Why don't we run the hurry up all game?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
StoneCold":3dkorm0g said:
A comment I heard on the radio today that one reason the Hurry Up works is they call quicker developing pass plays. You can also do that when you huddle up. Seen may comments here about calling plays that the players you have can execute and you can do that while huddling as easily as when doing the hurry up. So play selection is probably as important as over all tempo.

Millen talked for a good 15 minutes about this morning, I know Hugh talked ad nauseum, shocking.

Up tempo has pros and cons.

Pros is obviously keeps the defense on it's heels, unable to sub and plain vanilla. Cons is it restricts which plays you can run, might also result in a quicker 3 and out and your defense back on the field in two minutes exhausted.

Having said all this, I do think Russell is suited better for up tempo. When he's "really on" as Pete likes to say, he's up tempo, in rhythm and confident throwing on time.

So yeah, lets do it more than we do, but all the time? Nope, it's not good to run any sort of offense all the time........just ask Chip Kelly.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Carroll mentioned the other day that hurry up might be used more against those teams that have marginal QBs.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":38ocgo3t said:
StoneCold":38ocgo3t said:
A comment I heard on the radio today that one reason the Hurry Up works is they call quicker developing pass plays. You can also do that when you huddle up. Seen may comments here about calling plays that the players you have can execute and you can do that while huddling as easily as when doing the hurry up. So play selection is probably as important as over all tempo.

Millen talked for a good 15 minutes about this morning, I know Hugh talked ad nauseum, shocking.

Up tempo has pros and cons.

Pros is obviously keeps the defense on it's heels, unable to sub and plain vanilla. Cons is it restricts which plays you can run, might also result in a quicker 3 and out and your defense back on the field in two minutes exhausted.

Having said all this, I do think Russell is suited better for up tempo. When he's "really on" as Pete likes to say, he's up tempo, in rhythm and confident throwing on time.

So yeah, lets do it more than we do, but all the time? Nope, it's not good to run any sort of offense all the time........just ask Chip Kelly.

Not sure your replying so much to me, as I don't want them to run up tempo any more than they do. I would like to see the quick short passing game, that is a part of the Hurry Up, used when they're not hurrying.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It's also worth pointing out that what works at the end of the half wouldn't necessarily work in the middle of the third quarter. At the end of the half, defenses are playing back (prevent defense) in expectation of desperation deep plays. That leaves more room underneath for successful plays, so a lot of offenses will suddenly look better right at the end of the half. In the third quarter, the defense rolls closer to the line and you're not going to have that kind of room.

chris98251

Reaction score
We would be better going to a power run scheme with drive blocking and the I formation to take advantage of the size of our guys.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
All I know is, what were doing now isn't working and we've been doing it for the last two years on offense. Lynch isn't here anymore and we don't have the line, so nows the time to adapt just like you do with anything in life.

rcaido

Reaction score
If we get the ball first then we should start the game with a fast tempo on our first drive.