Home field during the playoffs is a possibility

Joey13091

Reaction score
We would have to win out and have Dallas and Green Bay at least drop one more.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Joey13091":4refltpu said:

If GB, Dal, and Sea all win their division and have the same record at 12-4, Seattle gets the number one seed GB the two seed, and Dal three.

seahawksny

Reaction score
JGreen79":3ftybuuw said:
Joey13091":3ftybuuw said:

If GB, Dal, and Sea all win their division and have the same record at 12-4, Seattle gets the number one seed GB the two seed, and Dal three.

How does Dallas finish behind us if they beat us head to head? Im sure its been asked already and i apologize

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
seahawksny":38caqgt0 said:
JGreen79":38caqgt0 said:
Joey13091":38caqgt0 said:

How does Dallas finish behind us if they beat us head to head? Im sure its been asked already and i apologize

In a three-way tie, head-to-head only matters if one team swept the other two or got swept by the other two. We beat GB and lost to Dallas, not sure GB-Dallas played each other, so that tiebreaker is out and we move onto the next one.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Green Bay really controls everything at this point. Their last 4 games are infinitely easier than our last 4 too..

Really our lone hope is probably the Packers roadie in Buffalo. Aside from that, don't see GB losing again this season.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
It's possible, but I really think this team needs to just win the division first and go from there. At this point Seattle could realistically finish with the 1 seed or out of the playoffs, but I really think they will win their last three games, it's this week in the Philly that will go a long way in deciding if Seattle finishes in the top 3 seeds or if they end up just fighting it out for a wildcard spot.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Green Bay is even more likely than us to win out. That doesn't mean they make it to the NFCCG, but it probably does. They are playing as well as anyone right now.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
The #1 seed is overwhelmingly likely to at least get to the NFC Title game, since all they'll have to clean up is the winner of the NFC South vs. wildcard matchup. Whoever that is, I'm not going to like their chances in Green Bay, Seattle, or even Philadelphia.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
If we win out, we'll be safe in any individual tiebreaker except Dallas. If it's them, we'll need either Green Bay or Detroit to also finish 12-4 in order to give us a three-way tie and dodge Dallas' head-to-head advantage. It can't be Philly, because they'd be 11-5 if SEA and DAL both won out (PHI has upcoming games against both), and ARI would be eliminated by division tiebreaker first.

So there is a scenario in which we win out but achieve only #3 seed: both DAL and GB also winning out. As long as one of them drops a game, we get a first-round bye. If it's the Packers, we jump straight to #1.

Am I right on this?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":303a7ppw said:
If we win out, we'll be safe in any individual tiebreaker except Dallas. If it's them, we'll need either Green Bay or Detroit to also finish 12-4 in order to give us a three-way tie and dodge Dallas' head-to-head advantage. It can't be Philly, because they'd be 11-5 if SEA and DAL both won out (PHI has upcoming games against both), and ARI would be eliminated by division tiebreaker first.

So there is a scenario in which we win out but achieve only #3 seed: both DAL and GB also winning out. As long as one of them drops a game, we get a first-round bye. If it's the Packers, we jump straight to #1.

Am I right on this?

No, we would go past head-to-head to determine this tiebreak because our win over GB would offset Dallas's win over us; head-to-head only works to break a three-way if one team defeated both of the others or if one team lost to both of the others (it would eliminate that team in that case, and then the other two would go to a regular two-team tiebreak). Since that tiebreak wouldn't end up being used, it would go to conference record, and if all teams were 12-4 we would be guaranteed to have the best one. In that case we would get the top seed.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2w2k7wbk said:
MontanaHawk05":2w2k7wbk said:

Am I right on this?

No, we would go past head-to-head to determine this tiebreak because our win over GB would offset Dallas's win over us; head-to-head only works to break a three-way if one team defeated both of the others or if one team lost to both of the others (it would eliminate that team in that case, and then the other two would go to a regular two-team tiebreak). Since that tiebreak wouldn't end up being used, it would go to conference record, and if all teams were 12-4 we would be guaranteed to have the best one. In that case we would get the top seed.

That's what I said.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I think GB loses to Buffalo in Buffalo, wins the rest.

I think regardless of next Sunday's outcome, Seattle wins out.

W90LtrP

RunTheBall

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":27t0gi3b said:
Green Bay losing to Buffalo? Really?
Because Green Bay has looked like a juggernaut on the road, needing a miracle to beat Miami and barely escaping Minnesota.