Tony Moeaki signed..?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Curtis Crabtree":2e6fxmr4 said:
Interesting. RT @unga45: Big S/O to my bro in law, Seahawks picked up Chicago's finest!! Congrats bro! @TonyMoeaki81 #12thMan #GoHawks

Neat... still rather have Zack, but can't be worse than Luke...

drdiags

Reaction score
Yeah, just posted this in the injury thread. I think this means Z Miller may be headed to IR. Either that or they cut one of the 3 TEs and hope to get Zach late. I just don't think so. Hope I am wrong. The team needs the Z-Man, well the one that plays for the Seahawks, not the one that posts here at .NET.

kidhawk

Reaction score
drdiags":1ys9gpjl said:
Yeah, just posted this in the injury thread. I think this means Z Miller may be headed to IR. Either that or they cut one of the 3 TEs and hope to get Zach late. I just don't think so. Hope I am wrong. The team needs the Z-Man, well the one that plays for the Seahawks, not the one that posts here at .NET.

I was already thinking Miller might go to IR to make room for Lane. This signing would mean we need to make yet another roster move. Going to be an interesting week.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Youtube vid of a one handed catch in 2010 in 3....2....1....

Seriously though. Can he block?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I don't think Zach is going to IR.. but I wonder if Willson is about to be released.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Basis4day":1k7we6z0 said:

Found this
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/10/2 ... the-league

And this blurb from his NFL Draft report
Pick Analysis: The Chiefs take one of the best blocking tight ends in the draft with their selection of Tony Moeaki. He is a strong blocker on the edge, and he possesses underrated receiving skills. With the Chiefs' offense poised to evolve under Charlie Weis, Moeaki could become a quiet contributor as a rookie.

Again, I would be surprised if Zach is put on IR .. I think Moeaki is replacing Helfet or Willson.

pehawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2h5xt6dl said:
I don't think Zach is going to IR.. but I wonder if Willson is about to be released.

Not cut, that was JS's must have in the 2013 draft. I bet Willson won't see meaningful time for awhile, though.

It took Kearse sometime to see the field after his 2012 drops.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Damn this is interesting. Really hope Zach isn't heading to IR, we need him back so bad. But I also don't want to see us let go Helfet or Willson. Helfet has looked better than Willson but I think Luke will come around and stop dropping balls. But it's gotta be soon.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pehawk":3nnraj4h said:
Hasselbeck":3nnraj4h said:

Not cut, that was JS's must have in the 2013 draft. I bet Willson won't see meaningful time for awhile, though.

Percy Harvin was a must have for this front office as well.

He can't block and he can't catch, aside from his touchdown against Carolina. I wouldn't be surprised if hes the one that is released.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":fq31qyg8 said:
Basis4day":fq31qyg8 said:

Found this
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/10/2 ... the-league

And this blurb from his NFL Draft report
Pick Analysis: The Chiefs take one of the best blocking tight ends in the draft with their selection of Tony Moeaki. He is a strong blocker on the edge, and he possesses underrated receiving skills. With the Chiefs' offense poised to evolve under Charlie Weis, Moeaki could become a quiet contributor as a rookie.

Again, I would be surprised if Zach is put on IR .. I think Moeaki is replacing Helfet or Willson.

I wouldn't rule out either. Pete has been giving minimal information on Miller's rehab and most of it, has made it sound like he is still a ways off. We have had a lot of injury issues and they may feel that they need the roster spot. Of course, if they feel Miller can come back strong in time for the stretch run, then they could release Willson or Helfet, and both have had some critical drops, so neither would surprise me at this point.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
You can cut Parks and Fort to make room for Lane and an extra TE. Those guys were always temporary depth. Don't need to cut or IR a TE at all.

pehawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3uimzvof said:
pehawk":3uimzvof said:
Hasselbeck":3uimzvof said:

Percy Harvin was a must have for this front office as well.

He can't block and he can't catch, aside from his touchdown against Carolina. I wouldn't be surprised if hes the one that is released.

Cant block? He actually is a good to great blocker along the line, just a whiffer in space. And, is Luke Willson beating up people too? Is he making huge money? I don't get the Percy comparison.

Maybe he gets cut, maybe. But, he's a good blocker along the line, is cheap, and BFF with Wilson. Doubtful.

No cheap warm body that can block will get cut.

kidhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1qmvh8jy said:
You can cut Parks and Fort to make room for Lane and an extra TE. Don't need to cut or IR a TE at all.

I can see Parks going, but Smith is still Iffy to come back and I think they keep Fort to shore up the depth until Smith is ok. If Smith is healthy, then we are more apt to cut a guy like Fort.

It's all a numbers game right now, and a lot of this depends on which guys get healthy and when they are going to be ready to play.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pehawk":zjq22714 said:
Cant block? He actually is a good to great blocker along the line, just a whiffer in space. And, is Luke Willson beating up people too? Is he making huge money? I don't get the Percy comparison.

Maybe he gets cut, maybe. But, he's a good blocker along the line, is cheap, and BFF with Wilson. Doubtful.

No cheap warm body that can block will get cut.

I'm saying a month ago no one would have guessed Percy Harvin was about to be traded or cut entirely if the Jets didn't agree to take him off our hands.

No one on this roster aside from #3 is immune to a cut if they are not performing. I don't see how anyone can say Luke Willson has been anything more than bad so far this year.

Does that mean Willson will be cut? No. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me at all if he were.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3tpsvyhb said:

Release Willson? Why? Cuz he dropped a couple passes? 5th round draft pick who was the #2 TE in college behind Vance McDonald who was selected in the 2nd round by 49ers, who has only 2 catches this year. How about we let the kid play out his rookie contract before we dump him to the curb. Not too many guys in the league that are 6'5", 250 and run a 4.50 40yd. He is a project that has been tossed into the starting roll in both his first 2 years. Give him a little break huh?

OVERVIEW
At Rice's pro day, Willson ran the 40-yard dash in 4.57 and 4.46 seconds. He had a 38-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-2 broad jump. He ran the short shuttle in 4.28 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.04 seconds. He performed 23 lifts of 225 pounds on the bench press. All of those totals would have been among the top 10 in his position group at the combine.

Her's Pete's quote from last year:

"He's been a fantastic draft pick for us," Seattle coach Pete Carroll said about Willson. "To play so early and contribute in such a variety of ways, and he's really just getting started. He's a tremendous prospect for us for the years to come."

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Interesting.................Hopefully this is just another stop gap player to fill in for a couple more weeks until we get Zach back, but I have a feeling that Zach's recovery is not going as well as the FO was hoping it would. Also, I have a feeling this has more to do with how bad Gilliam was doing filling in as the 3rd TE for us.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
From Rotoworld
" The Seahawks have been receiving very little from their tight ends since losing Zach Miller to an ankle injury. Still only 27, Moeaki offers upside, but near-constant durability woes".

Make of it what you will, but sounds fragile to me.