Worst Officiating Since SBXL*

Rainger

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":x6wwqb7u said:
rainger":x6wwqb7u said:
I never said it was a grand conspiracy. I said there are dishonest refs, and the apologists on this site think they are all honest. I have a lesser belief of humans or that %100 of the refs are honest. I believe that different refs have different money on different games and to think they are %100 honest is to defy logic of humans.

Okay so individual officials were betting against us in this game? No they weren't, but let's go with it.

They did a pretty crappy job of fixing things. I mean...we covered the spread. We were getting 2.5 points here. If they bet against us in this game, they lost. What caused them to not finish the job?
They tried hard but we, we beat them in tis regard. we lost the game but they lost their money cause they could not do enough to stop us.

Rainger

Reaction score
Oh god so so naïve are the youth. So 80% of your politicians are corrupt, 70% of the media is deceptive. %60 of the legal profession manipulates But %100 of NFL officials are all honest and would never make a call to influence a drive or outcome.

RIGHT. It is true that they don't always win with their attempts to influence a game. My GF asked if you can see that on any given Sunday the officials are dishonest and trying to fix the game why do you continue to watch, I always answer, Because I want to see my team beat not only the other team but the officials as well.

We couldn't do it in Detroit but will this year.

PS I am not just talking about the Hawks. It is happening every week in every game.

mrblitz

Reaction score
i don't know rainger... i've had my own suspicions about certain games in the past, but it almost looks now as though the officials are officially incompetent.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aros":1jufso8n said:
Let me be crystal clear. The 49ers won fair-and-square. I am not taking anything away from them in terms of doing what they needed to do to win the game.

Yet, it was SICKENING to see how obviously one-sided the flags were for 90% of the game. I watched the game in a local restaurant with many other 12's and the feeling was unanimous. Maybe 4 penalties were on us but the rest were JOKES. PLEASE NFL investigate this garbage. God forbid we admit the games are fixed but games like this I would bet my life the refs have the fix in for who they want to win.

Yes I am hot and angry right now. I haven't watched the game yet so maybe I will change my mind but I honestly doubt it.

This felt like SBXL* all over again. Whenever we made a big play, the flags were quick to fly.

Whatever. We're still on top in the NFC at 11-2 but anytime you see that douche team smile and celebrate you just want to puke.

Good news? If we get them in the playoffs they are TOAST.
I think I get what you mean.
It isn't so much that it's a win, or a loss, but a butt load of calls/non-calls that are ruining some of these games that have me pissed off.
I see it as a bad trend, without accountability, and no one (in control) seems to care that it gets fixed or not.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
rainger":38qqwe3h said:
MidwestHawker":38qqwe3h said:
rainger":38qqwe3h said:
I never said it was a grand conspiracy. I said there are dishonest refs, and the apologists on this site think they are all honest. I have a lesser belief of humans or that %100 of the refs are honest. I believe that different refs have different money on different games and to think they are %100 honest is to defy logic of humans.

Okay so individual officials were betting against us in this game? No they weren't, but let's go with it.

They did a pretty crappy job of fixing things. I mean...we covered the spread. We were getting 2.5 points here. If they bet against us in this game, they lost. What caused them to not finish the job?
They tried hard but we, we beat them in tis regard. we lost the game but they lost their money cause they could not do enough to stop us.

3wTdd

Rainger

Reaction score
mrblitz":1qiueopf said:
i don't know rainger... i've had my own suspicions about certain games in the past, but it almost looks now as though the officials are officially incompetent.
LOL :) yea maybe I am just a crotchety old man. Thanks for a light response because I needed it, because I have seen so many corrupt games over so many years, and so many people just want to put their head in the sand and say it doesn't exist. Maybe u r right it is all just incompetence.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
rainger":3nt6julp said:
Oh god so so naïve are the youth. So 80% of your politicians are corrupt, 70% of the media is deceptive. %60 of the legal profession manipulates But %100 of NFL officials are all honest and would never make a call to influence a drive or outcome.

RIGHT. It is true that they don't always win with their attempts to influence a game. My GF asked if you can see that on any given Sunday the officials are dishonest and trying to fix the game why do you continue to watch, I always answer, Because I want to see my team beat not only the other team but the officials as well.

PS I am not just talking about the Hawks. It is happening every week in every game.

JiFfM

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
And I also second what Sarlacc said. The Colts game was worse. It was a lot more one-sided. This officiating was a bit overly flag-happy but I don't think it substantially influenced the outcome.

Rainger

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2owjdafr said:
rainger":2owjdafr said:

JiFfM
Typical response from this .net member. Cant articulate a response to any thread that he cant reason with so resorts to clips etc to put down.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
What I saw online stated that the Seahawks have never won a game with this particular piece of S... Officiating Crew... They were horrible on many calls, and it did lean against us at very important drives of the game.. We didn't just lose against SF, we lost against the Ref's. The good news is we still beat the Point Spred....

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Hawkboi":3vyspate said:
What I saw online stated that the Seahawks have never won a game with this particular piece of S... Officiating Crew... They were horrible on many calls, and it did lean against us at very important drives of the game.. We didn't just lose against SF, we lost against the Ref's. The good news is we still beat the Point Spred....

They officiated our win over the Patriots last year.

nsport

Reaction score
It's tough to look at this problem without bias - after all, we were the team that "got shafted" like a Tijuana pole vault pit. <--- that's new material!

From the other side, it's true - our db's are muggers. BIG TIME. Much more than any other team, but it is naive to say that every other team doesn't do the same thing many times in literally every game. That being said, the TV announcers even mentioned that they can't call holding, PI, and illegal contact on every pass play on our db's. And, since every other team does it routinely in every game, I would not be so concerned about our public perception as being muggers.

However, it did strike me that the Seahawks were not given many calls on game impacting plays like the Niners did. The phantom "forward progress" call on a fumble and clear recovery by the Hawks. The numerous drive extending penalties - some ticky-tack but enough to make a difference. But what was ignored were the non-calls on their line. As we watched the game, we'd see blatant take-downs by the OL right in front of the ref that did not get called. My buddy and I looked at each other wondering how they could not call that after penalizing Seattle on numerous times for their holding calls (by OL and DB's).

It's really frustrating as a fan to watch - although I know it's impossible to ask for sympathy when a) our team has a reputation for playing "too rough" and gaining the benefit of non-calls on defense and b) we lead the league in penalties accepted.

Latest posts