Why are we doing nothing?!?!?!?

Seafan

Reaction score
JS is collecting draft picks. The Hawks can likely collect a 3rd and three 4ths.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Ya know, I get that JS is not going to get crazy with our meager cap room, but c'mon. I think the vast majority of us were hoping for more than resigning a few of our role players.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
While we aren't doing much (can't spend money you don't have...) you also have to ask:

Of the FAs who have been signed around the league, would we really have matched or beaten any of those deals?

The Hawks don't have much cap space considering the holes we have...like the offensive line-sized hole on the offensive line...

That already puts the Hawks down to 2nd tier FAs at best. More likely is the Hawks have some players they would like at the right price, and if we can't get them then we will focus on draft and then picking up some guys who get released from other teams in spring/summer.

It's not sexy, but we don't have the cap space to be sexy.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
AgentDib":30q3v2s0 said:
All you have to do is look at the teams making the big moves. The Texans, for example, have spent $126 million this afternoon trying to shore up their offense. That may be the right move for their franchise but would anybody rather be a Texans fan right now?

Yep. When you're arguably a few games, or even a few key plays from the Super Bowl, just how much do you want to change?

And as far as draft picks go, I saw somewhere on Twitter that we have somewhere close to TWENTY draft picks combined over the next couple of years. That's a lot of aces in the hole for a team that's already pretty damned good.