Who the greatest Seahawk of all time?

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Ok, I think we can safely say on offense it come down to either Walter Jones and Steve Largent.

And on defense its Kenny Easly and Cortez Kennedy.

Pick the best offensive player and the best defensive player.

1. Offensive Walter Jones

1. Defensive Kenny Easly

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
Jones.. End of story
not just the greatest Seahawk, the greatest LT ever.. period.. Same number of probowls and 2 less all pros then holding penalties. 23 sacks given up in his career, that is less than 2 per year, and 6 of those his last year when his knee was shot.. went 31 games, what what, without giving up a sack... And gave up 2 sacks in a whopping 2 games ever... nuf said.. Not just the greatest Seahawk ever..
then it is all sentimental.
Cortez, Largent, Easly, Wagner, Bam bam, ET III, Hutch, Warner, Green, Rufuss, Nash, Russ, Beast Mode, Strong, Alexander.
The question said GREATEST SEAHAWK EVER..
Jones ends the conversation..

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Greatest 5 players:
Easley
Jones
Tez
Lynch
Largent

Next tier:
Russ
Earl
Kam
Wagner
Sherman
Warner
Hutch

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
sutz":13j6iusw said:
Would have to go with:

1. Walter Jones

2. 'Tez Kennedy

3. Steve Largent

Maybe Walter and Tez are 1a/1b, and it's kind of hard to compare players from different positions, but that's my opinion.

This 100%. Walter and Tez were not just great Seahawks but NFL greats. You could make hard arguments that both could be in the top 5 all time at their positions. No hate on Largent but in regards to the NFL there have been quite a few that have passed Steve since he has retired.

chris98251

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2f3941t9 said:
sutz":2f3941t9 said:
Would have to go with:

1. Walter Jones

2. 'Tez Kennedy

3. Steve Largent

Maybe Walter and Tez are 1a/1b, and it's kind of hard to compare players from different positions, but that's my opinion.

This 100%. Walter and Tez were not just great Seahawks but NFL greats. You could make hard arguments that both could be in the top 5 all time at their positions. No hate on Largent but in regards to the NFL there have been quite a few that have passed Steve since he has retired.

Not playing in the playground he was in where you could just about do anything to a WR getting off the line or once he caught the ball. Easly, Lott, Nightrain Lane, Lynch, Atwater, Tatum, and others made reputations by filleting receivers on the field weekly, not the occasional big hit but play after play.

That's the difference that and many played 8, then 12, then the 16 game seasons so stats were harder to come by yet many of these guys are still up there.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Greatest Seahawk or Best Players?

Greatest Seahawks?

Non-player?

Allen

Player?

Lynch

(I don't even think this one is close - Walt comes in 2nd here with Tez right behind him.)

Best Players?

Walt

Easely

Largent

Tez

Sherman/Kam

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2iobh84d said:
In no particular order, I would have to go with Largent, Jones and Easley

Same here

What makes Largent even greater is that he had Zorn and Kreig throwing him the ball. There's a reason he's always diving during his highlights.

evergreen

Reaction score
It’s funny that the mt Rushmore are players from the deep past. I’ve been around for all the different versions and I get the love for those guys. Still, how could it not be Lynch or Kam. Their highlights are in the playoffs and super bowl. Give it time they will be the best. I still remember John Madden saying Walter Jones wasn’t just the best tackle but the best football player in the NFL. How could anyone not have Kam? Biggest hitter of all time.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
evergreen":1p1ibziu said:
It’s funny that the mt Rushmore are players from the deep past. I’ve been around for all the different versions and I get the love for those guys. Still, how could it not be Lynch or Kam. Their highlights are in the playoffs and super bowl. Give it time they will be the best. I still remember John Madden saying Walter Jones wasn’t just the best tackle but the best football player in the NFL. How could anyone not have Kam? Biggest hitter of all time.

Not too many DTs (in history of the NFL) demand triple teams on just about ever play,,,,,,Tez. Not too many LTs can block every NFL's top pass rusher throughout their career,,,, Big Walt.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":d7ymxfxi said:
SoulfishHawk":d7ymxfxi said:

Same here

What makes Largent even greater is that he had Zorn and Kreig throwing him the ball. There's a reason he's always diving during his highlights.

Zorn and Krieg were no slouch.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
1) Brian Russell

2) Kelly Jennings

3) Charlie Whitehurst

4) TJ Houshmanzadeh

5) Ryan Plackemeier

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch.

He literally brought a ring and two Super Bowl appearances to this team. Seahawks fan base confuses me; especially when they rank Russell Wilson over him.

I could've been the QB on a team with Beastmode and The LOB and made two SBs.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
This actually isn't a matter of opinion.

If Marshawn Lynch isn't in your top two.......you are WRONG. Discard your opinion, along with your list.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":11npfxsf said:

If Marshawn Lynch isn't in your top two.......you are WRONG. Discard your opinion, along with your list.

:34853_doh:

I love what Beast Mode did for this team, but. still

chris98251

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2pke0hr6 said:
SixSeahawk":2pke0hr6 said:

I love what Beast Mode did for this team, but. still

Millennial…………. :)

Many were not born that post now when the Seahawks became a team to see some of the old school guys, 2004 and 5 probably seems like a eternity to others.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":325gewab said:
pittpnthrs":325gewab said:
SoulfishHawk":325gewab said:

Same here

They were average

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":2a2e9mac said:

Lynch might not even be the Seahawks best RB, yet player.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3ilzz328 said:
seahawkfreak":3ilzz328 said:
pittpnthrs":3ilzz328 said:
SoulfishHawk":3ilzz328 said:

Same here

They were average
Kreig was above average and Zorny was below in my eyes.
However to be on topic..
1)Largent..He didn't have the easy rules of today at all.
2)Easley..An absolute beast out there.
3)Big Walt..Paved the way to our first SB.
4)Tez..Probaly deserves to be higher wnen you look hard at why

Latest posts