Would y'all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCrow

Reaction score
What a idiot amirite? I mean, if Jackson had any smarts he would have just dropped a racial slur at a Kenny Chesney concert. Coulda allowed him to sign a huge extension.

HawkStar22

Reaction score
I think it's hilarious that people want to call him a gang member and "the next Aaron Hernandez" and all these other things, but they have no clue what they are talking about... None of us know him personally so don't make statements about a player you know nothing about. He's a great WR plain and simple and that's supported by facts. Stop forming opinions based on rumors and what ESPN says, it's annoying.

chihawk

Reaction score
Considering the allegations of his off-field issues, he may have to settle for a short-term, lower $ deal. If that's the case, I think Seattle would be one of the best places for him to do that. If there is truth in the allegations, PC could be the perfect coach for him considering his background and familiarity with the LA area....joining the Raiders could be very bad for him.

checkdanews

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3rjmv8c7 said:
vin.couve12":3rjmv8c7 said:
Stop thinking about this in terms of money OR help at WR. This guy is a known gang affiliate of the gang variety and is close with other crips who are currently on trial for murder. While he's not a suspect himself I've already seen tweets from some of his teammates in relief that this happened.

This guy is a potential Hernandez waiting to happen. He's a POS.

If you still don't care, you can take your greed and shove it up your....

Didn't people say the same things about Marshawn? I remember him being called;

- lazy
- thug
- problem waiting to happen

I'm not for signing Jackson, but I think you're overreacting on the whole "he's the next Hernandez" thing.

People have the shortest memories, the same exact things were said about Marshawn. Out of anybody in the league, I would think Pete is the perfect fit to get this kids life back on track. The work Pete does to make these players better people is huge. Plus we all know how the media loves to blow this "thug" crap out of proportion, hearing Adam Schefter say "throw gang signals" made me die laughing.

King Dog

Reaction score
I'm seeing a bunch of Tim Ruskell's in this thread lol.

Hellz yes I would want him if a deal could be reached that was acceptable to the FO.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Aubrey Plaza no

Two days ago I would have been on board, but there's just too many red flags surrounding the guy right now...at least for the money he's probably expecting to get. Even if he gets paid way less than he wants, he'll just hold out next year after he puts up good numbers again, haha. Someone will give him No.1 money, I don't see that team being Seattle.

Give a young kid in the draft an opportunity to make the squad.

jblaze

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2hnk34zi said:
See, I was all for the Havin rumors last season cause I know what a tough SOB he is and he is probably faster than any receiver in football. I was shouting a big YES.
Jackson, while incredibly talented, I am on the NO bandwagon. Gang associates, major diva, poor work ethic...HELL NO!!!!
Extensions please!!! DRAFT!!!
I have said my piece.

People were saying similar things about Percy the year before last in Minnesota.

This fits JS/PC's profile exactly, they are conservative with role players but aggressive with unique special talents. They're obsessed with explosive plays and Jackson fits that mold big time.

Distressed assets coming in on prove it contracts means value for both sides.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
checkdanews":3ufp0lqv said:
Sgt. Largent":3ufp0lqv said:
vin.couve12":3ufp0lqv said:
Stop thinking about this in terms of money OR help at WR. This guy is a known gang affiliate of the gang variety and is close with other crips who are currently on trial for murder. While he's not a suspect himself I've already seen tweets from some of his teammates in relief that this happened.

This guy is a potential Hernandez waiting to happen. He's a POS.

If you still don't care, you can take your greed and shove it up your....

Didn't people say the same things about Marshawn? I remember him being called;

- lazy
- thug
- problem waiting to happen

I'm not for signing Jackson, but I think you're overreacting on the whole "he's the next Hernandez" thing.

People have the shortest memories, the same exact things were said about Marshawn. Out of anybody in the league, I would think Pete is the perfect fit to get this kids life back on track. The work Pete does to make these players better people is huge. Plus we all know how the media loves to blow this "thug" crap out of proportion, hearing Adam Schefter say "throw gang signals" made me die laughing.

It's not the same at all. Marshawn doesn't ACTUALLY throw legitimate gang signs on the field and doesn't ACTUALLY affiliate with a gang where some of his close friends are on trial for murder. Jackson IS a crip. That article is only one of many regarding his issues.

Marshawn is a choir boy compared to this guy.

GCrow

Reaction score
Wait a second you guys, possible bigger issue at hand! PETE CARROLL WAS IN THIS GUYS LIVING ROOM?!?!?!

IMO, this screams future charges on Pete for conspiracy to murder, think we should just cut bait with him now to avoid the PR disaster

http://instagram.com/p/l0af_DuNg8/

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

The Seahawks, 49ers, Jets, Raiders among the trams that had prior interest in DeSean Jackson, FWIW. Have a gut Seattle is a major player

jblaze

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":3hugsy7w said:
Don't get why everyone wants these prove it deals, I don't think Jackson needs to prove it as he is a great WR, he is an ass if the gang stuff is true but these prove it deals, or get a ring deals are getting crazy.

In this situation the prove it deal isn't proving his production on the field, it's proving he can keep his nose clean off the field. In addition to the gang stuff, there's lots of reports of him missing meetings, berating teammates and arguing with coaches. He's a diva. He needs to prove he can be a team player.

The guy needed to be put in his place and his livelihood put in jeopardy apparently. Lots of people respond well to these challenges and turn things around because they thought they were irreplaceable before. He's not, I hope he gets the message.

Our FO has picked up plenty of these guys in the past and it's worked out. He's being hit in the pocket book now and that's usually when these guys wise up.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
YO JS go get this guy. He is a game breaker. Him and Percy would be incredible together.

Isn't he related to Sherm as well???

Maybe missing Allen will be a blessing in disguise if we can bring in DeSean.

WR was a wayyyyyy bigger hole than DE. If Percy goes down we are in trouble.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think we're dreaming if we think Jackson can be signed for a "prove it" deal. Dude had 82 catches and 9 TD's last year, he's nowhere near the point where he's going to settle for a prove it deal.

Believe me, someone is going to give him a 3-4 year contract. Probably the Raiders, they love guys like Jackson.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
jblaze":3tdu1790 said:
TorontoHawk":3tdu1790 said:
Don't get why everyone wants these prove it deals, I don't think Jackson needs to prove it as he is a great WR, he is an ass if the gang stuff is true but these prove it deals, or get a ring deals are getting crazy.

In this situation the prove it deal isn't proving his production on the field, it's proving he can keep his nose clean off the field. In addition to the gang stuff, there's lots of reports of him missing meetings, berating teammates and arguing with coaches. He's a diva. He needs to prove he can be a team player.

The guy needed to be put in his place and his livelihood put in jeopardy apparently. Lots of people respond well to these challenges and turn things around because they thought they were irreplaceable before. He's not, I hope he gets the message.

Our FO has picked up plenty of these guys in the past and it's worked out. He's being hit in the pocket book now and that's usually when these guys wise up.

Wasnt Marshawn brought in to Seattle with a similar (if not worse) rap? I think he had gun charges didnt he?

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Man Philly fans are not happy haha.

Most of them were not even happy about the idea of a third round pick for Desean. Now they lose him for nothing.

They love him for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.