With OBJ Going to the Rams, Will Wilson Stay In Seattle?

seabowl

Reaction score
Maybe now Russ will realize that he already has 2 GREAT wr's on the team and throw to them, especially DK.

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3htmv1cy said:
Seymour":3htmv1cy said:
Question:

Since it rained today, will Russ stay in Seattle? :roll:

Russ doesn't play well in the rain, so definitely means he's gone.

Here's a thought, if Russell's bummed that he can't talk any of these free agents into coming to Seattle, maybe don't ask to not be traded but I really do want to be traded in the off season making your situation here look bad, which scares off free agents.

I'm sure that's why OBJ picked LA over Green Bay, who wants to deal with the Rodger's circus.

and again that's all great conjecture with no fact to support it. Here are facts

we through 25 times a game
we have 2 stud Wrs
why would a Wr want to come here and see 3-5 passes at most a game.

I know it is important for you to blame Wilson, but you have no proof OBJ or any other Wr did not come here because of Wilson. I just showed facts as to why they might not want to be here. Plus you cant even prove we even made a real attempt to get them. Then add in all 3 when to teams that are real contenders, something as of now we are not.

John63

Reaction score
seabowl":12rugq2a said:
Maybe now Russ will realize that he already has 2 GREAT wr's on the team and throw to them, especially DK.

Ahh let slook at that

Wilson was avg 25 pass attempts a game in the 5 games he played

Dk is avg 7.6 targets a game in the 5 games Wilson played that is 30.4% of the passes
Tyler 7 targets per game in the games Wilson played which is 28% of the passes

Seems DK is being targeted a lot as a percentage. the problem is we don't throw enough.

As a comparison
Cooper Kupp who leads the league in yards and targets is avg 11 per game but the rams throw 36 times per game and that means Kupp is getting targetted on 30.5 % of the passes the same as DK

So DK is getting targeted plenty as is Tyler.

Elemas

Reaction score
I don’t know if they’re connected but, would you want to come to Seattle as a WR?

That’s generic but…really. Would you? What about QB?

Waldron or PC?

There’s the answer.

Maybe if OBJ was a running back…but WR? Just like DK will leave when his contract is up (or be traded prior to).

Elemas

Reaction score
keasley45":10ypfzys said:
I think Russ has a pretty good idea as to why 'top flight' wr's aren't clamoring to come to Seattle. You can blame Pete or Russ, but the fact that Russ's no 1 wr over the years has been the guy with whom he's been able to develop the best rapport with off the scramble drill might not be so appealing. He and ADB had the mind meld before Lockett. Now Lock is his go to. Only after DK has it been shown that the no1 can be someone other than the slot guy with the uncanny ability to get open when Russ is on the move. And most of those money plays have been deep balls off of play action.

And I guarantee you that although we forum members may squabble about who's responsible for our offenses woes, any wr in the NFL looking to max his potential is going to crack open the game tape on Russ and the O and come to a pretty obvious conclusion - that our O is not one where even one Wr can put up career stats year over year within the flow of the offenses play calls, let alone three.

No degree of hype talk by Russ can overcome the film.

This…

sdog1981

Reaction score
Many people seem to think this is still 2016 OBJ that is playing. That guy has been missing for a long time in the NFL. Injuries have piled up and have slowed him down.

Check out his career numbers. He is more like Al Toon and Laverous Coles

Elemas

Reaction score
sdog1981":2mhuejd9 said:
Many people seem to think this is still 2016 OBJ that is playing. That guy has been missing for a long time in the NFL. Injuries have piled up and have slowed him down.

I agree but, it’s the addition of him to a team that already has a potent offense (i.e..the Rams) that makes him attractive. He breaks routes but gets open.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete is done. He that hasn't been a good coach in years. Pete just clings to dinosaur football because that is all he can bring to the table now.

(He was actually below average at most coaching for a while but made up for it by building strong rosters. Now he doesn't even do that.)

If Wilson wants to be relevant or try to fix his tarnished playoff record, he is going to have to force himself out from the team. Because Pete is a lead weight dragging Wilson down and destroying whatever remains of Wilson's playoff legacy.

