Best triple threat in Seahawks history

seabowl

Reaction score
With the addition of Graham that gives the Hawks the triple threat of:

Wilson
Marshawn
Graham

Never in our history have we had a triple threat like this on O. The closest thing would have been Zorn, Largent and Dorsett if they would not have screwed up that draft. Actual second best was probably Hass, Alexander, and Jackson. Maybe Krieg, Largent and Warner for second best too?

swagcity21

Reaction score
what are parameters of the best "triple threat"? I recall us having this conversation when we got Percy.

Give it a year or two with these three together, barring Lynch doesn't retire after this season. And then we can talk about best triple threat.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I don't know about the best in history, especially without seeing first if Marshawn does in fact retire next year. If they play together and produce for a couple of years then maybe.

djb28

Reaction score
Bills, Kelly, Thomas and Metzelaars come to mind. They were a potent group, Then they had Reed on the outside.

enamel

Reaction score
It doesn't seem right to count the QB in the "triple threat" as a thrower. I'd like to look at our sets of 3 offensive weapons. Of course, Russell's legs still make him one of our top 3 offensive weapons, but is Wilson & Lynch's running combined with Graham's receiving a more potent combo than DJack, Koren Robinson and Shaun Alexander in 2002?

2002: 1234 yards rushing, 2577 yards receiving, 27 tds
2014: 2155 yards rushing, 1237 yards receiving, 29 tds (and it's doubtful Graham matches his 2014 output in our 2015 offense)

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":1h0tszzk said:
Hawkstorian":1h0tszzk said:
DAAAAAN McGwire, Doug Thomas, Derrick Fenner.

Fenner was very good. I believ 14 td's and beat a murder rap too.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
What about the Krieg,Warner and Largent triple threat with Tice as the TE?SeaBowl-That Dorsett trade still pisses me off today lol..I couldn't get over what that FO was thinking..

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Seahawks have two great triple threats that brought this team to the superbowl

Offense - Shaun Alexander , Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson .

Defense - Earl Thomas , Kam Chancellor and Richard Sherman .

Lynch , Wilson and Graham ? way to early to even propose such an idea.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The price was steeper than most people yet realize, but there's no doubt we got our money's worth.

Hawks46

Reaction score
enamel":1a8bajdo said:
It doesn't seem right to count the QB in the "triple threat" as a thrower. I'd like to look at our sets of 3 offensive weapons. Of course, Russell's legs still make him one of our top 3 offensive weapons, but is Wilson & Lynch's running combined with Graham's receiving a more potent combo than DJack, Koren Robinson and Shaun Alexander in 2002?

2014: 2155 yards rushing, 1237 yards receiving, 29 tds (and it's doubtful Graham matches his 2014 output in our 2015 offense)

Actually, you do have to count Wilson as an offensive threat. Actually, he's a dual threat, to run or to throw. So, would that count as a quadruple threat ?

Either way, Wilson is an offensive weapon that has to be accounted for. If you don't, he goes off for 250 yards in the air and over 100 on the ground.

I'm in the "don't count anything until you see it on the field" camp. Potentially it could be sick. If Bevell doesn't screw it up.

drdiags

Reaction score
John L Williams, Curt Warner and Steve Largent was pretty potent, though Curt never got back to his pre-injury form.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":3unmlxv3 said:
enamel":3unmlxv3 said:

Actually, you do have to count Wilson as an offensive threat. Actually, he's a dual threat, to run or to throw. So, would that count as a quadruple threat ?

Either way, Wilson is an offensive weapon that has to be accounted for. If you don't, he goes off for 250 yards in the air and over 100 on the ground.

I'm in the "don't count anything until you see it on the field" camp. Potentially it could be sick. If Bevell doesn't screw it up.
The incessant cheap shots at our OC are getting a bit tiresome. His direction has led us to 2 Super Bowls and a pair of NFC titles the last 2 years, not to mention top 10 offenses. I think he deserves more respect around here. It will be interesting to see what he'll do with his new weapon.

byau

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3m7gwdqa said:
Hawks46":3m7gwdqa said:
enamel":3m7gwdqa said:

The incessant cheap shots at our OC are getting a bit tiresome. His direction has led us to 2 Super Bowls and a pair of NFC titles the last 2 years, not to mention top 10 offenses. I think he deserves more respect around here. It will be interesting to see what he'll do with his new weapon.

Not to mention Bevell got the Packers back to the playoffs. He also didn't do too poorly with the Vikings until that last year

I think he's good, you could make an argument for great. Not spectacular maybe.

Any Bevell haters, I ask you: what would you do then after you fire Bevell?

Optimus25

Reaction score
byau":206xd40a said:
Siouxhawk":206xd40a said:
Hawks46":206xd40a said:
enamel":206xd40a said:

Not to mention Bevell got the Packers back to the playoffs. He also didn't do too poorly with the Vikings until that last year

I think he's good, you could make an argument for great. Not spectacular maybe.

Any Bevell haters, I ask you: what would you do then after you fire Bevell?

I had enough of the 'we can't do anything else because we have no other choice' argument after kelly Jennings. He hung around about half a season too long thanks to that argument. Necessity plus urgency sparks ingenuity. I'm just at a loss dealing with opinions centered around the back to back super bowls reflecting so much on bevell. I'll give him credit as far as second half adjustments and dynamic processing, but holy catfish can we ever come into a big game and score? Our super bowl opening wasn't just bad, it was literally embarrassing. The green bay game offensive gameplan looked like my 5 yr old was playing madden. The rams ate our lunch and kicked our nuts for an entire half. Imo, bevell needs to practice his gameplan against a full speed defense instead of giggling like a schoolgirl while he draws it out on the chuck e cheese napkins. I plan to incessantly cheap shot our O coordinator at will until we score a td in the 1st qtr of a bigtime game, thank you very much. Isn't our defense built to force you to play from behind and have to make hurried decisions from the pocket? Or is it better we are ALWAYS playing from behind in the biggest games in franchise history, besides 48? Bevell doesn't even fit the teams schematics. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we are top ten mostly due to rushing, right? Does bevell call that, or isnt that cable....really not sure, but i think that factoid gets lost in the sauce for some.

LTH

Reaction score
enamel":2ayweccu said:

The difference there is the 2002 Hawks had Jones and hutch on the side of death...

original poster

Reaction score
It's certainly got potential!

I'm sure I read a stat that said Marshawn and Graham are both top 3 (1st & 3rd with Dez 2nd) in TD's scored in the last 3 years. That's a seriously worrying duo for our opposition.

A

Anonymous

One thing is for sure, we look really good on paper right now.