Who will coach San Fran next year?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Baalke and York sounded totally out of their depth speaking today.

Just totally piss poor.

That franchise is going backwards. Big time.

pehawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":30q51rkw said:

Just totally piss poor.

It was really, REALLY bad. What a train wreck.

Marvin, explain to me the differences in York's again? Because, they all sound and act the same from where I'm sitting.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":2b0hl80o said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2b0hl80o said:

Just totally piss poor.

Marvin, explain to me the differences in York's again? Because, they all sound and act the same from where I'm sitting.

Not gonna explain anything. I took something completely different away from the press conference.

Not really in the mood to argue it either. Pointless. There is nothing Baalke or Jed could have said that would change anyone's view. All that matters is results.

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":2qyagokv said:
pehawk":2qyagokv said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2qyagokv said:

Just totally piss poor.

Not gonna explain anything. I took something completely different away from the press conference.

Not really in the mood to argue it either. Pointless. There is nothing Baalke or Jed could have said that would change anyone's view. All that matters is results.

Well, have you heard of twitter? If you haven't you should check it out. Anyways, a lot of national football writers we're just as harsh, if not harsher, than anyone in this thread. Actually, about 99% of the feedback was a head tilt and a "wait, what?"

Or, you know, we cant be objective like you said It's not like they just ran off their most successful coach in 20 years. That seems normal.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":29swmua2 said:
Marvin49":29swmua2 said:
pehawk":29swmua2 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":29swmua2 said:

Just totally piss poor.

Well, have you heard of twitter? If you haven't you should check it out. Anyways, a lot of national football writers we're just as, if not harsher, than anyone in this thread. Actually, about 99% of the feedback was a head tilt and a "wait, what?"

Or, you know, we cant be objective. It's not like they just ran off their most successful coach they've had in 20 years. That seems normal.

Not gonna argue with you. Pointless.

National media the same way. 49ers just let go a coach with one of the best winning % in the NFL. There was NOTHING they could have said today that would have appeased anyone.

As such, I wasn't looking for an appeasement. Jim is gone. Its done. I was looking for the plan moving forward.

pehawk

Reaction score
Oh, so what is the plan conveyed? Or, at least what you took as they plan conveyed?

Baalke sure had a "shut up, dummy!" look when York was talking. At least, IMO.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":3baw29iz said:
Oh, so what is the plan conveyed? Or, at least what you took as they plan conveyed?

Baalke sure had a "shut up, dummy!" look when York was talking. At least, IMO.

Ya man...that was you and anyone who already views York as a petulant child...which I don't.

Plan? Win with class as they HAVEN'T been doing with all of the legal issues recently. Speaking with the team directly about those things. Looking for a teacher as the next head coach. Looking for someone who could be here for a decade and be put an heir in place.

I think Harbaughs constant dalliances with other jobs were part of the reason for friction.

York hit the nail on the head when he said the one thing he was sure of was that he couldn't win the press conference. They wouldn't make a hire to win a press conference. They want to find the right guy to be there a long time.

Yes, these are all just words but they are the only thing we were ever going to come away with today anyway.

Now we see what's next.

EDIT: Also, never threw Harbaugh under the bus even though he KNEW he was going to face the heat and local reporters fired at him left and right.

Largent80

Reaction score
Marvin49":3vca4yzh said:
pehawk":3vca4yzh said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3vca4yzh said:

Just totally piss poor.

Did you take the Fox News "something different?".......Sucks to be you right now.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":2pvn4vab said:
Marvin49":2pvn4vab said:
pehawk":2pvn4vab said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2pvn4vab said:

Just totally piss poor.

Did you take the Fox News "something different?".......Sucks to be you right now.

Please don't ever refer to Fixed Noise when speaking with me. :D

Ya, sucks...but I'm just looking forward to not having the Harbaugh distraction anymore. I'd gladly have it and keep him as coach, but it is a small silver lining.

pehawk

Reaction score
Didn't he also say the new coach is expected to win a SB in year one, or else be reevaluated? So, the expectation is a coach that wins 10 straight SB's?

GothGirl, it's highly offensive you think I couldn't be objective. I'm not alone in my assessment and guess of Baalke's demeanor. Again, step out of your bubble and check twitter. There we're ALOT of media who picked up on that.

Or, what you said, I'm just bias.

pehawk

Reaction score
Also came out today part of the hate for Harbaugh was that he wouldn't market and shill for York's new stadium. From a Bay Area radio guy...fwiw.

Largent80

Reaction score
Well, whatever happens, just wondering, who SF fans will cheer for , if any, in the playoffs.

I had too many years over the last decades to do the same. Sometimes I just didn't care and sometimes I picked a team.

In the 80's I always rooted for SF over DalASS.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":6ksroyb4 said:
Didn't he also say the new coach is expected to win a SB in year one, or else be reevaluated? So, the expectation is a coach that wins 10 straight SB's?

