Window Has Closed?

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
One thing that caught my attention during the closing minutes was when the brocasters were talking about Kyle Shanahan and the fact that every game is a different game plan based around the opponents roster and that he tries to design plays that specifically attack an opposing players weakness. Imagine that.

Oh and window, not closed. Not even close.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Window closed??? Holy Hey-Zeus Christoff. Life long fan in Iowa.One lose in a playoff game and people calling for heads. Reminds me uninformed Hawkeye fans. Arguably one of the best rosters in league. Yes some holes need to patched but still a ridic roster

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":3psrtr4m said:
One thing that caught my attention during the closing minutes was when the brocasters were talking about Kyle Shanahan and the fact that every game is a different game plan based around the opponents roster and that he tries to design plays that specifically attack an opposing players weakness. Imagine that.
Yeah, it's almost like he's doing what an offensive coordinator is supposed to do, rather than banging his head against a wall because it works sometimes and that's good enough and I WANT IT MY WAY AND THAT'S THAT!

Ugh. So frustrating. I'd kill for an OC that thinks like that.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I see all this talk about making playoffs, being top ten etc. If that is your goal, then we are a success. Most people the goal is getting the Lombardi. With Bevell, cable and Richard, the window is closed. Sure we can fight hard and win divisions, maybe make it a round or two in the playoffs and that's it. These coaches hold this team back, and are miles apart from elite coaches. Pete brings a great atmosphere and general philosophy, but. He needs help with the specific x's and o's. Imagine this team with shanahan as OC. We would have 2 Superbowl and 3 to 4 appearances.

From a talent perspective, we have 3 good years left give or take to have a shot at winning the Superbowl. We have a coaching staff that doesn't understand how to take advantage of this talent.

So, as we sit with no coaching changes, yes the window is closed. No confidence and no fire. Can't win the tough grinding type of games when the players don't respect the coaches. Also can't win against great opposing coaching when our coaches have no.idea how to make adjustments.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It's not closed but the rest of the league has caught up to us. We no longer have the depth advantage or the advanced draft scouting we had the first few years when Pete had already scouted everyone extensively.

So, no our window is not closed, but we better adapt in a hurry because the league has.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Window might be closed and other teams can look right through it.
League has adapted to RW's sandlot style of QB play. He is more contained, hasn't developed the drop back timing of a long-term QB in this league which further exposed his limitations.

Playcalling is too often just plain dumb. Time management remains an issue.

Defense is hobbled/aging, despite its relatively young years. Lots of miles on those years due to a style that once demanded the league fear our D. That fear is all but gone, especially when facing a top-tier offense like Atlanta proved yesterday. Ryan carved us up.

The better team won yesterday - period. If the organization doesn't ask the real questions as to why they were the better team and we were not, then these short runs into the playoffs will continue, or perhaps diminish even more.

Lots of us have been hoping for the best all season while knowing another SB appearance was a long shot for this team. We were not a SB-caliber crew this season.

If that is to improve, changes need to be made.

P.S. Bevell sucks.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Could someone please post a list of the coaches and coordinators that have resumes equal or better the last 5 years than the Hawks. What are Shannahans Super Bowl offensive numbers?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":1y6rtrdc said:
Window closed??? Holy Hey-Zeus Christoff. Life long fan in Iowa.One lose in a playoff game and people calling for heads. Reminds me uninformed Hawkeye fans. Arguably one of the best rosters in league. Yes some holes need to patched but still a ridic roster
So you get to cheer for the Hawks and the Hawkeyes. Funky.
Got a question for ya too. Who is the last decent player to come out of the great state of Iowa that played for the Seahawks? I don't know the answer off the top of my head, but hoping you do.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
As a fan really the best you can hope for is to root for a team that over a 10-15 year stretch can make the playoffs about 80% of the time, and gets hot at the right time in a few of them and comes away with a couple super bowl wins.

The Hawks window hasn't closed by any stretch of the imagination, IMO.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Unless John and Pete can make the necessary decisions to improve, we will continue to be a "one and done" team!!! :stirthepot:

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":nbs4rst0 said:
Unless John and Pete can make the necessary decisions to improve, we will continue to be a "one and done" team!!! :stirthepot:

This is what people don't seem to be understanding. Being a one and done every year does not mean the window is wide open. This team has issues that the current regime just seems completely unwilling to address (going cheap on offensive line, poor coaching, etc.). Unless these are addressed, the Russell Wilson era will end with one championship.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3qo6e560 said:
th

Says so, it must be true.

Deion Sanders has been notoriously anti-Wilson. In fact, I can't remember one time he's EVER given Wilson credit for anything. He's always been critical or dismissive of him.

What frustrates me the most, is that despite all that he's accomplished and done, there are still those who question Wilson's ability as a pocket passer and QB. The guy has had to deal with a chicken shit offensive line and he's held to the same standard as Rodgers and Brady, who have AMAZING O-lines and have never had a line this bad

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
Aros":39pmvy6k said:
Come on man!

Yes this team has issues. Yes they need to be addressed and yes we are all sensitive after yet another divisional road playoff game where we come up on the short end but this idea that our window has closed blows me away.

This is not a post wearing blue and green colored glasses...Again, I get that there are serious issues that need to be addressed but we are STILL a top 10 team that could easily be top 3 again with the right strategic moves. We're not the Jaguars or Browns or 49ers (HA!) people...We are still considered one of the better teams in the league and you better believe that counts for something, even when there's warts that need to be addressed.

To say the Seahawks window has closed is like saying the Steelers window has closed or the Packers, etc...Despite this loss, we are still one of the best teams in the NFC.

I do think Richard should move on. I do think there are serious issues between the players and the coaches/coaching. Sherman's explosions on the sidelines this year was a manifestation of that.

Fix it Pete. Fix it John. I have every reason to believe in fact, that they will.

Surprised no one is discussing the exceptionally poor play of Steven Terrell. I don't have the stats but the dude was lost out there. Indecisive, shit loads of missed tackles etc. Falcons were clearly targeting him...it's why Sherm had to line up so deep on Julio, couldn't trust the over the top deep route coverage.

The window is just as open as it was this year. 2 trips to the SB and 5 straight divisional games? I would say any team not named "Patriots" would give their left nut to achieve that. The oline is sub par. Bottom percentage of the league. Until that changes, we're good enough to get to a divisional game.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Wenhawk":dbc01d4l said:
I be happy to see Gus Bradley come back to work in tandem with Richard.

Bradley had some issues at the end of games, but otherwise I would say he was a much better D-Coordinator than Richard. So I would welcome him back, too.

Latest posts