Would you sign Richie??

• YES

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • NO

Votes: 39 63.9%

• Total voters

kearly

Reaction score
Voted no, but if desperate enough I would not rule out the option. Michael Vick didn't rush out to buy dog kennels after Philly gave him a 2nd chance, and I wouldn't expect Incognito to bully any teammates given that his career would be in the balance. Our locker room wouldn't tolerate that shit and he'd be gone if he wasn't in line.

I just don't think we'd really need him, barring a ton of injuries.

Throwdown

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":byoz2pot said:
Do it... he's a perfect Seahawk. Everyone hates the guy, he's nasty and if he was a locker room problem he would be gone as fast as JS could type up the release.

I hated the guy when he was with the Rams, but mostly because he was always instigating. He is like Breno on steroids.

Except Breno wasn't racist

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":4uv477bw said:
Do it... he's a perfect Seahawk.
Disagree 100% percent.

The core of our team includes a lot of guys who were slighted, discounted, or overlooked in one way or another. As a result, these guys were gasping for an opportunity and once they got it, here with the Seahawks, they made the most of it. They knew that to self-actualize and achieve their dreams they had to work together and live, eat, and breath Seahawks football. 24/7, Leave No Doubt, and all that. The perfect Seahawk is intelligent, accountable, opportunistic, determined, cooperative, and fearsome on the field.

Incognito has been gifted every opportunity to succeed and he has screwed up all of them. He is a combustable, uncontrollable, uncooperative drunk who causes problems everywhere he goes, despite second, third, and fourth chances. He got those chances because he is a physically gifted beast, but he threw them away with selfish, boneheaded, angry, violent behavior. He is the anti-Seahawk.

Maybe he's perfect for Mora's dream of dirtbag Seahawks. That might work.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I say let Beefmo take him on a ride in the Aventador thru the Killzone area of OAKLAND, playing nothing but Philthy, The Jack, C-Bo etc., for a day with a hidden GoPro cam on him the entire ride. Would LOVE to just see his facial expressions :D

Basis4day

Reaction score
Went schimming through the responses and don't think i saw any mention of him having experience in ZBS.

It's not worth it to bring in a vet without it.

Anyone know?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I saw this post and initially dismissed it. I may have even laughed it off. I've had a change in perspective on that, though. I watched the Boomer Esiason piece and then carefully read all the comments thus far. After doing so, I voted, "Yes." I would not be against JS/PC bringing RI in and giving him a shot. Still, I would be surprised if it actually happened.

Regardless of whether or not RI is at all guilty of any of the accusations... How many of you would enjoy having the worst everyone else can project on you... those moments plastered all over the media or here on .net? Would you be kicked off .net for the kind of person you are? Guess what? We're all that person to some degree. There are things about of all of us that we want to associate only with worst that we can conjure up in our minds about RI and others we can find for comparisons so we can make ourselves feel better about ourselves. It's just easier for us to want to look at a guy like that and berate him so that we don't have to think about the worst in ourselves.

Yes, there are consequences for our actions sometimes and perhaps some deserve public scorn and all that comes with it. Just seems like with this RI situation... there are voices saying opposing things and it doesn't all add up to him being as bad as some what us to think. Not sure what's going on with some of his mental behavioral concerns. But, some of that popped up perhaps in part due to him being publicly scorned.

I'm sure there are different and competing personalities already in the locker room. I don't think adding RI would be a distraction. (If they do) They might just have to brief the players to say they will only make comments about RI the football player and teammate and leave the other stuff for the media to talk about if they want.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":37c2dviw said:
Went schimming through the responses and don't think i saw any mention of him having experience in ZBS.

Anyone know?

The Dolphins don't run a ZBS and I don't recall the Rams running one when he was here.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":2dc1x8kk said:
Regardless of whether or not RI is at all guilty of any of the accusations... How many of you would enjoy having the worst everyone else can project on you... those moments plastered all over the media or here on .net? Would you be kicked off .net for the kind of person you are? Guess what? We're all that person to some degree. There are things about of all of us that we want to associate only with worst that we can conjure up in our minds about RI and others we can find for comparisons so we can make ourselves feel better about ourselves. It's just easier for us to want to look at a guy like that and berate him so that we don't have to think about the worst in ourselves.
What?

We are not all that kind of person. Not even to some degree. If we all lashed out with physical and emotional violence half as much as Incognito has (at parties, at team community functions, against his own teammates and coaches, over the past 12 years) we would be in prison, or facing other dire consequences. He has been given repeated opportunities and fresh starts despite a pathological inability to control his anger because that "skill" is useful, when harnessed, on the football field.

It does not make me feel better about myself to point out actual events that he himself perpetrated, and which in turn have established his reputation. I feel sad for the people who have invested in him and tried to help him, only for him to betray their trust and cause pain and misery in his wake. Getting kicked off teams and assaulting people are not media-created character attacks. The situation with Jonathan Martin was not a singular event.

As far as opposing views on him as a person, no he's not a child-eating demon every moment of every day. Consider him like the Incredible Hulk. Feel sorry for the Bruce Banner part of him that agrees to go to therapy, but don't for a second forget that at the drop of a hat the Hulk could explode and smash everything that everyone involved was trying to make better.

For the most part, all bullies are in pain and they erupt because they too were bullied somehow. While that helps to explain their behavior, it does not excuse it, and it does not excuse their inability to get over it without harming others. Nor does it mean you invite them to your house for dinner, or onto your team. Given Pete's emphasis on psychological profiles, I feel comfortable believing we won't even consider going near Richie with a 10-foot pole.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
RI has been a dumpster fire since High School, so not I wouldn't sign him.

I'd be a lot happier having Martin on the team than RI. RI is a goon, plain and simple.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":3tsmy8jl said:
Basis4day":3tsmy8jl said:

Anyone know?

The Dolphins don't run a ZBS and I don't recall the Rams running one when he was here.

Big "No" from me then.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
RI only had 1 year in a ZBS. 2012. It was his best year and the only year he was selected for the ProBowl (as an alternate).

I think it is a fluke though. He is not built for, nor is his technique optimal for, a ZBS.

The best compliment that I could find about RI following the 2012 season was that he was not a liability to the team.

- bsd

Cartire

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1q0bgp43 said:
Can we sign him now? We have zero O-line depth.

This guy knows whats up. We need quality lineman. RO is good.

mrblitz

Reaction score
it might work out if he could do it on the 'down low'... you know -- if he could be 'incognito' about it.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I feel like some of you would want someone who just escaped from jail if they could help the Hawks win a football game.

This guy is above and beyond just a normal a-hole. No thank you.

Latest posts