GothGirl, it's highly offensive you think I couldn't be objective. I'm not alone in my assessment and guess of Baalke's demeanor. Again, step out of your bubble and check twitter. There we're ALOT of media who picked up on that.

I think peeps hear stuff like that and take it to an extreme. His point IMO is that everyone is always evaluated because they want to win a SB. It didn't mean "win this year or you're fired".

I honestly think what's happening here had little to do with the record of the team this season. SOMETHING was going on behind the scenes and we'll probably never know unless someone writes a book about it.

"Highly offensive to think I couldn't be objective"? Seriously? Did you of all people just say that to me? Wow. Pot? Kettle?

I'm all over twitter BTW. I already knew peeps were going to be all over them. They knew it too. That doesn't mean it's correct. Really don't care what the media thinks because I don't base my opinion on what people who are paid to write stories and make controversial statements to get attention say.

rlkats

Reaction score
Largent80":2x0lwdr7 said:
Well, whatever happens, just wondering, who SF fans will cheer for , if any, in the playoffs.

I had too many years over the last decades to do the same. Sometimes I just didn't care and sometimes I picked a team.

In the 80's I always rooted for SF over DalASS.

I root for NFCW teams. For years we (NFCW) were the joke of the league. I love seeing them win.

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":3prjl4v9 said:
pehawk":3prjl4v9 said:

I think peeps hear stuff like that and take it to an extreme. His point IMO is that everyone is always evaluated because they want to win a SB. It didn't mean "win this year or you're fired".

I honestly think what's happening here had little to do with the record of the team this season. SOMETHING was going on behind the scenes and we'll probably never know unless someone writes a book about it.

"Highly offensive to think I couldn't be objective"? Seriously? Did you of all people just say that to me? Wow. Pot? Kettle?

I'm all over twitter BTW. I already knew peeps were going to be all over them. They knew it too. That doesn't mean it's correct. Really don't care what the media thinks because I don't base my opinion on what people who are paid to write stories and make controversial statements to get attention say.

No way do you base your opinion on what media says. If that we're the case we wouldn't be able to predict your stance with accuracy and ease.

Press conference probably scared away legit and tenured candidates, IMO.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
Marvin49":15v467zy said:
pehawk":15v467zy said:

Living in the Bay Area, I have been listening to this all morning. The fans are double pissed after the press conference simply because York and Baalke came across as clueless idiots. York did not have to hold a 30+ minute press conference about Harbaugh - all he had to do was announce the decision and answer a few questions with something like "that was in the past, we are moving forward". Why have a press conference if you are not going to explain anything? But even though he didn't say much, he said WAY too much. Awkward, tons of inconsistencies, full of hyperbole. Look at the press conferences from other coaches let go today.....VERY different.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":2y46fipl said:
Marvin49":2y46fipl said:
pehawk":2y46fipl said:

No way do you base your opinion on what media says. If that we're the case we wouldn't be able to predict your stance with accuracy and ease.

Press conference probably scared away legit and tenured candidates, IMO.

I think that's ludicrous, but you are entitled to that opinion.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":dxep4nr1 said:
Marvin49":dxep4nr1 said:
pehawk":dxep4nr1 said:

Living in the Bay Area, I have been listening to this all morning. The fans are double pissed after the press conference simply because York and Baalke came across as clueless idiots. York did not have to hold a 30+ minute press conference about Harbaugh - all he had to do was announce the decision and answer a few questions with something like "that was in the past, we are moving forward". Why have a press conference if you are not going to explain anything? But even though he didn't say much, he said WAY too much. Awkward, tons of inconsistencies, full of hyperbole. Look at the press conferences from other coaches let go today.....VERY different.

Ya...I listen to 49er fans who call into radio shows a lot less than I listen to the media.

Look, peeps are PISSED right now. I don't blame them. Nothin was going to be said today that calmed those peoples nerves. They are already ready to lynch York and Baalke so there was nothing to be won in that presser. However, if they DIDN'T hold it, people would be JUST as pissed for different reasons.

Not like other firings? Well of course not. It wasn't like any other situation.

I wanted Jim to stay. I'm mad that they couldn't work it out.

I just don't happen to think that Jed and Trent are the mumbling baboons people are making them out to be. I think they know what they are doing and knew what the reaction would be.

We'll just have to wait and see if the call was the right one.

homerun1970

Reaction score
It wasn't just Harbs dallying with other jobs, If I recall the 49ers tried to trade him to Cleveland then did their best to deny it. The whole organization is presently on the skids heading downhill fast. York can preach integrity and doing the things the right way but all the leaks out of that building are the opposite of that, If it wasn't him personally leaking stuff he sure wasn't on a hunt to find out who was and shut down the distraction.

Latest posts