Who the greatest Seahawk of all time?

notyou

Reaction score
Largent didn't have the sticky gloves they wear today either.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
evergreen":20hnzbdl said:
It’s funny that the mt Rushmore are players from the deep past. I’ve been around for all the different versions and I get the love for those guys. Still, how could it not be Lynch or Kam. Their highlights are in the playoffs and super bowl. Give it time they will be the best. I still remember John Madden saying Walter Jones wasn’t just the best tackle but the best football player in the NFL. How could anyone not have Kam? Biggest hitter of all time.
I agree with this argument that the greatest Seahawk would have to come from the Superbowl winning generation, HOF members notwithstanding. In which case the nod must go to Russell Wilson, and I don't believe it's too early to declare it. The results are in and he'll only continue to improve on those results in the coming years.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on: Blair Walsh :sarcasm_off: :sarcasm_off:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The question was the Greatest Seahawk not the best player ever for the Seahawks.

Now if the OP meant best player? Then I apologize, you probably have to go way back in time for that....I would say Walter Jones. But what is 'Greatest'?

Greatness is subjective but I would argue that the guy that literally delivered the greatest prize to this long-suffering city's franchise, the Super Bowl Win...would have to be the Greatest.

Doubly so considering that arguably the most devastating moment in franchise history arose from NOT using that same guy. And considering that once he left, we not only never made it back but we were blown out in anything past the wild card game.

Lynch was the heart and soul of a team that steamrolled its way to the Super Bowl. Not just of the offense but the defense as well.

(You could make an argument for Kam, who was the defining factor of how the Legion of Boom got its name and its role as one of the most dominating secondaries ever, even at a time the NFL was shifting every advantage to the QB against the defense.)

Largent was great. Tez was great (even on that 2 win team). And Walter Jones might have been one of the greatest OL ever. But to literally be the torch that lights the way for the team on both offense and defense? I have only seen Lynch do that.

Lynch might not even make the HOF. But we made 2 SB with him, the one we lost was because we didn't use him, and we never sniffed another SB without him.

I don't even think it is close.

Seymour

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":3nf1kcg2 said:
Marshawn Lynch.

He literally brought a ring and two Super Bowl appearances to this team. Seahawks fan base confuses me; especially when they rank Russell Wilson over him.

I could've been the QB on a team with Beastmode and The LOB and made two SBs.

Yes, I can see the confusion for sure.

Rawls came in and put Beastmodes numbers to literal shame. Lynch was great but not more key than Wilson. Lynch had good run blocking during his run here. Once that fell off, so did Lynch, just like he did in Oakland. Wilson did what he did with league worst pass blocking, that is the big difference.

So, yes, you are quite confused.

Cable Ranking

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":r2asvkrv said:
The question was the Greatest Seahawk not the best player ever for the Seahawks.

Now if the OP meant best player? Then I apologize, you probably have to go way back in time for that....I would say Walter Jones. But what is 'Greatest'?

Greatness is subjective but I would argue that the guy that literally delivered the greatest prize to this long-suffering city's franchise, the Super Bowl Win...would have to be the Greatest.

Doubly so considering that arguably the most devastating moment in franchise history arose from NOT using that same guy. And considering that once he left, we not only never made it back but we were blown out in anything past the wild card game.

Lynch was the heart and soul of a team that steamrolled its way to the Super Bowl. Not just of the offense but the defense as well.

(You could make an argument for Kam, who was the defining factor of how the Legion of Boom got its name and its role as one of the most dominating secondaries ever, even at a time the NFL was shifting every advantage to the QB against the defense.)

Largent was great. Tez was great (even on that 2 win team). And Walter Jones might have been one of the greatest OL ever. But to literally be the torch that lights the way for the team on both offense and defense? I have only seen Lynch do that.

Lynch might not even make the HOF. But we made 2 SB with him, the one we lost was because we didn't use him, and we never sniffed another SB without him.

I don't even think it is close.

Nailed it.

:2thumbs:

Latest posts