Would y'all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
jblaze":12nqg7si said:
TorontoHawk":12nqg7si said:
Don't get why everyone wants these prove it deals, I don't think Jackson needs to prove it as he is a great WR, he is an ass if the gang stuff is true but these prove it deals, or get a ring deals are getting crazy.

In this situation the prove it deal isn't proving his production on the field, it's proving he can keep his nose clean off the field. In addition to the gang stuff, there's lots of reports of him missing meetings, berating teammates and arguing with coaches. He's a diva. He needs to prove he can be a team player.

The guy needed to be put in his place and his livelihood put in jeopardy apparently. Lots of people respond well to these challenges and turn things around because they thought they were irreplaceable before. He's not, I hope he gets the message.

Our FO has picked up plenty of these guys in the past and it's worked out. He's being hit in the pocket book now and that's usually when these guys wise up.

Good Point. But it seems every time we are interested in someone(mostly rumors) they is always this prove it deal or get a ring deal, Jackson it does apply for off the field but not on the field.

jblaze

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1gzqcdb5 said:
jblaze":1gzqcdb5 said:
TorontoHawk":1gzqcdb5 said:
Don't get why everyone wants these prove it deals, I don't think Jackson needs to prove it as he is a great WR, he is an ass if the gang stuff is true but these prove it deals, or get a ring deals are getting crazy.

In this situation the prove it deal isn't proving his production on the field, it's proving he can keep his nose clean off the field. In addition to the gang stuff, there's lots of reports of him missing meetings, berating teammates and arguing with coaches. He's a diva. He needs to prove he can be a team player.

The guy needed to be put in his place and his livelihood put in jeopardy apparently. Lots of people respond well to these challenges and turn things around because they thought they were irreplaceable before. He's not, I hope he gets the message.

Our FO has picked up plenty of these guys in the past and it's worked out. He's being hit in the pocket book now and that's usually when these guys wise up.

Wasnt Marshawn brought in to Seattle with a similar (if not worse) rap? I think he had gun charges didnt he?

Yes. Marshawn is a thug and there's nothing wrong with that as lot as it's not gang related. These guys grow up in this ghetto situations and that's fine, there's just no reason to affiliate with gang's at all. It's just stuipid.

I have a friend who works security for the Hawks and he says Marshawn is the biggest thug you've ever seen. Doesn't mean he's a douche or is a criminal, it's just his lifestyle and it's not mutually exclusive to being a good teammate and productive player. JS/PC take these guys in and let's them be who they are. It's all about the team.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":c0y1pp52 said:
Man Philly fans are not happy haha.

Most of them were not even happy about the idea of a third round pick for Desean. Now they lose him for nothing.

They love him for a reason.

This is not true at all. Many are happy to have him off the team because the every tweet from Jackson's teammates have appeared to show relief.

Maclin's and Kelce's tweets in particular are good. Maclin said the whole ordeal was similar to TO in 2005 with the Eagles.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Side question. His availability has been rumored for a while. Plenty of opportunity for behind the scenes haggling.

Do you think he'll sign with a new team quickly?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
jblaze":1jfczyax said:
Uncle Si":1jfczyax said:
jblaze":1jfczyax said:
TorontoHawk":1jfczyax said:

Wasnt Marshawn brought in to Seattle with a similar (if not worse) rap? I think he had gun charges didnt he?

Yes. Marshawn is a thug and there's nothing wrong with that as lot as it's not gang related. These guys grow up in this ghetto situations and that's fine, there's just no reason to affiliate with gang's at all. It's just stuipid.
team.
This. It's a big difference between being a hard arse from the ghetto to actively associating with gang members suspected of two murders while also throwing crips signs at other players on the NFL field of play. He's also throwing crip signs in a lot of pictures off the field.

HUGE difference.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I just don't even care.

I don't expect team PCJS to sign him, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. I just get the feeling that there are baggage issues I would rather see shifted to SF. It just seems to me that the draft would be a great place to add a receiver and a guy that can return punts. Maybe same guy does both.

As long as it was a prove it deal I would be ok with it, but that also depends on what proving it is.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":2o1r3edw said:
Watch the 9ers go after him.

They'd love him, but they have even less cap space than us...............AND they're in the middle of trying to sign Kaeperstink to a long term contract.

The Niners could probably fit him under the cap for this year with a backloaded contract, but then they'd be ruining their cap situation for the next 2-3 years.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3dw1xijz said:
Ziggyy108":3dw1xijz said:

Most of them were not even happy about the idea of a third round pick for Desean. Now they lose him for nothing.

This is not true at all. Many are happy to have him off the team because the every tweet from Jackson's teammates have appeared to show relief.

Maclin's and Kelce's tweets in particular are good. Maclin said the whole ordeal was similar to TO in 2005 with the Eagles.

and we know how many people TO killed!

these tweets? “I want to win games,” Maclin replied (via Philly.com), “and obviously DeSean is a very talented player. So I want to win games.”

Jason Kelce: We just made an extremely unpopular decision, but I couldn't be more excited and happy with where this organization is going!! #FlyEaglesFly

man they really went after him

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1eln9q9u said:
vin.couve12":1eln9q9u said:
Ziggyy108":1eln9q9u said:

these tweets? “I want to win games,” Maclin replied (via Philly.com), “and obviously DeSean is a very talented player. So I want to win games.”

Jason Kelce: We just made an extremely unpopular decision, but I couldn't be more excited and happy with where this organization is going!! #FlyEaglesFly

Nice spin, but that's not the Maclin tweet I'm talking about and you don't know as many Eagles fans as I do. There's a whole story to this that you don't know.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jblaze":u1crjylp said:
Yes. Marshawn is a thug and there's nothing wrong with that as lot as it's not gang related.

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

As Richard Sherman says in his ESPN video that's included on the SB Blu Ray "I laugh when people call me a thug, because I KNOW thugs..........and believe me I'm not even close to a thug."

Cartire

Reaction score
For $6 mil, hell yes. But there is no way he settles for $6. Someone out there will pay him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Niners fans if they sign Jackson: "Best WR core in football, Ring #6 here we come, Hawks are going down!"
Niners fans if the Hawks sign him: "LOL, good luck with that Seattle, what a stupid move."

Uncle Si

Reaction score
vin.couve12":mw3lywkv said:
Uncle Si":mw3lywkv said:
vin.couve12":mw3lywkv said:
Ziggyy108":mw3lywkv said:

Nice spin, but that's not the Maclin tweet I'm talking about and you don't know as many Eagles fans as I do. There's a whole story to this that you don't know.

I lived in Jersey for a long time... i know alot of Philly fans who arent happy at all.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ucr94fj said:
jblaze":1ucr94fj said:
Yes. Marshawn is a thug and there's nothing wrong with that as lot as it's not gang related.

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

As Richard Sherman says in his ESPN video that's included on the SB Blu Ray "I laugh when people call me a thug, because I KNOW thugs..........and believe me I'm not even close to a thug."

Many people here seem to think that "thug" and "gang member" are the same thing. After all , they're black, right? If a black guy is a hard arse from a certain place that means they're a thug, right?

I used to live where MarShawn is from for about a year and I do think many here are ignorant tools bordering on bigotry.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3o5t20hc said:

I lived in Jersey for a long time... i know alot of Philly fans who arent happy at all.[/quote]

Depends on who you talk to. The masses are the masses and opinions vary and vary vehemently.

GCrow

Reaction score
Yeah this organization if far above associating themselves with people who are known gang members, and much less have beaten murder charges.......... oh wait whats that?

pete-carroll-snoop-dogg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts