How are We Doing (Poll)

Looking back at your thoughts pre-season, going into the final week how are we doing?

• Overachieving

Votes: 55 66.3%
  • Underachieving

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Exactly What I Thought

Votes: 24 28.9%

• Total voters

kidhawk

Reaction score
Simple poll question, look back to where you thought we'd be now going into the season. How are we doing?

sutz

Reaction score
I never bought into the doom and gloom predictions at the start of the season. Pete's a winning coach, and we still have some talent. I'm not surprised that we're approaching a winning season. "Exactly" is a little strong, but I'm not surprised TBS.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
I never bought into the doom and gloom predictions at the start of the season. Pete's a winning coach, and we still have some talent. I'm not surprised that we're approaching a winning season. "Exactly" is a little strong, but I'm not surprised TBS.

Don't take exactly meaning exact record prediction; think of it more like how they have performed through the season and where we are currently sitting (with a shot at the playoffs, but no guarantees).

sutz

Reaction score
Don't take exactly meaning exact record prediction; think of it more like how they have performed through the season and where we are currently sitting (with a shot at the playoffs, but no guarantees).
Well, then it fits.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Well, then it fits.
I've always felt we never had a shot at the playoffs this year, so I'm obviously on the overachieving end of the scale. I will say though, that I always thought our defense would be the issue, but I didn't think it would play out as it has. I thought (maybe hoped is a better word) they'd have a tough start and steadily improve throughout the season. Not the up and down (more down than up) that we've seen this year on the defensive side of the ball.

Rainger

Reaction score
I said 8 or 9 wins from the very start. I got excited in the middle of the season and said 10 wasn't out of the possibility. Time to go back and revisit those 2 polls I conducted where people's names were shown for their vote.

Kid you really need to fix your banner at bottom that only shows up as numbers.
70585447_2534135806634569_6518419737121128448_n.jpg

Mase

Reaction score
-- I voted "Exactly what I thought", but that was for wins and loses. My thought was always 8 or 9 wins. Where I was wrong, was that Geno has massively exceeded my expectations which should have given us an extra couple of wins. But the defense, especially the front seven, has been more sieve-like than I thought they would be, and that has cost us those wins. So didn't get all the whys right, but ended up in the same place.

-- I never believed we would be one of the worst teams as was suggested after the Icon trade. Because Coaching matters, and I would take Pete ahead of some of the media darlings any day of the week.

Mase

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Undeniably overachieving on wins in a transition/rebuild year. I’ll admit I expected closer to the Vegas prediction and wrote off the year from that perspective.

My interest in watching the season was all about player development. Think they nailed that with 7 out of 9 draftees getting time (6 significant) and showing great potential.

A little worrying that the 2nd & 3rd year guys didn’t show much growth. Parkinson has taken advantage of opportunities and Dallas has shown to be a solid contributor. Beyond that?

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Overall, it's a little overachieving but you almost have to make it pre and post Berlin. They were massively overachieving for awhile with a legit MVP contender. After the bye we were as bad as I expected us to be. Still, more wins and promise than I expected in the rebuild year but an other-wordly draft accelerated the process dramatically. Overall 3-4 more wins than I expected.

Ozzy

Reaction score
While we won a couple more games I think a part of of it is the strength of schedule being so bad. I think we’re a middle of the road team. Although typing this I think the rookie class being so good made us better than I expected so I’m probably not being fair

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I went with overachieving as they have had more wins than I thought they would prior to the season.

For an offense/defense point of view - I'd go overachieving for the offense and underachieving for the defense (specifically the run defense, which actually was fairly good in 2021, so it was disappointing they got worse).

Last edited:

renofox

Reaction score
Looking at just W and L we are over.

Looking at the hoped-for improvement of the Defense over the course of the season? Drastically underachieving.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
I like to simplify, Geno, Cross and Lucas equivalates to Russ. I figured we would end up about the same as last year. Since it looks like we will likely end up picking 5th, I'm getting worried about what our QB future is going to be.

Bring on the draft!

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I thought we'd be a lot more competitive than a lot of posters here.

I also thought the defense would be much improved, giving us a chance at the playoffs, & the offense would be pretty average & might be the weak link.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Overachieving. At the start of the season I went on record saying this was a 5 win team max.

knownone

Reaction score
I picked us to win 11 games, so I feel obligated to say underachieving despite feeling we're overachieving. It's complicated. Geno is a bit better than expected. On the other hand, the defense was worse than expected and my expectations were already low for them. Going into the season, I was leaning toward us having a good run defense and a dismal pass defense. Instead, we got the opposite.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I picked us to win 11 games, so I feel obligated to say underachieving despite feeling we're overachieving. It's complicated. Geno is a bit better than expected. On the other hand, the defense was worse than expected and my expectations were already low for them. Going into the season, I was leaning toward us having a good run defense and a dismal pass defense. Instead, we got the opposite.
HOW did you get to 11.

I like your positivity.