Earl skips practice for unknown reason

Decimation

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":3m5hvtri said:
A lot of you all act as if Earl slept with your spouse. Even more though act like the actual said spouse who slept with Earl and are upset he went back to his wife and kids.

What do you expect? He’s been a horrible leader. Just like Kam during his holdout.

Wow, life must be hard for Earl. Put up or shut up, it’s as simple as that.

I’m tired of players on our team acting entitled and don’t want to win some games. I feel like our team has more potential but isn’t giving it there all. A lot of issues revolve around our gimmick offense, but still, they need to pull their head out of their collective asses.

Have a chip on your shoulder and pursue ways to help us win games. This team is a shadow of what it used to be.

Make the playoffs and I’ll eat crow, but this is ridiculous.

chris98251

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":21e3ib7n said:
A lot of you all act as if Earl slept with your spouse. Even more though act like the actual said spouse who slept with Earl and are upset he went back to his wife and kids.

Nah, if he slept with the spouse I could sue for rental fees, If I was the spouse I could blackmail or sue for child support, if pregnant, he makes enough money that he has to feed all his family :)

That's why athletes have to be careful these days, big dollar sign on them for what they do.

seacat1

Reaction score
My guess on what happened with Earl this week is Dallas and Seattle agreed to a trade that was contingent on Dallas signing Earl to a long term contract and they could not come to terms. I know it’s just a guess but that’s all any of us are doing.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ like that one. Or they agreed to terms and because they dont want injury to tank it he sits Sunday and it happens Monday.

seacat1

Reaction score
rcaido":2f736uqn said:
so why practice Thursday?

Who knows with negotiations. Maybe they thought they were close to a deal on Wednesday and it fell apart on Thursday then started up again Friday before giving up on Saturday.

massari

Reaction score
Curious why the Seahawks settled for a 5th for Bennett because of off the field distractions but not a 2nd for Thomas?

Also letting Sherman go for only $3M guaranteed even though he was coming off a major injury, and Sheldon for one year $8M after giving a 2nd for him. Although those guys were FA's and maybe just didn't want to be here...

I guess one distraction > four....

Dear diary

Sports Hernia

Reaction score

massari

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1043869728010383361[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1043836923284983809[/tweet]

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
massari":kfdfw97u said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1043869728010383361[/tweet]

Helluva team player that Earl Thomas is.

Or maybe that's the new norm-perhaps we should all skip work tomorrow, show up Tuesday and at a time that's convenient for us Wed and then forget about Thu and Fri as well because hey, we're all just that invaluable.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Always cringe when people compare their everyday jobs to those of athletes.

James in PA

Reaction score
Developing stories: Cowboys hoping to resume trade talks following today’s game, Chiefs have emerged as a trade partner for Earl, Seahawks considering significant fine for Earl due to missed practices this week.

Yep, I think his days here are winding down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ha288i2n said:
Always cringe when people compare their everyday jobs to those of athletes.

And I'm always flabbergasted by those that feel the simple obligation of us showing up for work is extraordinarily different from contracted athletes fulfilling the same such provisions that their employer requires.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Didn’t we waive some of his fines from the offseason? If so, I imagine that would have been under the understanding he is going to do his job. Clearly, he is battling that, and thinks some parts should be optional. Which is of course never the case.

This is disgraceful on Earl’s part (really the entire saga). It is also likely why Pete said he wasn’t sure about availability. They were probably determining if he would be suspended (still could be next week) from the team for conduct.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
He most likely missed practice to protect himself from injury, as I originally speculated. Kendricks injured his ankle in practice this week. Those who thought this had anything to do with a trade don’t know what they’re talking about.

The Seahawks could fine Earl for showing up and sitting out, like Marshawn, Bennett, and others who have rested during practices over the years. Earl’s decision to rest presumably was not team sanctioned, unlike those other situations.

Still, I think it would be dumb to fine him for protecting himself in practice during a contract year, as long as he continues to show up for practices and balls out in games.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
This entire situation is sad. Earl has been my favorite player since he arrived. He is my game day jersey of choice. Still is. I have it on as I type this. I feel as if he is definitely doing things intentionally to provoke a trade. But I also feel he is genuinely grateful for the Seahawks organization, the fans, and the city of Seattle for all the accomplishments. As much as he wants what he wants, it has to feel bad for him too. I know it has the feeling of being punched in the stomach by our side of this.
It's just sad.

I hate the Cowboys. Not so much the team as I do the entitled reputation the fans and media believe it deserves.

I think Earl is the most dynamic and exciting defensive secondary player in the game today. He always seems to remind you of that just as you start to forget.

Come Tuesday, I don't think he'll be a Seahawk. Today may very well be the last time we get to watch him play for our beloved team.

Rocket

Reaction score
Earl is "holding in", a variant of "holding out" but you show up... and you suit up... but you simply stand and send confusing instagrams.

Who remembers the good old days before free agency??

Cyrus12

Reaction score
interesting tidbit about the Chiefs...like I said the guy is a selfish prick...just get rid of him..his jersey is now behind Harvin's in my closet depth chart....too bad Pete has no choice but to start him.

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Seahawks are considering a "significant fine" for FS Earl Thomas after missing two practices this week.
Both absences were unexcused. It's the latest development in Thomas' ongoing feud with the Seahawks, who continue to rebuff trade offers for the disgruntled safety. Despite blowing off practice during the week, Thomas was present for Saturday's walkthrough and coach Pete Carroll plans to start him against the Cowboys in Week 3. Dallas has been the most aggressive team in pursuing Thomas and that would seem to be the 29-year-old's preferred landing spot, though ESPN's Adam Schefter still believes it's a "super long shot" that the Cowboys would meet Seattle's sky-high asking price. The Chiefs have emerged as a candidate for Thomas if he's traded before the Week 8 trade deadline. Sep 23 - 10:46 AM

Latest posts