There will be no playoff accomplishments, outside of some wildcards, under Pete. And Wilson probably wants more than that.

We will see what happens but Pete still has plenty of downside left, very little upside if any.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Russ might have been lobbying for OBJ, but I bet a couple WR were lobbying to not sign him.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
sdog1981":37mn2ee5 said:

He has been playing with a junk qb for a while which hasn't helped but even if all this is true and he isn't capable of being a good NFL receiver anymore it had little downside to find out and plenty of upside if it worked out.

Irregardless, I can understand why he opted elsewhere. We aren't the best chance at a superbowl and we don't offer the best opportunity for him to prove he's still got it & can put up big stats. Really he'd want to play with Russ above anything else for him to lean us and that didn't seem to be his priority

John63

Reaction score
GemCity":2ldvx0pv said:
keasley45":2ldvx0pv said:
I think Russ has a pretty good idea as to why 'top flight' wr's aren't clamoring to come to Seattle. You can blame Pete or Russ, but the fact that Russ's no 1 wr over the years has been the guy with whom he's been able to develop the best rapport with off the scramble drill might not be so appealing. He and ADB had the mind meld before Lockett. Now Lock is his go to. Only after DK has it been shown that the no1 can be someone other than the slot guy with the uncanny ability to get open when Russ is on the move. And most of those money plays have been deep balls off of play action.

And I guarantee you that although we forum members may squabble about who's responsible for our offenses woes, any wr in the NFL looking to max his potential is going to crack open the game tape on Russ and the O and come to a pretty obvious conclusion - that our O is not one where even one Wr can put up career stats year over year within the flow of the offenses play calls, let alone three.

No degree of hype talk by Russ can overcome the film.

This…

IF you are trying to blame Wilson I have already proven that is BS, if you are trying to blame the scheme I have also proven that is correct.

massari

Reaction score
Wilson reacting to OBJ to Rams news

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ramxsy/status/1458903422653116425[/tweet]

Crying happy

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
chris98251":jcvyq9xg said:
So Russell reached out to Gordon

In KC

Brown

In Tampa

OBJ

in L.A.

No wonder he plays football his batting average so far is .000

Go ahead argue those stats John63

:p

He lobbied for a good Oline too. Not sure this is on Russ.

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3vsnizk0 said:
chris98251":3vsnizk0 said:

In KC

Brown

In Tampa

OBJ

in L.A.

It's not but some need to make everything bad Wilson's fault.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":2l2l622i said:
pittpnthrs":2l2l622i said:
chris98251":2l2l622i said:

In KC

Brown

In Tampa

OBJ

in L.A.

No, just the receivers he has tried to get to come here, he has really went out of his way to try to sell us to them.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":1xpm3pha said:
John63":1xpm3pha said:
pittpnthrs":1xpm3pha said:
chris98251":1xpm3pha said:

In KC

Brown

In Tampa

OBJ

in L.A.

No, just the receivers he has tried to get to come here, he has really went out of his way to try to sell us to them.

And some here have tried to make it sound like it's Wilson's fault they will not come.

evergreen

Reaction score
He’s practically irrelevant now. I don’t think he’ll revive live AB did with Brady. Stanford is good but he’s not Brady. Still makes me want to puke how the Rams just got stars on both sides of the ball. We’ll see if a championship can. E bought that way if not. The dude sure did squat the last few years. The Rams are gonna have to pay the devil. They still owe a debt to him for their last NFCCG.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Completely agree with keasley45. The reason OBJ has no interest in coming to Seattle has nothing to do with Russ one way or another. I believe it's a direct reflection on Pete, and not wanting to play in a 90's style, unimaginative offense, particularly knowing he needs to leverage the rest of this season into a new contract next year.

If he were to play the rest of this season in Seattle, I believe his numbers would be rather pedestrian at best, not because he's not talented, but because of the philosophy and outdated offensive schemes Pete likes to run. That's not going to get him paid next year or beyond.

I'm a lifelong Seahawks fan, and if I was a free agent WR in the NFL, I wouldn't want to play in Seattle under PC either. The Rams run a dynamic modern style offense and I believe OBJ will thrive in that offense if he's healthy. Of course that's predicated on Stafford staying healthy as well.