With Seahawks reeling, Russell Wilson under the microscope

mrt144

Reaction score
Seafan":308578sb said:
RW has the largest share of blame for this season and the best chance at redeeming it. I don't expect he will.

So like, did RW's family buy your childhood home and bulldoze it?

StoneCold

Reaction score
scutterhawk":182ei72t said:
StoneCold":182ei72t said:
Are you really throwing someone under the bus when you tell the truth and it's something everyone already knows?
That's just it, it ain't the truth.
Just because you're declaring it to be the truth, doesn't make it so.
I've heard other well respected Analyst's say that MOST of the fault lies with the Coaches trying to get by on the cheap with the O'-line, and it's obvious that THAT 's the truth of the matter.
Wilson can play better, but he can't call for protection that REGULARLY evaporates in 1.5 to 2.6 Seconds, and have time to pull those plays out of a nose dive.
It's Consistency that is NOT THERE.
Hell, I'm surprised that Wilson hasn't developed a stuttering problem.
Nice that HIS Coaches, that supposedly has his best interest in mind, are the ones that are pointing the finger at him, and all the while it's THEIR ineptitude, THEIR mistakes that he keeps to himself in his interviews with the media.

I'm referring to the specific quote in this thread from Bevell that Wilson didn't give Doug a chance to catch the pass on the 2 pt conversion. That was a poorly thrown pass and was tossed up within a second of the snap. No rush forced RW to throw that pass.

The play of our Oline is a different discussion. Begins with" They bad" and ends with "They not good".

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3nf05nld said:
mikeak":3nf05nld said:
DavidSeven":3nf05nld said:
Carroll and Cable have been throwing subtle shade at the QB play going back to last season. This is not specific to one coach or a particularly new phenomenon. It is a lot of the same things that some on this forum have been seeing since that time.

What that does point to is a philosophical difference with the teams QB.

Maybe Cable, Carroll and Bevell needs to understand the strenghts of the QB and try to gameplan accordingly instead of complaining when he doesn't align with their plan........

What strength would that be....running? Scrambling around and hitting broken plays down field?

I'm not entirely sure what other major "strengths" he has at this point.
Me either I see none . The o line will get fixed next year the OC will be gone too. And then there will be RW
And I'll call it now you will see the same guy his game has not changed IMHO .
Broken plays scramble won't throw to a contested WR .

hawkfannj

Reaction score
hawkfannj":y39zcikt said:
Hawkpower":y39zcikt said:
mikeak":y39zcikt said:
DavidSeven":y39zcikt said:
Carroll and Cable have been throwing subtle shade at the QB play going back to last season. This is not specific to one coach or a particularly new phenomenon. It is a lot of the same things that some on this forum have been seeing since that time.

Maybe Cable, Carroll and Bevell needs to understand the strenghts of the QB and try to gameplan accordingly instead of complaining when he doesn't align with their plan........

What strength would that be....running? Scrambling around and hitting broken plays down field?

Me either I see none . The o line will get fixed next year the OC will be gone too. And then there will be RW
Oline wahhhhh OC wahhhhhhh Cable wahhhh blah blah blah .

mrt144

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1csoylca said:
Hawkpower":1csoylca said:
mikeak":1csoylca said:
DavidSeven":1csoylca said:

Have fun being miserable and correct then, i guess.

hawkfannj

Reaction score

I'm not entirely sure what other major "strengths" he has at this point.[/quote]
Broken plays scramble won't throw to a contested WR .[/quote]

Have fun being miserable and correct then, i guess.[/quote]

Oh the contrary I'm not miserable this guy has no effect on my life.You can go put another picture of RW on your hidden shrine you got building .
Wahhhhhhhhhh you criticized RW wahhhhhhhhh

hawkfannj

Reaction score
mrt144":o7qwfwnw said:
You are a pleasure to communicate with.
Wahhhhhhh sniff sniff . Well if you actually added something useful to the conversation we could actually communicate sarcasm get sarcasm

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/status/666275360368005120[/tweet]

Where's there's smoke...there's a fire.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":f6zmzytz said:
12thbrah":f6zmzytz said:
The CBS article was pretty spot on to me. Bevell and Cable wouldn't criticize Wilson if they didn't think he could handle it. I'm sure Russ would be the first to admit he needs to play better. You get a $20 million / year contract you better make those plays.

The question in this thread is whether Bevell is actively making it harder for Russell to succeed.

In previous years, Wilson could scramble out of things and find someone open for 40 yards downfield. This year, defensive front sevens have finally figured out that they need to contain the edges and not let him out, so they do. Which means Wilson's improvising days are over, and we finally get to see how effective our gameplan is because Wilson has to rely fully on it.

So far, I'm not impressed.

Ditto. Go ahead and bash Russ. What the hell ever. Give him a good pass blocking o-line and someone with the smarts to help him see the field better via scheme and play calling and watch the results. Do you all really think that extra one inch taller Drew Brees is really makes that much difference in how he sees the field or is it about o-line pass blocking and/or scheme? Seriously, someone, anyone come in here and tell me that one inch is all the difference and it's not scheme, play calling and pass blocking.

Now if you want to discuss Russ being distracted and having too much on his plate and celebrity, I'm open to that being a PART of his problems.

olyfan63

Reaction score
mikeak":tg75qcm9 said:
Bevell blamed RW and Cable blamed him as well. Don't have the actual quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... atest-loss

Offensive line coach Tom Cable, who is holding the O-line together with duct tape and chicken wire, blamed Wilson for both sacks.

I PERSONALLY HATE when the team goes to the media like this.

If they want stuff to stay in the locker room then they better start with looking in the mirror. Bevell takes ZERO responsibility for his errors and I don't recall Cable coming out and saying that his guys had multiple holding calls and continue to let guys come through and that he is responsible for that.

Start with yourself and then work internally with others.

It's hard to see how Bevell isn't gone after this year unless there's a MASSIVE course correction by the team, reel off 6 wins in a row, etc. I'm sure Pete just cringes every time Bevell throws players under the bus in pressers. When things are going well and the team is winning some of this can be overlooked.

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawkfannj":11faoof7 said:
Hawkpower":11faoof7 said:
mikeak":11faoof7 said:
DavidSeven":11faoof7 said:

:pukeface:

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seafan":160j42vz said:
RW has the largest share of blame for this season and the best chance at redeeming it. I don't expect he will.

yeah that would be incorrect on all fronts but hey why let a lie get in the way of the truth

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawkfannj":3sfsijed said:

Broken plays scramble won't throw to a contested WR .[/quote]

Have fun being miserable and correct then, i guess.[/quote]

Oh the contrary I'm not miserable this guy has no effect on my life.You can go put another picture of RW on your hidden shrine you got building .
Wahhhhhhhhhh you criticized RW wahhhhhhhhh[/quote]

thats because you do not want to see them, DId you know, I am guessing you do not, he has one of the top complt% form in the pocket? OF course not enough said go be miserable some place else