Would the Hawks been better off if.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
I just think we would be better off with Percy Harvin, Cliff Avril, Chris Clemons, and Bruce Irvin on the field.

Jiggy

Reaction score
346%20-%20horrible%20idea%20office-space.jpg

Cartire

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3g45xoge said:
Imagine how great it would have been if we lost last week AND lost to the Niners AND even the Jags, but people made fun of us then we got all pissed off and won ALL the rest of our games AND the Super Bowl!!!

I think that might have been the best thing.

Im thinking doing what the Patriots couldnt do would be far more satisfying then proving people wrong after starting off 0-3.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Cartire":hivssopw said:
bestfightstory":hivssopw said:
Imagine how great it would have been if we lost last week AND lost to the Niners AND even the Jags, but people made fun of us then we got all pissed off and won ALL the rest of our games AND the Super Bowl!!!

I think that might have been the best thing.

Im thinking doing what the Patriots couldnt do would be far more satisfying then proving people wrong after starting off 0-3.

Fine. Have it your way. :th2thumbs:

But if the Seahawks only go 15-1 or 14-2 theseahawkguy and I will remind you about what could have been.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Is this question for real? Answer, No!

As a past coach once said "You play the games to win!"

The Hawks won, should they be giving the W back to Carolina along with an excuse me? Are you freaking kidding?

Some people are over thinking. They won, I'm happy, next team up.

Hawks46

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":13bmikg1 said:
oh god.... what a defeatist attitude....

we finally win our first road game of the season and people are upset we won...?

And we wonder why the rest of the fan bases call Seahawks fans whiners and pussies. And coffeee drinking hippies.

Seriously, we ground out a tough road game against a quality opponent. Sure, it was ugly, but we won it. Can't we at least be happy about that ?

And what about establishing a culture of winning....especially outside of CLink ? It's funny, we get all pissed when people bring up our abysmal road record for the history of the franchise and rail to the football media gods "why can't they look at this year ? That's the past, it doesn't matter now!" Then we win and people post this stuff. Just....wow.

plyka

Reaction score
theseahawkguy":3pzjt7q1 said:
They lost the first game? In recent memory the season of 2005 where the Hawks would have won the super bowl if it were not for the striped shirts, they lost the first game on the road to Jacksonville. Then last year losing at Arizona the first game of the year translated to an 11-5 season. Not sure how the 1984 Seattle Seahawks did on their first game but they did finish 12-4.

Or perhaps we can finally win the first four games and that proves to be the difference maker in winning it all?

Hoping this is the year we do it, go hawks!

Now if there was any connection in the whole wide world between losing the first game and making it to the SuperBowl, i suspect every team would attempt to hire me as their QB for game #1, and perhaps you as the RB.

chawx

Reaction score
jammerhawk":59akx6b2 said:
Is this question for real? Answer, No!

As a past coach once said "You play the games to win!"

The Hawks won, should they be giving the W back to Carolina along with an excuse me? Are you freaking kidding?

Some people are over thinking. They won, I'm happy, next team up.

[youtube]IMk5sMHj58I[/youtube]
500th time posted on .NET // what do I win?

niveky

Reaction score
i think they got kicked in the sack enough by a feisty Carolina team in a WIN that they are still plenty aware that they have plenty of room to improve and they have plenty of motivation to put out their best effort this week anyways due to the best match up of the week at home against the hated 9'ers/

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Home field is the only thing that matters. Losing games does not help get home field.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
bestfightstory":2t0qlj12 said:
THIS CANNOT BE OVERSTATED.

Nobody can come into Seahawks Stadium, in the postseason, and feel confident. It is a slaughterhouse.

We deserve to have that experience again.

There is no greater rush in sports, IMO. It's downright transcendental.

I want the number one seed. Which is why I go berserk after every single regular season loss. They ALL matter.

I cannot agree more, Big Poppa. Without HFA, we all deny ourselves not only as sure a ticket as we can get to punch to NY, but an experience that lasts a lifetime.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1zg7scgp said:
theseahawkguy":1zg7scgp said:
Would the Hawks been better off if they lost the first game?

The NFL, like many sports leagues, uses a somewhat abstract organizational structure, in which teams are split into groups (called "conferences"), and then those groups are subdivided into smaller groups (called "divisions"). If a team makes the playoffs or not is based on 1) winning the most games in their division, and 2) if they do not win the most games in their division, winning the most games among teams in their conference who did not win the most games in their division.

Because of this extraordinarily high level of emphasis placed on the number of games a team has won in allocating playoff spots, teams are better off winning games than losing them, and should really go out of their way to try to win games whenever possible.

It can admittedly seem complicated at first, but over time the way the system is set up begins to feel more intuitive.

Hope this helps. :)

Wow I did not know that! I think this will clear up a lot of confusion with some people. :thirishdrinkers:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It's been proven that you learn better from your successes than from your mistakes. Winning is truly contagious.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
lukerguy":t6sntzdc said:
No, but I feel like it's almost better for SF to have won their game vs GB. They couldn't start 0-2, so this gives them some compromise when they go 1-1

Yeah, totally disagree with the OP obviously, but there's a chance that our equity in this game went up thanks to SF's win against GB.

"Throw your soldiers into positions whence there is no escape, and they will prefer death to flight. If they will face death, there is nothing they may not achieve. Officers and men alike will put forth their uttermost strength." - Sun Tzu

Leaving the Clink at 1-1 won't feel nearly as much like a disaster to SF as leaving 0-2 would.

Latest posts