Wilson. Also Schneider is recognized as the king of the draft.

The king of the draft is Schneider. Carroll is just as big of a part of who we pick in the draft if not bigger. Fact is Carroll has final choice, fact is Carroll had tried to or look at the possibility of recruiting most of these players as they were coming out of high school. Carroll when hired stated that he had a major advantage over every body else for the next 3 years because he knew all the players in college. Schnieder is awesome but Carroll has just as much to do with it.