Ifo ekpre olomu torn acl

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Injured in practice. Crushing blow for the ducks going into the playoffs. Probably our best defensive player, and we don't really have a replacement for him. Really sucks for him personally as well, would have been a 1st round pick last year if he'd entered the draft, but decided to come back for his senior season.

pehawk

Reaction score
Let this be exhibit A for anyone that ripped Clowney for dogging it last year. This kid just lost a couple of million.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":1wr19vbp said:
Let this be exhibit A for anyone that ripped Clowney for dogging it last year. This kid just lost a couple of million.

I know he took out an insurance policy on himself (as did mariota and at least one other duck). Not really sure how those work though.

pehawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3il5bja8 said:
pehawk":3il5bja8 said:

I know he took out an insurance policy on himself (as did mariota and at least one other duck). Not really sure how those work though.

I think it's all or nothing with those, right? He gets paid the insurance if he quits football now.

Wow, this story bums me out. Kid just missed out on taking care of his family for a generation. Even more sickening is people criticizing Clowney for trying to avoid this type of situation.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1hz6xisb said:
JSeahawks":1hz6xisb said:
pehawk":1hz6xisb said:

I think it's all or nothing with those, right? He gets paid the insurance if he quits football now.

Wow, this story bums me out. Kid just missed out on taking care of his family for a generation. Even more sickening is people criticizing Clowney for trying to avoid this type of situation.

Man Pe I don't know. I understand the risks first round prospects taking playing their Junior year but as a fan I'd hope each player on my favorite college team is busting his butt for the overall good of the team.

The way things are going lately, most college players are worried less about their first NFL contract and much more about their second. What's to say 1-3rd round prospects don't take the same approach of giving less than 100% their final year. It'd be a harder sport to root for, you know?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":2jc7s0tt said:
JSeahawks":2jc7s0tt said:
pehawk":2jc7s0tt said:

According to somebody on my ducks board he has something called a "loss of value" insurance policy and will be paid 3 million if he slips to the 3rd round or later.

pehawk

Reaction score
Recon (accidently replied via PM originally): Well, of course I'd prefer a Husky to throw caution to the wind. But at the same time, I have to admit that preference is completely selfish. I'm asking someone to risk millions, life changing money, for my amusement. I'm happy that players do risk it...but also understanding if they choose not to.

Thanks for that info J, good for him.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
pehawk":m4vyvtmh said:
Recon (accidently replied via PM originally): Well, of course I'd prefer a Husky to throw caution to the wind. But at the same time, I have to admit that preference is completely selfish. I'm asking someone to risk millions, life changing money, for my amusement. I'm happy that players do risk it...but also understanding if they choose not to.

I do get why someone would choose to play a bit reserved on the field when millions are on the line. I just don't necessarily like seeing college sports become controlled by the mighty dollar that way nor do like seeing 50+ other guys playing 100% while one teammate is not. I guess that's selfish of me to want players to risk that, but isn't that player being a bit selfish, as well, to his team? To his school? The fans? Mostly I just want to see players play all out for the love of the game.

You're right it is for entertainment but that's the reason these players are playing for millions of dollars to begin with. The fans support. Could you imagine Alabama fans supporting Nick Saban letting his first round prospect play anything less than full speed? No way! They expect its players to put everything on the line each game. In return, they give back the millions of dollars of revenue and treatment that goes with it.

FWIW, I don't think I've seen any strong evidence that there are college players actually taking it to the extreme that they are avoiding contact or practice to stay healthy for the draft. Clowney always looked to play hard when I watched him.

Good topic, btw

Sorry JSeahawks for getting off topic. I feel extremely bad for the kid and the program. To come back for his Senior year for a chance to play in a Championship game but then this? Damn. I wish him a speedy recovery. I guess if there's one sliver of positive out of this, it gives Seattle an opportunity to draft this talented kid and let him redshirt his rookie year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
With how many picks the Seahawks figure to have next year.. would not mind drafting him in the mid rounds if he's there

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3qwbabrg said:
That's a Baalke pick for sure. Dent and ding special.

Yeah, but it will be such a good story, with lots of publicity!

Baalke has an awful lot of Jerry in him. Thank goodness there's no threat of Marvin or Popeyejones coming in here.