Why Seahawks are giving Shane Waldron’s offense rave reviews

Jville

Reaction score
Clayton: Why Seahawks are giving Shane Waldron’s offense rave reviews >>> [urltargetblank]https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1424284/clayton-seahawks-shane-waldron-offense-rave-reviews/[/urltargetblank]

From the article .....................
One of the keys to the Rams-49ers style of offense is not holding onto the ball too long. Jimmy Garoppolo, 49ers quarterback, gets rid of the ball in 2.57 seconds. Jared Goff, the ex-Rams QB, releases the ball in 2.76 seconds. Wilson held onto the ball on average for 2.97 seconds during the regular season and 3.3 seconds in the Seahawks’ playoff loss to the Rams. That’s too long.

knownone

Reaction score
I feel like every offseason, some aspect of the team is hyped, and it doesn't always translate to the field. For example, last year, the defense was supposed to be great, and all offseason, we heard about how much talent we had in the secondary. Then the season started, and we were on pace for the worst pass defense in NFL history.

I'm optimistic about our offense this season, but I'll believe it when I see it. These offseason storylines are meaningless.

Chawker

Reaction score
Its a proven fact that Waldron is great at keeping defense off balance with his play calling skills. When they think pass, he runs it, vise a versa. Pre season will be boring as h e l l but come regular season he'll rip'em a part.

Cheers

knownone

Reaction score
Chawker":c8ih7xg2 said:
Its a proven fact that Waldron is great at keeping defense off balance with his play calling skills. When they think pass, he runs it, vise a versa. Pre season will be boring as h e l l but come regular season he'll rip'em a part.

Cheers
Is it really a proven fact? Waldron has never called plays in the NFL.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
I hope fans are much more patient with the build and in season adjustments of this year's new offensive scheme than it was with last year's defensive build and adjustments. And, I think it unlikely that all Seahawk team mates can completely set aside old habits and embrace Shane's scheme by day one. It may take awhile. But, I'm patient and the process should be interesting to watch.

"This year, the offense’s theme should be labeled “Let Shane Scheme.” - Clayton

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think the first 4 games are going to be an adjustment process. But I think Shane will call plays that force Russell to get rid of the ball quickly.

I believe in this offense for 2 reasons, Pete said that they are focusing on the process from play call to ball release. To get it done smoothly and quickly and not allow the defense to pick up hints, or adjust.

They've also said that it's intricate. From what I understand, they mean that it starts off rather simple, easy completions, a few yards here and there, then builds off of the previous few plays, adding a bit to each play. Basically, repeating plays that you've already done, but changing the route just a bit. So that it looks just like what you did before, and that's what the defense sees, but it's different. "Looks can be deceiving"

xray

Reaction score
What else could they say ? Waldron's offense sucks ? We'll never know . It's Classified info . :D

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The first time SW calls a run up the middle that goes for 3 yards, though, this place will moan that Pete is calling the plays, yanking the reins, and encouraging Pete-ball again. I don't envy Waldron's position with fan expectations.

toffee

Reaction score
ivotuk":3jrnvxon said:
I think the first 4 games are going to be an adjustment process. But I think Shane will call plays that force Russell to get rid of the ball quickly.

I believe in this offense for 2 reasons, Pete said that they are focusing on the process from play call to ball release. To get it done smoothly and quickly and not allow the defense to pick up hints, or adjust.

They've also said that it's intricate. From what I understand, they mean that it starts off rather simple, easy completions, a few yards here and there, then builds off of the previous few plays, adding a bit to each play. Basically, repeating plays that you've already done, but changing the route just a bit. So that it looks just like what you did before, and that's what the defense sees, but it's different. "Looks can be deceiving"

Forcing a hero not to play hero ball?

Tinamedina

Reaction score
toffee":1r96x5rr said:
ivotuk":1r96x5rr said:

The hero ball that has kept this team relevant and made pete Carroll's career? No hero ball, no wins.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tinamedina":sr6qhwsj said:
toffee":sr6qhwsj said:
ivotuk":sr6qhwsj said:

The hero ball that has kept this team relevant and made pete Carroll's career? No hero ball, no wins.

I mean, late game hero ball is literally a byproduct of the Peteball you constantly whine about. No wins without Peteball, got it. Bye

Jerhawk

Reaction score
knownone":1b9ijtv2 said:
I feel like every offseason, some aspect of the team is hyped, and it doesn't always translate to the field. For example, last year, the defense was supposed to be great, and all offseason, we heard about how much talent we had in the secondary. Then the season started, and we were on pace for the worst pass defense in NFL history.

I'm optimistic about our offense this season, but I'll believe it when I see it. These offseason storylines are meaningless.

I remember the opposite. A lot of folks on here were concerned about or D going into the season due to a lack of good corners and pass rushers. Adams and Wagner were the only bright spots. Maybe I'm remembering differently.

In regards to Waldron, as long as the system is designed for Wilson to get rid of the ball quicker and he executes properly, it should result in less sacks and hits which is a good thing.

My only concern is Carroll getting involved and telling them to throw it deep more or whatever and mucking it up

chris98251

Reaction score
Tinamedina":c6cci2hr said:
toffee":c6cci2hr said:
ivotuk":c6cci2hr said:

That is what happens when you play conservative and give the opposition a 10 point or more point spread going into the second half, now actually trying to score and put points on the board the first two quarters and keeping your foot on the gas................ We have seen that only a few times and even then the defense was racking up points and in field position we would run and take time off the clock and kick field goals.

But hey keep swinging eventually a clock that's broke is right twice a day.