Would you prefer a change in offensive identity?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":181s4gg6 said:
Tech Worlds":181s4gg6 said:
I personally liked our ground and pound offense. We imposed our will through the running game. Physically whipped teams.

We aren't good enough to do it anymore or I think we would be. It's tried and true way to win games.

Hmm remind me how many SB in the last 10 years were won with that style? answer 1-2. You need to be able to run the ball but there are other ways than lining up 5 lineman, 2 te and saying we are running it stop us. Especially when you team is not built like that any more. Also you do not pay or get an Elite QB to run smash mouth. You can impose your will passing as well, See NE, which can open up the run.
Correctomundo.
The Seahawks identity was to pound the rock with Marshawn "Beastmode" Lynch, but with that style of play his body is paying too high a price, and shouldn't be expected to take the beating like he use to do, not if he wants to have some semblance of normal life when he finally decides to hang it up.
The Seahawks will still be running the ball, but the reality is, Wilson needs to have a lot more protection.
There are too many fans believing that because he's stocky, and most times, elusive, he's still human, and the hits will eventually start taking its toll.
I think that the O-Line needs to be upgraded and retooled to being more Pass Pro oriented.
I think that Wilson has shown what he can do passing from a sub par pocket (4,000 Yards), and at that, he didn't really get going until several games, where he was being sacked, hurried, & hit.
The first half of our game with the Panthers, where Wilson tried to hurry his passes and throwing two int's was because of shitty protection that he had.
The Seahawks will probably go with the RB by committee, and they should, and too, Wilson is going to break for a few runs himself when some plays break down, so I think there will still be some balance of run to pass in our Offense.
With Wilson, we have a triple threat, why not use his elite skills to our advantage?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Offenses need balance and good mixture of play calling. NFL defenses are just too good and adjust too well if you show your run vs pass hand or any other hand of any other kind.

This isn't a matter of money or fans wanting to be more entertained or any other relatively meaningless reasoning. It's about winning....bottom line.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
All the long bombs against Minnesota, when the ball clearly wasn't traveling, was just painful to watch.
No excuse for that type of play calling. Dink and dunk was the only option in that weather. And as usual, Bevell waited until the 2nd half to actually adjust.

mrt144

Reaction score
I want an offense that has some semblance of observational skills.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":v1ifgbm0 said:
Unless they fix the o-line, better keep pounding the rock.
Before Marshawn was lost, we pounded the rock better with road graders at LG and RT.

With Rawls, we can pound the rock with Britt at LG and Gilliam at RT... not so with Marshawn, especially perhaps not at 100%.

OP
OP
B

blazen2392

Reaction score
One thing that really stood out as really bad this year was coaching and playcalling. It was just aweful. Our coaches are just as much to blame here. they did a terrible job gameplanning on a lot of games all season long.

Bevel really is a fool. I don't know why after 1000 plays of previous experience to choose from, he insisted on throwing a screen, to anyone not named tyler lockett. It's like he intentionally reverts to his old ways.

Can't really blame Pete. He took a lot of gambles this year but more often than not they fell flat.

There wasn't a loss we had this year that didn't make me think we just got straight up outcoached.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
blazen2392":3qbn9v7c said:
One thing that really stood out as really bad this year was coaching and playcalling. It was just aweful.

Perhaps they will hire you as a coaching and play calling consultant. [emoji6]

And that's 'awful' (no 'e') or maybe you are secretly in 'awe' of Bevell and that was a Freudian slip.