Worst Officiating Since SBXL*

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Awful overall. Hurt the flow of the game and made it significantly less entertaining. I want full time refs so badly. This season has been historically bad. Did anyone see the cinci 'td'? Some ridiculous crap every week that significantly alters the games outcomes.

I did think 49ers were holding our d-line a lot. Surprised to see zero calls on that front...

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
joeseahawks":fe015kvq said:
I think the issue was all the offensive holding calls on the 49ers linesmen, when CK7 was trying to buy time. I cannot believe that our D-Line wasn't held on many of these pushes. Referees need to focus on those as well as all the actions going on with the DBs and WRs.

I swear this happens every single game. Drives me crazy.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
It just felt like three teams were on the field. The officiating in this league needs to be sorted out. They are becoming THE game rather than the players. I really tire of watching big plays and waiting for flags, rather than enjoying the athletic talent on the field.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
The 49ers o-line were hugging our guys and not getting called. The timing and way calls were done was retarded at best. Big play and boom there is a flag. Third down and bam there is another flag. It is the flags that truly effect the game that are irritating. I didn't see but maybe one real bad call against 49ers.

hawker84

Reaction score
let's just call it the way it is, the officiating has become unbearable league wide week after week, and you can thank Goodell for that. Until the fans make a stand, whatever that may be, this is what you're going to get. So instead of hoping the officiating crew calls a good game, maybe it be easier hoping the officiating crew calls a fair and consistant game.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The lack of holding calls is peeved me. But, it was bad both ways.

I personally think the game against the Colts was officiated much worse, and much more one-sided.

Jville

Reaction score
If you were talking about the broadcast, I would agree.

That was a horribly bias broadcast. If broadcast crews were graded like officials, that Fox crew would be downgraded out of any consideration for a playoff gig.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
This season as a whole every team almost every game it's been pretty bad

Blitzer88

Reaction score
The problems I had were on the non-fumble play, the ref originally made the signal that is butt had hit the ground not that his momentum had stopped. Also the facemask on Mike Rob was a terrible call!

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Eh, I'm not on board with with the "bad both ways" tide. When you tally up the ledger, the home team got the best of it ref-wise, and I don't feel like that's really in dispute. You could quibble about the percentage -- 51-49? 55-45? 60-40? -- but not balance on the scale. That's one of the big sources of home-field advantage in the NFL.

It was a close game between two fairly even teams that turned on one big play and a preponderance of laundry to allow the lesser team to snatch it.

Agree with the observation above about the big grin on the ref's face after the long run. That was... off-putting.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am willing to admit I am wrong, again, it was my perception based on watching the game at a restaurant full of 12's. I will re-watch the game on DVR tonight and most likely agree it wasn't as one-sided as it appeared on first glance.

STILL...They (the refs) did not earn their paychecks in this game period.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":njkq04ne said:
There were plenty of opportunities for calls to go against us all game, opportunities that were not taken advantage of.

Somehow I doubt that referees actively scheming against the Seahawks led to a lowly less than a FG win.

We lost the moment the punt return brought the ball to the 30 and we didn't bother to score a TD there. We had opportunities, we just chose not to take advantage of them.

Now let's hope that doesn't hurt us in winning the Conference.

We clearly need homefield advantage.

we don"t "clearly need" homefield

this team is the best team in the nfl on the road< they are just otherworldly at home

I have complete faith this team could reach the super bowl as a six seed

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
No offense, but I think comparing the two games minimizes the miscarriage of justice that was SBXL and lends ammo to those that think Hawk fans are just a bunch of whiners.

This game wasn't 1% as bad as XL.

Jville

Reaction score
Aros":2nawc2gl said:
I am willing to admit I am wrong, again, it was my perception based on watching the game at a restaurant full of 12's. I will re-watch the game on DVR tonight and most likely agree it wasn't as one-sided as it appeared on first glance.

STILL...They (the refs) did not earn their paychecks in this game period.

What about the broadcast team?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkFan72":kjn0qw4s said:
Frohawk25360":kjn0qw4s said:
I didn't like a lot if the calls but for me above all it wasn't the flags that ended my faith in the refs but that fumble that they originally called down then when we challenged (and would have won) they change their mind an say his forward momentum was stopped

The 49ers didn't score any points on that drive. It sucked to not get the fumble, but it wasn't the end of the world. SF was already past or near midfield so it's not like we would have been in the redzone either.
It took time off the clock though, and that could be the difference between a game winning FG and a loss.

The Hawks played, coached, play called, and executed like poo today, as did the niners, but who were just slightly better IMHO, but to act like the zebras had zero effect on the game is an bogus and disingenuous argument.

If the Hawks bring their "A game" today they win no problem, and that's what I thought it would take because I EXPECTED a piss poorly officiated game on the road.

The NFL got their "desired results"......

Hawks need to get pissed, fix the problems in all facets of the game, and kick the living crap out of Rog's favorite team next week, and all is good! :th2thumbs:

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
BGHawk":2zjf1ix5 said:
Horrible..worst I've ever seen.

Two questions:
1. How long have you been watching football?
2. When you leave the movie theater, do you find that you give a stronger yay or nay to a movie than you end up feeling about it several months later?

mikeak

Reaction score
ivotuk":2jakhr6l said:
I think it's the emotions talking but that one referee couldn't have smiled any bigger when Gore ripped off that 51 yards. Yes some of the calls were bass, the face masks were 5 yards at most, but we still sold have beat them.

So bad refs cause they didn't change to rules that haven't been in play for about 6-8 years?

Facemask is 15 yards or not called.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":ns4auf8c said:
Let me be crystal clear. The 49ers won fair-and-square. I am not taking anything away from them in terms of doing what they needed to do to win the game.

Yet, it was SICKENING to see how obviously one-sided the flags were for 90% of the game. I watched the game in a local restaurant with many other 12's and the feeling was unanimous. Maybe 4 penalties were on us but the rest were JOKES. PLEASE NFL investigate this garbage. God forbid we admit the games are fixed but games like this I would bet my life the refs have the fix in for who they want to win.

Yes I am hot and angry right now. I haven't watched the game yet so maybe I will change my mind but I honestly doubt it.

This felt like SBXL* all over again. Whenever we made a big play, the flags were quick to fly.

Whatever. We're still on top in the NFC at 11-2 but anytime you see that douche team smile and celebrate you just want to puke.

Good news? If we get them in the playoffs they are TOAST.
Nope, but it could crack the top 5. Chicago last year, and Indy this year were worse IMHO. Douchebaugh had to sell his black soul to the devil to win today, IF SF makes it up here in the playoffs, it will be another 26+ curbstomping. :mrgreen: :th2thumbs:

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Jeremy Lanes face mask call was not a face mask. That was a Bs call. If I have ever seen. One. Refs missed a holding call on the Niners on pass rush, I believe it was Bennett that got held, turned his whole direction on the hold. Several game changing calls. However, one big play was what did the Hawks in.

Latest posts