Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Oakland Colissuem

Votes: 26 30.6%

• Total voters

RiverDog

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":t2ccrste said:
rideaducati":t2ccrste said:
.............Real NFL teams have no excuses for poor field conditions. If they can't keep their field in good condition, they shouldn't be allowed to retain natural turf.
This.

If 'ol Rog was as concerned about player safety as he proclaims to be, he'd force Snyder, McCaskey (Bears owner) and the Rooneys (Stealers) to put field turf down to replace those freakin' cow pastures they call fields. But of course he's not. He's actually only concerned about image and staving off lawsuits so he does nothing when a bright young player like RGIII gets hurt (along with Chris Clemons).

I'll second that. FedEx Field is also the same place Adrian Peterson blew out his knee. But I'll go beyond 'Ol Rog and include the player's union in their lack of urgency to fix it. If they truly cared about the welfare of their members, they ought to be outraged by the playing conditions, organize a protest, threaten to boycott games that are held there, raise Holy hell.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RiverDog":eduno9kv said:
hawksfansinceday1":eduno9kv said:
rideaducati":eduno9kv said:
.............Real NFL teams have no excuses for poor field conditions. If they can't keep their field in good condition, they shouldn't be allowed to retain natural turf.
This.

If 'ol Rog was as concerned about player safety as he proclaims to be, he'd force Snyder, McCaskey (Bears owner) and the Rooneys (Stealers) to put field turf down to replace those freakin' cow pastures they call fields. But of course he's not. He's actually only concerned about image and staving off lawsuits so he does nothing when a bright young player like RGIII gets hurt (along with Chris Clemons).

I'll second that. FedEx Field is also the same place Adrian Peterson blew out his knee. But I'll go beyond 'Ol Rog and include the player's union in their lack of urgency to fix it. If they truly cared about the welfare of their members, they ought to be outraged by the playing conditions, organize a protest, threaten to boycott games that are held there, raise Holy hell.
VERY fair point Dog. It does go both ways.

RiverDog

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":tuj5xpge said:
Maulbert":tuj5xpge said:
RiverDog":tuj5xpge said:
The worst field conditions in recent times was at Pittsburgh's Heinz Field following a heavy rain storm. At one point during the game, a punt that was allowed to bounce stuck in the mud like a turd from a tall pony.

I remember seeing that game. Probably the worst game I ever saw. The ball hit the field like a lawn dart. I think Pittsburgh beat Miami 3-0.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7DTNEa2E7w Voila! You can see it better starting at the 18 second mark.

Yea, me, too. Hawks-Chiefs in Arrowhead a few years back was pretty bad, too, the one where it rained something like 5 inches in one hour and had to be delayed. IMO those are anomalies that can be excused. FedEx has no such excuse.

IMO they need to institute a committee composed of former players/coaches/experts to monitor the condition of all NFL fields throughout the season and give them the power to mandate improvements, such as a total replacement of the field surface during the season. New England replaced their natural grass field with Field Turf within a week in midseason and Green Bay replaced their natural grass field just prior to hosting a playoff game, so it can be done.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":3ckwxqi2 said:
The fact that Levis is even on this list speaks to the homeristic fail of the entire post.
WROOOONNNNGGGG!
Are they not on their 3rd "sod" and have yet to play a regular season game there? Like I've said in other threads, you calling anyone a homer is the ultimate act of hypocrisy!

bmorepunk

Reaction score
As a point of interest, Justin Tucker (Ravens) has the grounds keeping crew jack up a kicking area for him at the Ravens' practice facility to mimic playing at Heinz Field and and FirstEnergy Stadium.

Heinz Field is a mess and the Steelers love it.

Jville

Reaction score
bmorepunk":30tzfty2 said:
As a point of interest, Justin Tucker (Ravens) has the grounds keeping crew jack up a kicking area for him at the Ravens' practice facility to mimic playing at Heinz Field and and FirstEnergy Stadium.

Heinz Field is a mess and the Steelers love it.

The Steelers love a bad field? Not true. Not true at all.

mikeak

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2n4h9kaz said:
mikeak":2n4h9kaz said:
Amazing. How do you guys keep arguing fedex field

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/16 ... edex-field

IT WAS REDONE

Because they saw the playoff game there from 20 months ago. It must be the same, right?

They're even planning on re-sodding it after week 7 this year so it won't be torn to crap by the time they get to the end of the season.

It was redone after our playoff game and the resoding was implemented last year.

RiverDog

Reaction score
mikeak":3tm9fitz said:

IT WAS REDONE

The fact that it has been redone is beside the point. We were using it as an example of gross neglect. It took some high profile players to suffer career threatening injuries on it before they finally addressed it. The field should have never been allowed to get into that condition in the first place.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ I am sorry I misread the title of the thread. Thought it asked which field is the worst in the NFL

Fedex field is an example of players having enough

Soldier field suffers because the city is in charge of the field. Some weird situation that hinders it from getting better

chris98251

Reaction score
mikeak":e45kw03e said:
^ I am sorry I misread the title of the thread. Thought it asked which field is the worst in the NFL

Soldier field suffers because the city is in charge of the field. Some weird situation that hinders it from getting better

You mean like Seattle thinking Poetry readings are more important?

RiverDog

Reaction score
mikeak":2eaf561n said:

Discussions often times wander from the OP.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I'd like to see an actual breakdown of injuries per field of Natural vs artificial. Might be a little difficult to be real accurate with the deterioration of fields over the course of the season but maybe a month to month comparison so you can get an idea of how good grass vs poor equates.

It's definitely something that needs to be looked into and the fact it really hasn't been or at least appears to haven't been, is IMO a black eye on the NFL's supposed statement of player safety. It really wouldn't be that hard to justify the fields or determine if they are dangerous.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2ynanpne said:
Marvin49":2ynanpne said:
The fact that Levis is even on this list speaks to the homeristic fail of the entire post.

No kidding. It's not like they just had to redo the entire thing.

...which has already been done.

Largent80

Reaction score
Field Turf. Equal for all teams, and no huge list of excuses as to why the grass didn't/doesn't grow.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
RiverDog":32td192c said:
mikeak":32td192c said:

IT WAS REDONE

The fact that it has been redone is beside the point. We were using it as an example of gross neglect. It took some high profile players to suffer career threatening injuries on it before they finally addressed it. The field should have never been allowed to get into that condition in the first place.

The OP started a poll:

Which stadium has the worst field?

Options:

Soldier Field
RFK Stadium
Levi Stadium
Oakland Colissuem

How is improving the quality of "RFK Stadium" beside the point? The point of the thread is which stadium has the worst field. Is improving something that sucked not applicable to the current state of the field? Or are we only talking about the field in the Wild Card game from two years ago as if it is the field now and then comparing it to a brand new field that the 49ers are to play on?

Sherminator

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":19852n1p said:
Marvin49":19852n1p said:
WROOOONNNNGGGG!
Are they not on their 3rd "sod" and have yet to play a regular season game there? Like I've said in other threads, you calling anyone a homer is the ultimate act of hypocrisy!

There has yet to be a regular season football game played on that field and it's in contention?
Homerism

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sherminator":iaft1vit said:
Sports Hernia":iaft1vit said:
Marvin49":iaft1vit said:
WROOOONNNNGGGG!

There has yet to be a regular season football game played on that field and it's in contention?
Homerism
You are right, the field was perfect and they just re-sodded it twice for ****s and giggles!
:roll: