Wilson in old HAWKS uni photoshopped

two dog

Reaction score
TheHawkster":23mveqob said:
In case you wondered, that's Brian Habib.

temp9-FinalRegularSeasonHomegame.jpg

I'm sure you know what you're talking about. At first look I thought it was Dennis Boyd.
I still like those uniforms.

themunn

Reaction score
We should be allowed to wear those unis every 4 years - whenever we play the AFC West.
That would be a cool tradition if the NFL allowed it.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I am really surprised the league has such stupid rules to prevent this. It's just dumb. Give the fans what they want. Duh!

HawkFreak

Reaction score
These are the timeless, sweet, classic unis that caught the attention and fandom of a 9 year old east coast boy...32 years ago.

razor150

Reaction score
I was never really in love with the old uniforms or logo, and they were looking extremely dated when they finally changed them. The base blue was always a bit fugly. Never really understood the nostalgic love that always seems to be going on for them.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Chub.

Love the old unis, logo, and colors.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
BlueTalon":1r3cvplm said:
I loved the old uniforms. At the time, I thought they were the best looking uniforms in the league. But I love the new uniforms enough to not miss the old ones. It will be cool if we could get to see them on occasion, especially if we are playing the Chiefs or Raiders. It would be a great blast from the past, but there's no way I would want to give up the uniforms we have now.

100% agree.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":2qwor1z7 said:
Jon Kitna might be the most underrated Seahawk ever, by the way.

If not, he's certainly right at the top.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
themunn":2bfu4b6q said:
We should be allowed to wear those unis every 4 years - whenever we play the AFC West.

We can throw backs twice a year if we wanted, the team chooses to wear wolf grey instead.

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
razor150":5y00x669 said:
I was never really in love with the old uniforms or logo, and they were looking extremely dated when they finally changed them. The base blue was always a bit fugly. Never really understood the nostalgic love that always seems to be going on for them.

My sentiments as well.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":lbs3ro37 said:
themunn":lbs3ro37 said:

We can throw backs twice a year if we wanted, the team chooses to wear wolf grey instead.

They just couldn't wear the helmets.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seanhawk":16jk1daj said:
seahawkfreak":16jk1daj said:
themunn":16jk1daj said:

They just couldn't wear the helmets.

Unless they painted the helmets they normally wear.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
razor150":105bgjai said:

I'm not superstitious.

But if I was, I would be totally against wearing the near uniforms. This team wallowed in a pile of crap for nearly two decades. Only until after a uniform change in 2002 did they finally start getting it together.

The Buccaneers had the same thing happen when they changed their uniform in 1997. And both these teams started the same year.

crosfam

Reaction score
The Chuck Knox years were not exactly a pile of crap.

Though I do agree. I think the new unis convey a sense of menace with the defense and run game. Kind like Pittsburgh in the 70s. We can change them in another decade or so if things have changed. Do wish we would wear all the combos though.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
I'm sure many of you have seen, but Russ posted this pic on FB today and even agreed with a commenter saying this needs to happen for a game. Cool.

soohawk

Reaction score
both lineman have MITTS full of jersey hahaha :)

and i could have sworn that was kitna