Would y'all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkStar22

Reaction score
Of course!

Let's see...

He's proven
One of the best punt returners in the game (which we need)
He's extremely fast
Has great YAC ability

I hope we draft a WR, but adding Jackson gives us a proven vet who is still in his prime. A rookie is always a gamble. Additionally, adding Jackson gives us the opportunity to develop a rookie WR without losing a step on offense or in the return game. He's also great depth in case of injury.

Our offense is already very good, but adding DJack would take it to another level. If you think about we would basically have a pro bowler at almost every position.

Largent80

Reaction score
Wouldn't make sense for the Hawks to spend a buttload more at WR at this point unless they want to focus their draft picks elsewhere.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ManBunts":3qt0d1hr said:
Nope. He's apparently spending his off field time hanging with gang members in LA. So he'll be drafted by the Raiders.

Besides, he's redundant to Percy, and with the cash we'd have to pay him, we could easily take a gamble on a Kenny Britt type character that will fill a more needed role for us, and have money to spare.

At this moment though, I think the only offensive weapons we add are to the line.

He's redundant to Percy? howso? They both play WR in the NFL?

Jackson is a deep pass threat, Harvin a LOS threat. two very different types of receivers in what they can offer the team.

Im not saying we should go get him (although for something like 4-6 mill he'd be worth a look) but its not because he's something we already have.

the draft seems deep in the position, so no need to overspend. but the dudes a game changer (and returns punts)

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Stop thinking about this in terms of money OR help at WR. This guy is a known gang affiliate of the gang variety and is close with other crips who are currently on trial for murder. While he's not a suspect himself I've already seen tweets from some of his teammates in relief that this happened.

This guy is a potential Hernandez waiting to happen. He's a POS.

If you still don't care, you can take your greed and shove it up your....

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
G-Money":2w2him2n said:
SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 10m

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Seahawks swooped in on Jackson and gave him a prove-it deal.

"prove-it deal" is the new "next man up" seems...... :thfight7:

jblaze

Reaction score
This would probably lock up our WR corp which would be nice. We could take a developmental WR later in the draft instead of having to go early. We still need a big WR but maybe Chris Matthews fills that role? I know the Hawks like him a lot.

So DeSean as the #1 speed guy and Baldwin as the #2 possession guy on the outside, Percy in the slot/backfield. That's insane.

Pete doesn't seem to have a problem bringing in guys with troubled pasts and he has a good track record of turning them around. Our locker room has great leadership already and the atmosphere would likely allow him some freedom which may or may not be a good thing.

One thing is sure, whoever gets him will have clauses to protect them just in case. He also likely gets a 1 or 2 year prove it deal as his reputation is tarnished right now.

I don't know if the Niners or Raiders would be a good fit since he's got ties to LA gangs. Hopefully he tries to reform a bit and grow up understanding he probably has one more shot before he's kicked to the curb for good.

Would be interesting to see what price it's going to take.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
No please. It's one thing to give guys with troubled pasts a shot at redemption, it's completely another to give guys with troubled 'presents' that same shot.

Tical21

Reaction score
OVER-RATED *CLAP CLAP, CLAPCLAPCLAP*.....OVER-RATED.....

Been in a passing offense his entire career and has only caught more than 62 balls once. He is a really fast, really exciting, really overrated player.

jblaze

Reaction score
The Hawks are great at giving distressed assets shots to prove themselves and allowing to sign the year after. It's a viable strategy that appears to work for everyone involved. Also look at what they did for Bennett, they could use that as an example and say they allowed him to come here on a prove it deal and then paid him.

The guy is clearly on notice and hopefully will be very careful of his interactions going forward.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
vin.couve12":c8ma6jvt said:
Stop thinking about this in terms of money OR help at WR. This guy is a known gang affiliate of the gang variety and is close with other crips who are currently on trial for murder. While he's not a suspect himself I've already seen tweets from some of his teammates in relief that this happened.

He's another murderer waiting to happen huh?

G-Money

Reaction score
Statement from former Eagles WR DeSean Jackson:

"First I would like to thank the Eagles organization, the Eagles fans and the city of Philadelphia for my time in Philly. I would also like to thank coach Andy Reed for bringing me in. Secondly, I would like to address the misleading and unfounded reports that my release has anything to do with any affiliation that has been speculated surrounding the company I keep off of the field. I would like to make it very clear that I am not and never have been part of any gang. I am not a gang member and to speculate and assume that I am involved in such activity off the field is reckless and irresponsible. I work very hard on and off the field and I am a good person with good values. I am proud of the accomplishments that I have made both on and off the field. I have worked tirelessly to give back to my community and have a positive impact on those in need. It is unfortunate that I now have to defend myself and my intentions. These reports are irresponsible and just not true . I look forward to working hard for my new team. God Bless."

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
vin.couve12":h64po9mo said:

Didn't people say the same things about Marshawn? I remember him being called;

- lazy
- thug
- problem waiting to happen

I'm not for signing Jackson, but I think you're overreacting on the whole "he's the next Hernandez" thing.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2ivwz72m said:

from the article:

Since joining the Eagles in 2008, Jackson -- a three-time Pro Bowl player -- has been an active member of the Philadelphia community and has been involved in several charities. He has been particularly active in campaigning against youth bullying.

Lara, his former high school coach who now is head coach at Warren High School in Downey, Calif., said Jackson has been nothing but friendly when the wide receiver has visited Poly High during NFL bye weeks. Lara added that Jackson has even been willing to bring his anti-bullying message to Warren.

"As a player, he was a great kid for me," Lara said. "I didn't have any issues. I loved his leadership. He had a chip on his shoulder and, as a coach, you like to see that in a great athlete. He had something to prove.

"I was a little worried about him after his father passed. I know his mother tried to get involved [in his life], but I haven't seen any indication [Jackson is involved with gangs] outside of him starting up his rap label. Athletes like to portray a tough image with gangsters and whatever else. Maybe he's playing into that. That's a part of him that I never really saw."

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
For 5m a year, I would welcome him with open arms. He would instantly make the offense 2x difficult to stop with his YAC & deep ball ability. His PR ability is also +1. Great replacement for Tate.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
See, I was all for the Havin rumors last season cause I know what a tough SOB he is and he is probably faster than any receiver in football. I was shouting a big YES.
Jackson, while incredibly talented, I am on the NO bandwagon. Gang associates, major diva, poor work ethic...HELL NO!!!!
Extensions please!!! DRAFT!!!
I have said my piece.

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't think he will end up here guys, but P & J are unpredictable.

I hope we stay the course of Draft...Coach....Turn them into good players, keep a few and rinse / repeat.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Don't get why everyone wants these prove it deals, I don't think Jackson needs to prove it as he is a great WR, he is an ass if the gang stuff is true but these prove it deals, or get a ring deals are getting crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.