How are We Doing (Poll)

Looking back at your thoughts pre-season, going into the final week how are we doing?

• Overachieving

Votes: 55 66.3%
  • Underachieving

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Exactly What I Thought

Votes: 24 28.9%

• Total voters

knownone

Reaction score
HOW did you get to 11.

I like your positivity.
Well, the most straightforward answer is that my projection was wrong. I expected Penny to stay healthy and maintain his pace from last season. I believe I called him Derrick Henry lite, but I'm too ashamed to look it up. I also expected the defense to improve with Jamal in a more familiar role, another significant bit of foresight on my part.

Overall, I thought people underestimated our talent on offense going into the season. Fant, Dissly, Penny (when healthy), DK, and Tyler are great players. So Geno only needed to be competent for the offense to succeed.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I think tomorrow's game is a major determining factor on whether we overachieved this season. We started as a world beaters but have been awful since the bye. Come out tomorrow and play well and win the big game,, then we overachieved. Come out flat, uninspired and lose, then we fizzled. I'm mostly focused on how ready we are and how much fire we show.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I said this was a 9 or 10 win team back in August.
Receivers are elite and a few good tight ends and running backs. Defensively lacking with difference makers on the D line. This team is one more good draft (thank you Denver) from becoming dynastic.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I picked us to win 11 games, so I feel obligated to say underachieving despite feeling we're overachieving. It's complicated. Geno is a bit better than expected. On the other hand, the defense was worse than expected and my expectations were already low for them. Going into the season, I was leaning toward us having a good run defense and a dismal pass defense. Instead, we got the opposite.
You wouldn't have been wrong if the Seahawks would have beaten the teams they should have at home - the Falcons, Raiders, and Panthers.

bileever

Reaction score
Offense--overachieving. They are better than most of us thought they would be. Outside of Geno, there have been other pleasant surprises, like the two rookie tackles, Marquise Goodwin and Kenneth Walker. Without the Penny injury, it might have been even better.

Defense--underachieving. I thought that with a new coordinator, hiring Sean Desai and implementing aspects of the Fangio scheme that we would finally right the ship, but it's been mostly disappointing, outside of Tariq Woolen.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I was expecting 4-5 wins and for Rams and Cards to still being the top of our division good thing the Hawks had a weak schedule. Half the Hawks loses we’re against the entire NFC South

NoGain

Reaction score
No way did I think they'd still be alive for a playoff spot going into the final weekend of the season. Offense took me by surprise, mostly because of Geno's play. Run defense and pass rush has been frustrating and disappointing excepting a few decent stretches of play.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I was thinking 6 wins, maybe 7. We are going to be 8 wins min and lamenting a couple of games that got away.