Wow, Sebastian Janikowski 4-yr deal for $19m, $8m guaranteed

NinerBuff

Reaction score
... And with the first pick, the Raiders select... Teddy Bridgewater

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think Al Davis is still alive and faked his death! This has Al Davis written all over it!

davidonmi

Reaction score
Still not as bad as them using as them using a 1st round pick for him

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3nlab7ks said:
I think Al Davis is still alive and faked his death! This has Al Davis written all over it!

You know, considering this and what they paid to get Palmer after Al's death, I'm seriously wondering if maybe Crazy Al wasn't crazy after all, but that he just let his front office control him too much in his latter years. They're certainly continuing the same tradition of idiotic moves long after he's gone. :229031_shrug:

The Radish

Reaction score
davidonmi":3sp1bq4l said:

Didn't they use a high draft pick to get Ray Guy?

Ray-Duhs call them what you want but they have had some really great kickers through the years.

:les:

Disp

Reaction score
Janikowski is probably the best player on their team, and one of the best kickers in the league. I don't see anything really wrong with the contract considering his importance to their roster. He's only been getting better too.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Disp":1dw7sojl said:
Janikowski is probably the best player on their team, and one of the best kickers in the league. I don't see anything really wrong with the contract considering his importance to their roster. He's only been getting better too.
Yeah, but on a team where you need 22 starters + some decent backups, is it really smart to spend nearly 4% of the entire team salary cap on a kicker?

Decimation

Reaction score
davidonmi":10td4iev said:
NinerBuff":10td4iev said:
Jadaveon Clowney
Nah they need a quarterback; unless Flynn, Wilson, or Pryor emerge into a franchise quarterback.

Disp

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":34t3xgru said:
Disp":34t3xgru said:
Yeah, but on a team where you need 22 starters + some decent backups, is it really smart to spend nearly 4% of the entire team salary cap on a kicker?

Who else is gonna score points on their team? :). Without Janikowski they'd probably get shut out half their games haha.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
davidonmi":2b5tg6xt said:
NinerBuff":2b5tg6xt said:
Jadaveon Clowney
That would make too much sense... We're talking about the Raiders here!

zerohero65

Reaction score
Disp":2immzymi said:
RolandDeschain":2immzymi said:
Disp":2immzymi said:

Who else is gonna score points on their team? :). Without Janikowski they'd probably get shut out half their games haha.

Seriously, he's gotta be their best scorer! (I have no idea what the numbers are)

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
zerohero65":321i23dz said:
Seriously, he's gotta be their best scorer! (I have no idea what the numbers are)

Top 10 active kickers in the NFL for total points scored. I broke it down by average points per game.

Vinatieri 7.28
Longwell 7.08
Akers 7.06
Feely 6.93
Janikowski 6.67
Mare 6.57
Hanson 6.47
Kasay 6.46
Lindell 6.37
Dawson 5.79

mikeak

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1mwrqe0i said:
zerohero65":1mwrqe0i said:

Top 10 active kickers in the NFL for total points scored. I broke it down by average points per game.

Vinatieri 7.28
Longwell 7.08
Akers 7.06
Feely 6.93
Janikowski 6.67
Mare 6.57
Hanson 6.47
Kasay 6.46
Lindell 6.37
Dawson 5.79

And the value of that ranking when you see Akers third on the list???

Yes a lot of money but I say he is close to worth it. I thought they were in cap hell though and this tells me what they really think / thought about Flynn

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
davidonmi":326zsmk7 said:

I don't know about that: how many other teams still have their first round pick from 2000 on the roster? Considering some of Oakland's other first round picks over the years, taking Janikowski in the first round was actually one of their better moves.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
mikeak":1n1pw6uc said:
And the value of that ranking when you see Akers third on the list???

What do you mean? Akers had a very up-and-down year in 2012, but he has been a pretty good kicker for a lot of years before that. Those numbers are active streaks in the NFL for all the years those guys have been active, not just 2012. Remember, though, Akers started the year by kicking a what, 63-yarder?

SeaTown81

Reaction score
People gave the Raiders so much crap for taking a kicker in the 1st round. But they got a pro-bowl kicker for a decade plus. How many 1st round picks at other positions totally bust? Something like 50%. I'd take spending a 1st rounder on Janikowski over Aaron Curry any day of the week.

Latest posts