Wilson in old HAWKS uni photoshopped

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":1hlh83iz said:
I'm sure many of you have seen, but Russ posted this pic on FB today and even agreed with a commenter saying this needs to happen for a game. Cool.

Sweet. Momentum.

Latestcb20130821003013

Reaction score
Why can't they just vinyl wrap the helmets like they do racecars in NASCAR?https://youtu.be/Z3yEaC6pOHo

Crizilla

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1syww99b said:
Seanhawk":1syww99b said:
seahawkfreak":1syww99b said:
themunn":1syww99b said:
We should be allowed to wear those unis every 4 years - whenever we play the AFC West.
That would be a cool tradition if the NFL allowed it.

We can throw backs twice a year if we wanted, the team chooses to wear wolf grey instead.

They just couldn't wear the helmets.

Unless they painted the helmets they normally wear.

I hope you weren't being serious right there. They can't just paint their helmets

253hawk

Reaction score
They can't use any new uniforms until 2017, because the current ones have to be used for 5 years first. As for the helmets, you can't use more than one physical helmet per season due to safety rules (do players use the same ones they slam on the ground during temper tantrums -- surely some of them have been compromised?) but vinyl decals can be applied to accompany throwback unis. If the Packers can come up with a complete wrap that changes the helmet from its current yellow to throwback brown, we should be able to get the old silver on there to cover the blue.

DANxK6n

Basis4day

Reaction score
253hawk":1u052k4w said:
They can't use any new uniforms until 2017, because the current ones have to be used for 5 years first. As for the helmets, you can't use more than one physical helmet per season due to safety rules (do players use the same ones they slam on the ground during temper tantrums -- surely some of them have been compromised?) but vinyl decals can be applied to accompany throwback unis. If the Packers can come up with a complete wrap that changes the helmet from its current yellow to throwback brown, we should be able to get the old silver on there to cover the blue.

Not quite. They used to use a brown helmet. When they stopped being allowed to use a second helmet they started using their current yellow with the "G" decal removed.

253hawk

Reaction score
Right. I couldn't remember if they used those before or after the one-helmet rule, so those must have been secondary ones they had painted. The NFL is only a multi-billion dollar entity, surely it's far too expensive to custom-fit more than one helmet per season and they all stay in immaculate, safe condition for 20+ weeks.

crucifyd

Reaction score
I loved the wrap around hawk back in the day, and I still like it, but have become quite partial to these unis in my old age:

7df7c15c87211a92cebd4696a0b6a793

depecheSeahawk

Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":uku2w9ie said:
BlueTalon":uku2w9ie said:
I loved the old uniforms. At the time, I thought they were the best looking uniforms in the league. But I love the new uniforms enough to not miss the old ones. It will be cool if we could get to see them on occasion, especially if we are playing the Chiefs or Raiders. It would be a great blast from the past, but there's no way I would want to give up the uniforms we have now.

My sentiments exactly.

Yeah, this.

The current uniforms are by far the best in the league. Every time I see someone wearing one I think, damn our jerseys are bomb!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
razor150":2p6zgpzx said:
I was never really in love with the old uniforms or logo, and they were looking extremely dated when they finally changed them. The base blue was always a bit fugly. Never really understood the nostalgic love that always seems to be going on for them.
I wouldn't mind seeing them one game per season, for a bit of nostagia. They are miles better than the shite some of these teams trot out as thowbacks. One game/yr is enough though. Otherwise the experience would be like watching 'That 70's Show' on loop.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
The away unis were pretty nice too:

141111-krieg-600.jpg

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":a6rebu9q said:
Jon Kitna might be the most underrated Seahawk ever, by the way.
At times he was. At other times, he morphed into kINTa. Not bad for a UDFA, but a sad state of affairs having to claim lower-tier material as one of our better QB's. He's rated exactly as he should be.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":36kkwcf0 said:
If Pittsburgh can wear those awful bumblebee throwbacks then the Hawks should be able to use these once a year...

Why do the Steelers get to wear (2) different helmets? The stupid black ones and the stupid yellow ones?

Basis4day

Reaction score
morgulon1":yz8wt7zi said:
Seahaaaawks":yz8wt7zi said:
If Pittsburgh can wear those awful bumblebee throwbacks then the Hawks should be able to use these once a year...

Why do the Steelers get to wear (2) different helmets? The stupid black ones and the stupid yellow ones?

They don't wear the yellow ones. They wear the normal black ones with the throwbacks.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Basis4day":33seu1h9 said:
morgulon1":33seu1h9 said:
Seahaaaawks":33seu1h9 said:

They don't wear the yellow ones. They wear the normal black ones with the throwbacks.

OK,

I could've sworn that I saw the yellow helmets last year.

Drugs are bad mmmmm kay?

Basis4day

Reaction score
morgulon1":3r4wld8j said:
Basis4day":3r4wld8j said:
morgulon1":3r4wld8j said:
Seahaaaawks":3r4wld8j said:

OK,

I could've sworn that I saw the yellow helmets last year.

Drugs are bad mmmmm kay?

Not a problem. Same goes for other teams with differing helmets. Some used to wear a different helmet (Packers, Steelers), then the new rules came out. Some remove or add decals.