With OBJ Going to the Rams, Will Wilson Stay In Seattle?

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Since apparently Russ was lobbying hard and personally reaching out to OBJ to come to Seattle and he signed with our division Rivals, do you think this impacts Wilson's desire to stay in Seattle? I can only guess that it appears no big free agents (or anyone Wilson has appealed to) has wanted to sign with the Seahawks that maybe our team isn't a preferable landing spot given our coaching and the direction the franchise is heading. Personally, I feel that we are several years from being a true contender and letting talent develop, coaching changes etc. I see this as something that may influence Wilson to start looking elsewhere because we are now entering an era of Super Teams in the NFC....

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
What does it have to do with Wilson staying? Lol OBJ has regressed to the point where he isn’t even considered a third option on most teams anymore. Wilson still has 3 years left on his contract guy
Take a seat

balakoth

Reaction score
Damn Arlos.. I forgot trades don't exist in the NFL anymore. Thanks for that heads up

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yes, Russ will stay in Seattle he is under contract and is under team control for awhile.
Next question.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Lol, not every league trade and transaction will determine Russell's entire NFL future.

What, Jerry Jones sneezed in Dallas...........does that mean Russell's leaving!??

James in PA

Reaction score
Russ seems to suck at recruiting big name, free agent wide receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
James in PA":hvv0pt1u said:

He should have done the sexy bedroom voice like I told him.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
balakoth":19eym5sm said:
Damn Arlos.. I forgot trades don't exist in the NFL anymore. Thanks for that heads up
You’re welcome. Wilson isn’t going anywhere as long as Pete is here so let that sink in. Shula never abandoned Marino although in hindsight maybe they should’ve to free up money for other positions. Marino never won a ring and Elway was like 90 when he finally had a team around him to get his 2. You act like trading Wilson will be fruitless. Get a grip McFly, Wilson is here to stay. As far as this season is concerned we haven’t thrown in the towel. We’re making the playoffs I guarantee it

chris98251

Reaction score
So Russell reached out to Gordon

In KC

Brown

In Tampa

OBJ

in L.A.

No wonder he plays football his batting average so far is .000

Go ahead argue those stats John63

:p

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":14enl4bv said:
James in PA":14enl4bv said:

He should have done the sexy bedroom voice like I told him.

LMAO!!!!

Ya know SGT Largent, If you would have told Russ in that sexy bedroom voice maybe he would have...

LTH

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":2fbmg9h6 said:

In KC

Brown

In Tampa

OBJ

in L.A.

Well I could given you are forgetting a number of people such as

Carson
Dunlap

both said they only signed back because of Wilson and I can name others throughout the year.

that said this is not a reflection on Wilson. This is a reflection on the FO. Wilson can talk till he is blue in the face but if the FO low ball someone or don't try we are not getting the person.

Why would OBJ want to come here we are not good, we have 2 stud wrs and only through the ball 25 times a game as it is. The rams are throwing it 35 times a game and are a serious contender.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
James in PA":vvgz4ni9 said:

He does..He should let Pete do it..Pete can strip his shirt off
and stare him down into signing.

Seymour

Reaction score
Question:

Since it rained today, will Russ stay in Seattle? :roll:

keasley45

Reaction score
I think Russ has a pretty good idea as to why 'top flight' wr's aren't clamoring to come to Seattle. You can blame Pete or Russ, but the fact that Russ's no 1 wr over the years has been the guy with whom he's been able to develop the best rapport with off the scramble drill might not be so appealing. He and ADB had the mind meld before Lockett. Now Lock is his go to. Only after DK has it been shown that the no1 can be someone other than the slot guy with the uncanny ability to get open when Russ is on the move. And most of those money plays have been deep balls off of play action.

And I guarantee you that although we forum members may squabble about who's responsible for our offenses woes, any wr in the NFL looking to max his potential is going to crack open the game tape on Russ and the O and come to a pretty obvious conclusion - that our O is not one where even one Wr can put up career stats year over year within the flow of the offenses play calls, let alone three.

No degree of hype talk by Russ can overcome the film.

John63

Reaction score
James in PA":1b1kpo7g said:

not really let see we through it 25 times a game the lowest in the league and we have 2 stud wrs. Why would any wr want to come here? Since 2012 we avg 29 pass attempts per season. Why would any big-time Wr want to be here, especially when you already have 2 studs and will see limited targets.

LTH

Reaction score
John63":2jzl7fkg said:
chris98251":2jzl7fkg said:

In KC

Brown

In Tampa

OBJ

in L.A.

Well I could given you are forgetting a number of people such as

Carson
Dunlap

both said they only signed back because of Wilson and I can name others throughout the year.

that said this is not a reflection on Wilson. This is a reflection on the FO. Wilson can talk till he is blue in the face but if the FO low ball someone or don't try we are not getting the person.

Why would OBJ want to come here we are not good, we have 2 stud wrs and only through the ball 25 times a game as it is. The rams are throwing it 35 times a game and are a serious contender.

I think everyone is not thinking that there is the great posibility that he signed with The Rams because Seattle didn't want him... Who knows what impact the Rams are going to have there was a reason why the Browns let him go and it may very well be a factor that helps the Seahawks vs the Rams..

LTH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2m0xg0io said:
Question:

Since it rained today, will Russ stay in Seattle? :roll:

Russ doesn't play well in the rain, so definitely means he's gone.

Here's a thought, if Russell's bummed that he can't talk any of these free agents into coming to Seattle, maybe don't ask to not be traded but I really do want to be traded in the off season making your situation here look bad, which scares off free agents.

I'm sure that's why OBJ picked LA over Green Bay, who wants to deal with the Rodger's circus.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
chris98251":3vzl585g said:

In KC

Brown

In Tampa

OBJ

in L.A.

Today was a good day til this

Rat

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if he wants to go; he has several years of his deal left and the franchise tag is always an option.

Don't be surprised if he holds out soon though. Not because of this, but more due to the deals signed by Mahomes, Allen, Dak, and imminently Lamar Jackson.